Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he pulls his out we’re in that Primo boat whether you like him or not………. You jump from meat to meat so I never know where you sit on the matter ( dudes stand btw ). Back to not fooling with you, I don’t like cornballs.
    You are too stupid to even realize I just busted a nut on your ass face

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought intolerant racist bigots like you hated the gays but here you are musing over the thought of ing on a dudes face.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t be mad…….go back and read your post All the words and point of views are yours Just trying to help you moving forward sport. Son, I can peel you like an orange….now go to your room and NO tablet for you today! Lol

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t be mad…….go back and read your post All the words and point of views are yours Just trying to help you moving forward sport. Son, I can peel you like an orange….now go to your room and NO tablet for you today! Lol
    If you really want to punish him cancel his Andrew Tate subscription.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you really want to punish him cancel his Andrew Tate subscription.
    Lol! He’s miserable enough…. I’ll leave him to his own devices.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is he as fast as luka?
    Did you really make that comparison? Is he the shooter Luka is? Or scorer overall? Or talent Luka is? Would he open up the same opportunities for his teammates? Good luck making Sidy your full time lead guard in 2023.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could see Cissoko's positive evolution throughout the SL. I like the pick at 44. Good job by the FO.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you really make that comparison? Is he the shooter Luka is? Or scorer overall? Or talent Luka is? Would he open up the same opportunities for his teammates? Good luck making Sidy your full time lead guard in 2023.
    you disqualified him due to a lack of speed

so is he slower than luka?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's hire back Chip England and we will have the real Diaw 2.0. (Slow mo was never Diaw 2.0)
    I was going to post that if the new shooting coach can fix his shot, we will be saying Chip Who?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/paulgarcianba/st...BN1Th5Jk_Axizg

it is possible for him to sign a two way after all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Cissoko and Barlow on 2-ways would be amazing. Can always convert them to real deals later. But alleviates the need to make subpar moves just to get within roster limit
    Last edited by spurraider21; 07-18-2023 at 12:53 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is inconsistent with the statements from Baskonia's GM about his buyout and the guaranteed years, but who knows. We'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Cissoko and Barlow on 2-ways would be amazing. Can always convert them to real deals later. But alleviates the need to make subpar moves just to get within roster limit
    Barlow deserves a long term contract. Worse prospects with no NBA experience have been getting 4 year deals, he should get a deal like Champagnie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://baskonia.elcorreo.com/thomps...004354-nt.html
    Una vez acabe la competición estival el próximo lunes 17, se espera que Cissoko firme un contrato de dos años garantizados con la franquicia texana y entre los Spurs y el jugador abonen el casi un millón de dólares que estipula su compromiso con el Baskonia. Ese es el precio a pagar, según ha podido saber este periódico, por romper su vinculación con el club vitoriano y formar parte del equipo de Gregg Popovich tras ser escogido en el puesto 44 del Draft. De haber salido en primera ronda, la cifra habría aumentado. El Baskonia y el base galo rubricaron el verano pasado un acuerdo para salir cedido al Ignite y un "buyout" (cláusula de salida) acorde al habitual en los casos en los que la NBA atrae a jóvenes formados en Europa.
    Sidy's buyout from Baskonia is almost 1M, which would have been higher had he been drafted in the first round.
    https://www.noticiasdealava.eus/bask...a-7014075.html
    Félix Fernández, director deportivo del Baskonia, ha ofrecido las pinceladas del Baskonia 23-24 dejando grandes ulares[...]
    Del francés Sidy Cissoko ha dicho que San Antonio le ha ofrecido un contrato de dos años garantizados, pagará su cláusula y dejará de pertenecer a la disciplina alavesa.
    Felix Fernandez, Baskonia's GM said the Spurs offered Sidy a 2 year guaranteed deal (could also be consistent with more years only 2 being guaranteed) and a buyout will be paid.
    Last edited by Ariel; 07-18-2023 at 01:18 AM.

I’M A DAMN SPUR!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No stats to back this up but I was constantly nervous he was going to get stripped every time he dribbled toward the basket. The 1 youtube highlight I watched the night he was drafted said he was a decent ball handler but that didn’t seem to be the case in SL. Haven’t heard much focus on the dribbling just wondering if ppl noticed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that‘s good and they should tbh. Need to flip some of these expirings at the deadline. That means only 1 player needs to get cut if Barlow and Cissoko sign 2-ways

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barlow deserves a long term contract. Worse prospects with no NBA experience have been getting 4 year deals, he should get a deal like Champagnie.
    Bassey was on a 2way last year until February, after the trade deadline. He deserved a regular contract, too, and in fact was on one when Philly waived him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://baskonia.elcorreo.com/thomps...004354-nt.html

Sidy's buyout from Baskonia is almost 1M, which would have been higher had he been drafted in the first round.
    https://www.noticiasdealava.eus/bask...a-7014075.html

Felix Fernandez, Baskonia's GM said the Spurs offered Sidy a 2 year guaranteed deal (could also be consistent with more years only 2 being guaranteed) and a buyout will be paid.
    Things change, I’m not reading too much into this. This reads like one of those soccer transfer window rumors that ends up being wrong.

The game changer is whether, in fact, he can be bought out and signed on two way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy that nobody else offered him one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy that nobody else offered him one
    They probably did, we don't know. He might have turned them down the way he turned teams down during the draft: he has a deal in place to stay, wants to stay, and is waiting to sign after the Spurs finish the summer's business.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They probably did, we don't know. He might have turned them down the way he turned teams down during the draft: he has a deal in place to stay, wants to stay, and is waiting to sign after the Spurs finish the summer's business.
    Maybe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think this means what we would want it to. There's no issue signing Cissoko to a two-way ... provided he gets bought out. The issue is that the Spurs can't pay the buyout if he's signed to a two-way deal. If Sidy finds other means to get his buyout taken care of, then he can sign whatever deal in SA.

We know the d-league can accept players loaned out by other teams. Can the NBA? I didn't see anything forbidding it, but someone like Bruno would know more about that. It seems possible that he could get loaned out to the Toros. Maybe a player can get loaned out on a two-way? It's a weird situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We know the d-league can accept players loaned out by other teams. Can the NBA? I didn't see anything forbidding it, but someone like Bruno would know more about that. It seems possible that he could get loaned out to the Toros. Maybe a player can get loaned out on a two-way? It's a weird situation.
    In fact, Cissoko was never really loaned to the d-league. D-league and NBA don't accept loans. Cissoko signed the same kind of contract as other d-league ignite players.

NBA like all leagues respect FIBA rules for international trades.
    Basketball players are linked to a country. When they want to play in another country, they must get a letter of clearance from the federation of their initial country. The federation checked with their previous team if they are free to go and then they become linked to their new country.

Last year, Cissoko's agents and Baskonia negotiated the he could leave them for a year to play in D-League and then come back with them at the end of the season. Before signing with the ignite team, Cissoko got a letter of clearance from the Spanish federation to become an US player. At the end of the D-league season he got a letter of clearance from the US basketball federation to be linked back with Spain. That's how it works.

One can imagine Cissoko's agents negotiating again with Baskonia to postpone the buyout by another year but that's highly unlikely.

And it wasn't possible for Cissoko to decide not to come back with Baskonia. FIBA has a tribunal in case players or teams don't respect their contracts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, to me the situation is very simple:

- Spurs knew before drafting Cissoko his contractual situation and that a two way contract wasn't an option.

- Spurs have already offered Cissoko a true NBA contract and the money to pay his buyout.

- The only reason why he hasn't signed it yet is the same why Tre Jones hasn't signed his contract. It would have taken some cap space.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, to me the situation is very simple:

- Spurs knew before drafting Cissoko his contractual situation and that a two way contract wasn't an option.

- Spurs have already offered Cissoko a true NBA contract and the money to pay his buyout.

- The only reason why he hasn't signed it yet is the same why Tre Jones hasn't signed his contract. It would have taken some cap space.
    Thanks for explaining! I appreciate the breakdown

Thread Information