Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who has the Lakers first round pick this year? Is it NO? If so, I really hope they don't finish on the bottom. Is it unprotected?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sure. 1 FRP for Josh richardson

and 1 FRP for taking westbrook off your hands to make it work
    Deal

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Who has the Lakers first round pick this year? Is it NO? If so, I really hope they don't finish on the bottom. Is it unprotected?
    Pick swap. The way we playing the Pels will get Wemby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pick swap option, unprotected. If we don’t draw Wemby in the lottery, seeing LA have to hand the pick over is the most entertaining option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Lakers continue to go south, I don’t think they trade Russ, I think they release him outright. The only way they trade him is if they are doing somewhat decent. Why trade assets when you already suck?
    Releasing him completey s them for next offseason. They will have like 10-15mm to spend in free agency only.

They need some form of contracts to come back and/or a TE to be able to make moves next offseason.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They could have traded for DeRozan last summer instead of WestBrick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Classic dumb dumb.
    He’s been doing this his whole career.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook gives zero s right now. I can't see the Lakers holding on to him much longer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams saying it's in talks recently with jrich to Lakers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is trying hard to be traded, it's the only explanation
    Sure his decision making has never been the best but he took that to a whole new level and his body language is very telling.

He would be the perfect tank commander for us

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams saying it's in talks recently with jrich to Lakers
    Here's the part about the Spurs from his article.

The Lakers have also held preliminary discussions with the Spurs in recent weeks, sources said, showing interest in three-and-D wing Josh Richardson. The 6-foot-5 Richardson has averaged nearly 13 points to start the season, shooting 47.1 percent on 5.67 three-point attempts per game. So expect the Lakers to continue to keep tabs with the Spurs, Hornets and Pacers as a potential trade partner as the season wears on.

For now, the Lakers appear determined to give the current roster a proper sample size of 20-to-25 games and assess their needs. Lakers vice president of basketball operations Rob Pelinka is tasked with balancing the team’s current state versus the future when using the only two first-round picks eligible to be traded for the remainder of this decade. And for the Lakers, the proper deal will take patience, strategy, internal resolve and growth.
    This other part makes it seem like the sticking point is the Lakers including both the 2027 and 2029 unprotected picks.

The Lakers and Pacers extensively discussed a potential deal sending Myles Turner and Buddy Hield to L.A. during the offseason, as The Athletic reported in early October, but no deal formed ahead of training camp. The Lakers and Pacers discussed several packages, but Indiana’s demand for both of the Lakers’ first-round picks in 2027 and 2029 prevented a deal from coming to fruition. Turner suffered an ankle sprain during warmups before the Pacers’ season opener last Wednesday, but is expected to return soon.

In a perfect world, the Lakers had hoped Westbrook would find a complimentary role in Ham’s system, but as sources have told The Athletic over the past month, the organization planned to keep an open mind with trade opportunities to improve the team. Potential trade partners across the league have wanted one or two unprotected first-rounders from the Lakers in all deal frameworks, which creates a battle over price and value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers should have pulled the trigger in the offseason if they wanted to go all-in while Lebron and AD are still playing at a high level. Otherwise they should have been trying to blow it up and move those guys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers should have pulled the trigger in the offseason if they wanted to go all-in while Lebron and AD are still playing at a high level. Otherwise they should have been trying to blow it up and move those guys
    They can’t blow it up. They have no FRPS from 2023-2026. There’s no way to rebuild.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers have got to be desperate at this point. If I were them, I’d take JRich over Hield or Clarkson or some of the other wings that have been mentioned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can’t blow it up. They have no FRPS from 2023-2026. There’s no way to rebuild.
    moving AD/Lebron can probably get a pick or two

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    moving AD/Lebron can probably get a pick or two
    Two guys, making a ton of money that have proven that even WITH both, they can’t make the playoffs. They’re both only a year or two behind Russ on the aging curve. No one is giving up any good picks for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let them keep losing. At some point they will be desperate enough to give up those picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way I see it, they’ll play it out with Russ instead of taking contracts that would limit them signing Kyrie, et al next season. It’s going to be a circus season that they could’ve avoided had they were tight lips on Westbrook. And Lonnie is in the middle of it. I’d just beast mode, dunk every shot in the brightest spotlight, and earn your next big contract Lonnie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Through three games this season, opponents are contesting jump shots by Westbrook only 41.2 percent of the time. According to Second Spectrum, that’s by far the lowest contest rate in NBA tracking data history, which dates back to 2013-14.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember that one play where Samanic gave up getting back on D, and how that signified the end of his run as a Spur? Westbrook has been doing the equivalent of that multiple times a game every game for years now. I'm really enjoying this scenario every game:

Westbrook: If I'm open, I'm gonna shoot it.

Every opposing coach, assistant coach, scout, & player: We're leaving you open because we want you to shoot it.

Westbrook: Well, if you leave me open, I'm gonna shoot it, bro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way I see it, they’ll play it out with Russ instead of taking contracts that would limit them signing Kyrie, et al next season. It’s going to be a circus season that they could’ve avoided had they were tight lips on Westbrook. And Lonnie is in the middle of it. I’d just beast mode, dunk every shot in the brightest spotlight, and earn your next big contract Lonnie.
    They will be unable to just sign Kyrie. The only way to get him is with a TE, which only we and Indy can provide.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They will be unable to just sign Kyrie. The only way to get him is with a TE, which only we and Indy can provide.
    Please explain, The Lakers only have 3 players in contract till next year. And Kyrie is UFA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lebron is turning 38 this year. they cant afford to just throw a season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lebron is turning 38 this year. they cant afford to just throw a season
    I agree. But on the other side they cannot afford to lose thise two remaining FRP’s they have. At what point you just move on from LeBron? The guy is 38 as you said.

Thread Information