Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm referring to offense...neither of them ccan figure out how to finish...all that speed n driving ability with no touch

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake isn’t a point guard…… he needs a lot of work!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if blake dont progress this season...Would like to see rice running the offence at some point

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You sll know that PG is the hardest position, setting the tempo, distributing, creating offense. Already he’s above average defender, his handles are much improved, he can push the ball. It’s baby step steps to the toughest job in the NBA.
    He can't shoot. He can't score in the paint. The Spurs offense doesn't require a point guard do anything other than dribble the ball up the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can't shoot. He can't score in the paint. The Spurs offense doesn't require a point guard do anything other than dribble the ball up the floor.
    You’re just hating. Wesley definitely can shoot and finish just not on a consistent basis, and that’s what he needs to work on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re just hating. Wesley definitely can shoot and finish just not on a consistent basis, and that’s what he needs to work on.
    I mean i can shoot and score just not on a consistent basis either but I’m not getting any offers

anybody can make shots. That’s not what matters

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol hating. What a re ed response. Nobody was more excited that the Spurs drafted Wesley, and few have followed his career as a Spur more closely than I have. I'm dying for him to do well and improve, but I'm watching him play. I think he made one shot tonight and he missed every free throw I saw him take. They also coughed up a 14 point lead. The promise he showed right up until his injury last year is a faint memory. He has put up a bit of effort on defense, but the rest of his game is disappointing. He is currently showing a poor feel for the game, something that started in summer league and has generally failed to show improvement.

The Spurs reached for him because his physical gifts meant he might become a superstar. He doesn't even look like a rotation NBA player at this point. Not a promising career arc.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude just turned 20 and y’all are treating him like just turned 26.

some goofy ass people in here

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

we been searching for a pg the last few years,If wesley aint trying to step up and take advantage of what this team needs
    then we gotta start looking elsewhere

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nope, we're just judging what we're seeing right now, not extrapolating on supposed skills and talent lke some do. I'm a not a prophet and won't tell Wesley is done for the NBA since he's indeed 20, but there are plenty of 20 young NBA players that at least show something that let you imagine they belong, not to mention will star... Wesley hasn't so far, while exposing his inability to finish, really shoot or display some real BBIQ or anything that would make you want to say positive things about him... Oh yeah, he's fast... OK, but what productive things is he doing with that?

And saying he is doing OK is after last night game is just wrong. It feels like a few guys decided they liked him and are already happy to see him dribble the ball on a BB court. This isn't that "legendary" workout anymore, but real organised elite BB, and so far he showed nothing that indicate he could even crack the rotation, other than in garbage time if he actually make the big team. There's a reason, spurs players talk about PG duties by committee and Sochan should start the season there, they don't believe Wesley can make the job, even on the second squad, and barring injuries he should still spend a lot of time in Austin... He doesn't belong right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's beyond stupid. This team has slowly turned late picks into his players, like five of them recently, and they're ready to cut him after a single injury shortened rookie year. Goofy as .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's beyond stupid. This team has slowly turned late picks into his players, like five of them recently, and they're ready to cut him after a single injury shortened rookie year. Goofy as .
    Goofy stupid who knows more than Pop evaluating players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    meh....hes just another cory joseph at this point
    Cory Joseph has played 790 games, and earned $72M. He was also a rotation player on a championship team. There are many players selected in the top 10 who don’t hit those milestones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gatdamn I can't say how wrong you all are about him. What a bunch of noobs.
    He's doing fine. Just ignore the gaggle of idiots. They have no idea what they're looking at.
    you seem personally offended that people aren’t pleased with Wesley’s play

or in general seem to believe they people who don’t agree with you must be idiots

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you seem personally offended that people aren’t pleased with Wesley’s play

or in general seem to believe they people who don’t agree with you must be idiots
    I'm baffled by the talk about cutting him or saying he's awful. It's ridiculous basketball analysis and just dumb group think. It's impressive that a franchise that is so intelligent has such shortsighted fans. We would have cut Kyle Anderson, Derrick White, Dejounte Murray, Keldon Johnson and Devin Vassell well before they became good players.

It's objectively idiotic. I don't mind saying so.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why can't we cut the worst player in the league?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why can't we cut the worst player in the league?
    Cuts before Blake: Birch, Champagnie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm baffled by the talk about cutting him or saying he's awful. It's ridiculous basketball analysis and just dumb group think. It's impressive that a franchise that is so intelligent has such shortsighted fans. We would have cut Kyle Anderson, Derrick White, Dejounte Murray, Keldon Johnson and Devin Vassell well before they became good players.

It's objectively idiotic. I don't mind saying so.
    The spurs also cut Samanic after 1 year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cuts before Blake: Birch, Champagnie
    I’d also say Graham. He seems like an afterthought based on preseason minutes. Even with Tre out. Mamu another option as well though i don’t see that happening

birch is still the easy obvious answer to get us down to 15. Just remains a question if we can afford to trot out this version of Wesley if the goal is to win games this year. Otherwise he’s going to need to play a lot of austin ball, but that also cuts into Rice’s ability to get exposure there at point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs also cut Samanic after 1 year
    Two years. He was also a lazy headcase, and was not cut for basketball skill reasons.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's okay to acknowledge both things. He generally has sucked, but that's because he's young and has a lot to learn, and it's okay to give him more time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d also say Graham. He seems like an afterthought based on preseason minutes. Even with Tre out. Mamu another option as well though i don’t see that happening

birch is still the easy obvious answer to get us down to 15. Just remains a question if we can afford to trot out this version of Wesley if the goal is to win games this year. Otherwise he’s going to need to play a lot of austin ball, but that also cuts into Rice’s ability to get exposure there at point
    Rice was signed because Austin over the years has had problems keeping a PG for the whole season. I don't consider a non-drafted near 25 YO to be a SA development project. He's older than every player on the roster that was drafted by the Spurs, plus guys like Mamu and Bassey. He's on a 2way because gleague contracts are crap, and they don't want him bolting to Europe or Mexico in the middle of the season like past Austin PGs have. When Wesley is in Austin, Rice shoots well enough to slide over to the 2, and play off the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two years. He was also a lazy headcase, and was not cut for basketball skill reasons.
    You’re right about two years. But whatever the underlying cause, he was cut because he wasn’t playing well enough or showing the improvement and growth they needed to see

assuming birch is the cut, next year the spurs will have Collins, Osman, McDermott, and Graham (most likely) off their books. They will also have at least 2 first round picks coming in. If they want to say, re-sign Collins and add FA help, you might be seeing another roster crunch.

i don’t believe Wesley gets cut this year but i don’t think it can be taken for granted that he will be on the roster to start next season and that he’s simply going to be granted a second redshirt year. He’s going to have to play into that spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Samanic was cut because of at ude and effort. Otherwise he'd still be on the team.

Blake's at ude and effort don't seem to be an issue at all. Anyway, this is turning into a negativity circle jerk and it's pointless. Off to other things.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Sochan starts playing really well as their "point guard" and with Tre locking down the backup spot, that's a possibility where Blake's development path gets a tighter look.

Thread Information