Page 203 of 397 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213253303 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,075 of 9906
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Roach just CBd Alford to Texas.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Tomorrow should be a good day.

I think Texas is ordering a double shot.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

10-4

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    SMH.

Damn what’s options does he face here? Best and worst case scenario?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Damn what’s options does he face here? Best and worst case scenario?
    Hard to say because I don't recall this happening under Herman.

Fortunately it doesn't sound like anything violent, but he wasn't legally carrying.

My guess is at least a one game suspension, but Herman may have a specific punishment for breaking the "no gun" rule (assuming the weapon was a gun).

One is Alford. The other QJ or Eaton? The aggyyell board is on Epstein watch right now. Frenzy is destroying on Twitter.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DE Van Fillinger started his season tonight.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He was a guy who I thought showed really big upside from last year. However, His commitment was weird and I had some doubts.

wtf are you doing son???
    Christ... We are NOT Alabama.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Free article

Post Count
    Per The Football Brainiacs, RB Keaontay Ingram and S Cadern Sterns are on crutches after today's scrimmage.

Ingram's status doesn't sound serious, but it appears Sterns' knee is a problem again.
    ugghhhhh.... only two of the three most important players on the team.

well, bobby brown is a beast of a human being at the moment so he has to be a DL. leal has the frame to really bulk up so i can see how he would potentially get big enough for the move to the interior, but he is also freakishly athletic so he has many of the traits you would want from an edge rusher. the times i saw him play, he was just dominant wherever the coaches put him, although he was a little easier to game plan when he was a DL. it will be interesting to see how he develops, physically speaking.
    I appreciate your even-handed responses on here, rjv. I am sure at times it's not easy. Don't let anyone kid you--we hated (and still do) to lose Leal to you all. I won't say that I wish him a great career at A&M, but I do wish him a good life in general, lol.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ugghhhhh.... only two of the three most important players on the team.
    No specific injury update was given, but Inside Texas is hearing RB Keaontay Ingram and S Caden Sterns should be ready to go for Louisiana Tech.

4th & 5 Podcast:
    (Recruiting segment starts around the 43min mark. Cliff notes. Again, not an insider and don’t know anything that anybody else couldn’t find out with a little more time on their hands. Kind of a short recruiting segment but our class is almost complete and there isn’t a lot of movement on ‘21 guys as of late just bc the season is getting so close. The guys have repeated that they expect recruiting to slow down soon.)

Airdate: 8/16/19
    Hosts: Will Baizer & Joe Cook (recruiting segment)
    Link: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hornscast/id1087725144#episodeGuid=hornscast.podbean.com%2F4 th-and-5-setting-expectations-for-the-2019-season-injury-impact-commitment-breakdowns-quentin-johnston-and-xavion-alfor-fbf0aa4e6de3b96c76f85873d2ce7d25

‘21 TE commitment Lake McRee tore his ACL/meniscus. Out for year.

Jerrin Thompson:
    Started pushing in July for his commitment. Tenacious player. Great fit for nickel. ND wanted him really bad. Great tackler. Loose hips and powerful. High ceiling.

Princely Umanmielen:
    Commitment was unexpected. Was leaning UT but wasn’t expected to do it so soon. Is a kid that enjoys the recruiting process. Giles was able to get him despite a&m telling him that he was comparable to Myles Garrett at DE in a 4-3 scheme and sending Twitter graphics out saying as much. (I know there are some good ags on our board but that graphic was almost as funny as the “volleyball e to jimbos face” rumor.) High ceiling. Needs a lot of work with being too handsy, standing up at snap, being more explosive on every snap for such a good athlete. Sweetest part of commitment was how Giles had Price spinning his wheels.

Quentin Johnston:
    6’11” high jump, 4.5(flat) 40yd. He has ridiculous hang time. Good receiver but elite athlete. Will take some work to get his route running improved to college level but the high ranking is warranted. Texas/TCU final 2. Not as good as Demas but testing numbers are comparable.

Xavion Alford:
    Great instincts. Ball hawk. Highly sought by Bama, LSU, and a&m. (This is one of those head to heads that actually matters in my opinion. Princely was fun just bc aggy wanted him so bad. Princely was a good get but not vital to the class.) Naivar has done a great job with this recruitment. Not 100% with this recruitment but UT wouldn’t trade their position with anyone else.

Rando notes:
    Get ready for recruiting to be extremely fun if we have another season like last year. ‘20 class ended up looking great after looking kind of bleak in June. Recruiting run right now will slow down but not before we land a few more in the next week or so.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I appreciate your even-handed responses on here, rjv. I am sure at times it's not easy. Don't let anyone kid you--we hated (and still do) to lose Leal to you all. I won't say that I wish him a great career at A&M, but I do wish him a good life in general, lol.
    thanks, slick. i don't harbor any ill will towards the horns. i mean, you won't ever see any burnt orange on me but i did go to grad school at UT so i have an affinity for the university. and i will always root for the local kids to succeed there. that's why it's so disheartening to read that sterns is having lingering knee issues. he never had any knee or ankle issues at steele and was really an ironman considering his workload was pretty heavy (returning punts, defense and playing receiver at times). i hope he's back on the field sooner rather than later. i really enjoy watching him play.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    not looking good. looks like texas is going to have a strong finish to summer recruiting and the ags are going to take some hits.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    not looking good. looks like texas is going to have a strong finish to summer recruiting and the ags are going to take some hits.
    Which is why this season really matters. These recruits can flip.

Jimbo has the Aggies playing solid football. It’s a much more even effort throughout the game and the Aggies don’t give up now. But the schedule, it’s so tough. Even with a mediocre record, the Aggies play these games tough they could turn heads and minds. Our expectations are skyhigh. We have to show well record wise. So this can become very interesting.

Onward, through the fog Juan Grande's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I stole this from Surly bc it would be selfish not to share it
    Created there by "Boerne Horn"

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Which is why this season really matters. These recruits can flip.

Jimbo has the Aggies playing solid football. It’s a much more even effort throughout the game and the Aggies don’t give up now. But the schedule, it’s so tough. Even with a mediocre record, the Aggies play these games tough they could turn heads and minds. Our expectations are skyhigh. We have to show well record wise. So this can become very interesting.
    yeah, this is the best team since the one that went 11-2, only with a better coach-and they still could wind up with five losses. i don't know if tfloss has the information, but that LSU game for the horns will be a real show for the recruits that make it to that game . it could be something that makes up or even changes minds (if UT wins, added to that georgia win, it will be huge!). as to the ags, their game against bama is going to be played in front of several key recruits; it could be very important from a recruiting standpoint.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    rjv is good peeople.

Thread Information