Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi, Green, Murray, Kyle, Simmons ... this team was stacked on perimeter defenders, if you believe that the current team can produce the same result, you're delirious (with all respect)
    You forgot to mention one of the highest bbiq defenders that team had,a pioneer at drawing charges and an elite help defender who just knew where to be on the court.You know who i'm talking about.Just saying...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You forgot to mention one of the highest bbiq defenders that team had,a pioneer at drawing charges and an elite help defender who just knew where to be on the court.You know who i'm talking about.Just saying...
    he would be our second best perimeter defender on the current roster, and that's not a good thing

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah, the current team has many defensive weaknesses compared to that team, and it would not even be necessary to watch the games to know that, but you can pretend otherwise, no intention in making it change your opinion, half-full glass, I guess
    "It would not be necessary to even watch the games to know that..."

That comment is what differentiates some of us from others

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he would be our second best perimeter defender on the current roster, and that's not a good thing
    Yep,second best defender at age 41...

Wtf did this front office do to our perimeter defense,i cannot understand what the they were thinking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "It would not be necessary to even watch the games to know that..."

That comment is what differentiates some of us from others
    in fact it was an irony to his "fantasy" that this team can produce better defensive results, (where even a fan of other teams, which of course does not watch the Spurs, knows that this has no logic), but keep acting as if you were a kind of differentiated fan

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in fact it was an irony to his "fantasy" that this team can produce better defensive results, (where even a fan of other teams, which of course does not watch the Spurs, knows that this has no logic), but keep acting as if you were a kind of differentiated fan
    No one said we would be 100% equivalent defensively, largely because 2/3 of the team is new to the system. That takes time.

I'm stating your analysis of simply looking at player names is flawed, this isnt NBA live.

Especially when you don't consider the other teams' changes between our last matchup. Or the fact scoring is up overall in the NBA. Or the fact D'antoni has proven that over a 7game series, he is Pop's biatch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just had a look to the remaining schedule. I don't see the Clippers losing more than Spurs as they have an easier schedule. Oklahoma has a very hard schedule and it's still in risk of falling below the 6th spot. The Kings doesn't have too many difficult games so they will be 9th and trying to snatch the 8th if anybody hits a losing streak. Utah has the best schedule and Rockets and Portland should be up there with the Jazz fighting for 3rd to 5th seeds.

At this point, I think the Spurs will be 8th unless the beat several of MIL, POR, GSW, HOU, DEN or lose all of those and some more. The good news is that Denver and Warriors might fight for the number one until the last game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just had a look to the remaining schedule. I don't see the Clippers losing more than Spurs as they have an easier schedule. Oklahoma has a very hard schedule and it's still in risk of falling below the 6th spot. The Kings doesn't have too many difficult games so they will be 9th and trying to snatch the 8th if anybody hits a losing streak. Utah has the best schedule and Rockets and Portland should be up there with the Jazz fighting for 3rd to 5th seeds.

At this point, I think the Spurs will be 8th unless the beat several of MIL, POR, GSW, HOU, DEN or lose all of those and some more. The good news is that Denver and Warriors might fight for the number one until the last game.
    I disagree I can see the Clippers losing the next 3 very easily.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the Jazz just lost to the Grizzlies,half a game now above Spurs for 6 seed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the clips!! They won against the thunder

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something to keep in mind and pay attention to.The Rockets are now just 3 behind the Nuggets for second seed.From a quick look at both their schedule Houston has the easier games left compared to Denver.
    It wouldn't surprise me if by April they are the ones behind the Warriors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers are playing very solid basketball. It looks more and more 8th seed for the Spurs, I was pretty sure 7th was the spot but the way Clips are playing I think they will be the 7th. Utah only .5 games above but they lost two easy games they thought they won before playing them, I am sure they'll lock in again and run away, they can still make 4th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers are playing very solid basketball. It looks more and more 8th seed for the Spurs, I was pretty sure 7th was the spot but the way Clips are playing I think they will be the 7th. Utah only .5 games above but they lost two easy games they thought they won before playing them, I am sure they'll lock in again and run away, they can still make 4th.
    Clippers are try harder scrubs who won OKC cause of one the worst officiated games of all time.

OKC shot 26 Free Throws.The Clippers shot 46 Free Throws.

The Thunder were on the second night of a b2b and the Clippers needed refs taking over and fouling out BOTH Westbrick and PG on offensive fouls which were just flops from Scrub Beverly and Gallinari.

Solid basketball my ass.Did you even watch the game? It was infuriating.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I start To Doubt about Utah, those losses are strange. Next Game for them is Thunder at home so we’ll see.

Normally the spurs Will be 7 or 8 but dont count out 6th.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #6 spot now up for grabs!

Spurs one game away from, but the Clippers also keep on winning!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okc was also coming of an OT game in Portland (B2B), not surprised they dropped that one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers are try harder scrubs who won OKC cause of one the worst officiated games of all time.

OKC shot 26 Free Throws.The Clippers shot 46 Free Throws.

The Thunder were on the second night of a b2b and the Clippers needed refs taking over and fouling out BOTH Westbrick and PG on offensive fouls which were just flops from Scrub Beverly and Gallinari.

Solid basketball my ass.Did you even watch the game? It was infuriating.
    WTF you talking about watching what? How many of the 67 games the Clippers played did you watch? Myself, more than 30. They are playing solid basketball even if your ass can't understand it: 13-7 last 20, how does your ass call that? bad basketball?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF you talking about watching what? How many of the 67 games the Clippers played did you watch? Myself, more than 30. They are playing solid basketball even if your ass can't understand it: 13-7 last 20, how does your ass call that? bad basketball?
    I call that OVER ACHIEVING cause Doc has them playing Hard Defense that at times is borderline hacking and without a number 1 option on offense they are moving the ball and the entire team gets shots.

But,if you find it logical to say that they are playing solid basketball two hours after a team that has Patrick Beverly,Harrel and J.Green on the basic rotation got 46 FT's and a team with Westbrook and PG shot 26,i can at least call your timing unfortunate.Gallo and LouWill shot 15 FT's each! Paul George got a tech after being 3 secs away from knocking Kenny Mauer out.

We won vs OKC fair and square this season.Without THAT officiating.Did you feel the need to say we are playing solid basketball at the time? Would you have said that Clips are playing solid bball last night if OKC had blown them out? I was already pissed at the Clippers while watching the game,you can imagine my temper reaching red levels after reading you prasing them at the specific time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somebody remind the Clippers that they should be tanking, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somebody remind the Clippers that they should be tanking, tbh.
    Doc and the players went to Ballmer and asked him to let them compete for the playoffs even if they lose their draft pick.

Their main argument was that if they said to Patrick Beverly to intentionally lose a game he would perform harakiri middle court in the Staples on live TV.

Ballmer thinking of the children and/or the humanity,went along with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I call that OVER ACHIEVING cause Doc has them playing Hard Defense that at times is borderline hacking and without a number 1 option on offense they are moving the ball and the entire team gets shots.

But,if you find it logical to say that they are playing solid basketball two hours after a team that has Patrick Beverly,Harrel and J.Green on the basic rotation got 46 FT's and a team with Westbrook and PG shot 26,i can at least call your timing unfortunate.Gallo and LouWill shot 15 FT's each! Paul George got a tech after being 3 secs away from knocking Kenny Mauer out.

We won vs OKC fair and square this season.Without THAT officiating.Did you feel the need to say we are playing solid basketball at the time? Would you have said that Clips are playing solid bball last night if OKC had blown them out? I was already pissed at the Clippers while watching the game,you can imagine my temper reaching red levels after reading you prasing them at the specific time.
    So you base your opinion on one game? BTW the one that is less informative, since OKC plays quite a peculiar basketball. They traded their best player and they are winning more than before. If you call that overachieving, OK, but then it is the definition of 'solid': consistent, hardnosed, well-executed, 100% fought. As opposite of Spurs basketball, which is all but solid, every game you never know what's going to happen, win or lose is always a coin toss. I can't care less about them, and I certainly don't like Doc. If you think they'll win less games than the Spurs from now on, by all means bet some money

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you base your opinion on one game? BTW the one that is less informative, since OKC plays quite a peculiar basketball. They traded their best player and they are winning more than before. If you call that overachieving, OK, but then it is the definition of 'solid': consistent, hardnosed, well-executed, 100% fought. As opposite of Spurs basketball, which is all but solid, every game you never know what's going to happen, win or lose is always a coin toss. I can't care less about them, and I certainly don't like Doc. If you think they'll win less games than the Spurs from now on, by all means bet some money
    Dude,i watched the game,i was pissed off cause of the refs and i took it out on your post.

You didn't watch the game i believe,correct me if i'm wrong,and you gave a calm,logical basketball take.

My anger and your calmness made for a bad timing to argue with each other.We good now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude,i watched the game,i was pissed off cause of the refs and i took it out on your post.

You didn't watch the game i believe,correct me if i'm wrong,and you gave a calm,logical basketball take.

My anger and your calmness made for a bad timing to argue with each other.We good now?
    Don't be angry over one game , the way it is going with the Spurs you risk a tough few years coming...Enjoy tonight's game, we might even win it, and forget about the Clips ( me sideways, what if they get nephew this summer...?)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't be angry over one game , the way it is going with the Spurs you risk a tough few years coming...Enjoy tonight's game, we might even win it, and forget about the Clips ( me sideways, what if they get nephew this summer...?)
    Hey,if i know we're tanking come September,or any given September the next 3 years i can have the mindset-as a fan-this is gonna be a losing year and it is what it is.You're not mentally invested in the season in said case but at the potential of the future.

And yeah,all signs point to nephew going to the Clips and if i'm not mistaken they also have 2 max slots? That's what happens when you have a multi billionaire owner like Ballmer in a team with a huge market.And i think that's why Doc stayed there after being stripped of his Front Office role and after his kid was traded.West promised him a championship contender for him to coach most likely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information