Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Keep The Balance IX_Equilibrium's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Freaking Chuck Liddell puts people to sleep in the UFC! Just think what a world-class boxer would do!

Chuck Liddell has a skill called "takedown defense". You may want to look that term up.

If you think Mayweather even has a clue as to how and stop a wrestler like Sherk from doing a double leg takedown on him, then you seriously need to stop visiting the many methlabs in Oregon.

Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Mayweather would knock Sherk out. Simple as that. Sherk wouldn't be able to grab him because he'd be asleep. There are many MMA champs that could beat their boxing counterpart, but this isn't one of those instances.

oh wait, I forgot to add...

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count

oh wait, I forgot to add...

We'll never know since Dana isn't going to offer Mayweather $20M. That's what it would take. Floyd would drop him with his first punch.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If it's just that easy, why not do it for a few million?? That's less work than one of his practices...

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    If it's just that easy, why not do it for a few million?? That's less work than one of his practices...
    There's no point to it. Floyd makes more money than that fighting tomato cans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll never know since Dana isn't going to offer Mayweather $20M. That's what it would take.
    No, we'll never know because Mayweather is too much of a pussy to back up his own talking. He knows he would get taken down easily and get the beaten out of him.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    There's no point to it. Floyd makes more money than that fighting tomato cans.
    $3M to throw one punch and make the sport that's over-taken boxing in terms of popularity look bad? Seems like a no-brainer to me...

Isn't this his last fight anyway against ODLH? What would he have to lose?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $3M to throw one punch and make the sport that's over-taken boxing in terms of popularity look bad? Seems like a no-brainer to me...
    does MMA make more money than boxing now? I haven't done any research, but you seem like a good person to ask. I would include TV rights, endorsements, etc....

You can't handle The Truth TheTruth's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what the does it matter? Mayweather is a boxer. Liddell is a MMA fighter. Mayweather would destroy Liddell in a boxing ring, Liddell would do the same to Mayweather in the octagon. WHO GIVES A ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liddell would do the same to Mayweather in the octagon. WHO GIVES A ?

Mayweather is stating the contrary, hence this discussion.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    does MMA make more money than boxing now? I haven't done any research, but you seem like a good person to ask. I would include TV rights, endorsements, etc....
    Who knows...that's broad question...

what the does it matter? Mayweather is a boxer. Liddell is a MMA fighter. Mayweather would destroy Liddell in a boxing ring, Liddell would do the same to Mayweather in the octagon. WHO GIVES A ?
    Everybody knows that (although Liddell vs Mayweather isn't really a discussion point due to weightclass...Sherk vs Mayweather is the challenge issued by Dana White).

The point is that Mayweather runs his mouth about the sport and how him and other boxers would KO MMA fighters before they could take them down, but he'll never back it up because he'd get waxed...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you not read? If he hadnt said what he said then we wouldnt be talking about it. He obviously thinks he could win in the octagon, so therefore the conversation before you was sprung

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    LOL...3 of us pointing out the same thing to "TheTruth" in a 2 min span

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL...3 of us pointing out the same thing to "TheTruth" in a 2 min span
    Oh well, he is acting like we are a bunch of high schoolers that just brought this up at a lunch conversation.

You can't handle The Truth TheTruth's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My statement was directed more towards Dana/Mayweather . I know all they want to do is sell tickets. But they both have to know that neither fighting group stands a chance against the other in the others home ring. Just like all of you know it to be true.

Mayweather wouldn't stand a chance TLong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All Mayweather has to do is keep his trap shut concerning MMA until he is ready to step into the octagon and back up his talk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My boss is a former golden gloves champ.......he thinks like Mayweather......he says a good boxer would knock the livin out of an MMA fighter. He said the MMA fighter would not get close enough to grapple.

Straight from my bosses own mouth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My boss is a former golden gloves champ.......he thinks like Mayweather......he says a good boxer would knock the livin out of an MMA fighter. He said the MMA fighter would not get close enough to grapple.

Well, he would probably get his ass kicked too, you dont have to get that close to a boxer when you can kick the out of their legs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, he would probably get his ass kicked too, you dont have to get that close to a boxer when you can kick the out of their legs
    Exactly. Like Marco Ruas did back in the old days. That guy had some sick leg kicks

I will add that alot of these boxers don't understand that they can't react quick enough to stop a shoot from an experianced wrestler. The only way to stop a shoot is a great sprawl, like Liddell posseses, or a well timed knee (which is alot more rare, but has happened).
    Last edited by IX_Equilibrium; 04-20-2007 at 03:55 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pride can cloud an intelligent man's judgement.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    My statement was directed more towards Dana/Mayweather . I know all they want to do is sell tickets. But they both have to know that neither fighting group stands a chance against the other in the others home ring. Just like all of you know it to be true.

Mayweather wouldn't stand a chance TLong.
    Mayweather would knock him out. Just watch Floyd fight. He is WAY faster than Sherk. Sherk would never get a hold of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mayweather would knock him out. Just watch Floyd fight. He is WAY faster than Sherk. Sherk would never get a hold of him.
    He wouldnt have to, Floyd would get his legs broken before he could hit Sherk once

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Oh I get it...today's 420...you're just really stoned...

Doesn't that make sense to you, or is your brain that dumb that you can't even get that? pussyface's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    ...really funny quote by mayweather about getting facial tatoos and starting street fights. usually, hes not that funny but that is hilarious.

i can't believe no one is has said this yet, but his point is well taken in that boxing features world-class athletes (olympians like de la hoya/jones jr. etc) while UFC is something else, has no tradition, and very well could see its popularity wain soon ala poker, pogs, and pro wrestling.

For the love of god, guys that are in UFC wouldn't be in UFC if they were the type of elite athlete that could make it in boxing.

This is proven overwhelmingly by economics. If any of these UFC guys had been talented enough to make it in boxing at a high level (like a mayweather), of course they would be boxing.

the economics of boxing provide huge/overwhelming incentive that make it the "major leagues" of guys who are truly talented pugilists. Top boxers can make 10's of millions, top MMA get 10's of thousands.

A UFC meathead wouldn't be in MMA if they had the sort of talent a top boxer has.

Doesn't that make sense to you, or is your brain that dumb that you can't even get that? pussyface's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    relative to boxing (where fighters go up against OLYMPIC freakin' champion world class athletes), fighting in the UFC is like taking on the toughest guy at the local biker bar or some .

Thread Information