Page 209 of 369 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259309 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,225 of 9212
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what they refer to when talking about "eyeing the 2025 draft". I doubt it's having another bottom 3 record. That can't be benefitial for anyone within the organization.

The least the Spurs should do in the offseason is draft one or two guys that can become rotation players right away and add two more veterans as role players. Something along the lines of:

-Drafting Risacher and Dillingham/Sheppard
    -Signing Grayson Allen and Royce O'neal.

SL: Dillingham/Sheppard - Vassell -Risacher -Sochan -Wemby
    Bench: Tre - Allen - Keldon -O'neal - Collins

Best case scenario: you fight for a play-in spot 'till the very end, miss out, get lucky in the lottery and get a high draft pick in 2025. Then you can think about doing "all-in moves" in Wemby's third year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Provides plenty of time for the Sniff Crew to revise their previous statements and start getting new posts drafted up for how we are tanking in 2024-25 and PAFTO is genius for it.

The FO probably saw the post ASB performance and convinced themselves this team can be compe ive next season if we just keep pounding the rock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shouldn’t Pels wait until after the lottery to see if lightning might strike?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what they refer to when talking about "eyeing the 2025 draft". I doubt it's having another bottom 3 record. That can't be benefitial for anyone within the organization.

The least the Spurs should do in the offseason is draft one or two guys that can become rotation players right away and add two more veterans as role players. Something along the lines of:

Best case scenario: you fight for a play-in spot 'till the very end, miss out, get lucky in the lottery and get a high draft pick in 2025. Then you can think about doing "all-in moves" in Wemby's third year.
    Imo it's just that they have a lot of picks and they wanto do something with that, trading them or having something with some lottery luck.

This draft could be huge for the spurs, i agree they're not planning on having the first pick or something like that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They haven’t done anything official yet

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They probably don't want the salary and project the LA pick next year to be top 10. Top 10 next year may be better than top 3 this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, sounds weird. I could understand if they said the Spurs have their eyes on the "2025 free agency", as in they don't see any major target right now and would like to keep their powder dry, which wouldn't necessarily mean standing pat. But saying they're focused on the "2025 DRAFT" does suggest another tank, which could honestly get ugly... if the Spurs go that route and they don't come out of the '25 draft with another franchise caliber guy, things may get ugly and they may have burned bridges with Wemby. Could be a slippery slope... I'd like to hear that clip by myself before asuming anything, something could be lost in translation (hopefully).

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Provides plenty of time for the Sniff Crew to revise their previous statements and start getting new posts drafted up for how we are tanking in 2024-25 and PAFTO is genius for it.

The FO probably saw the post ASB performance and convinced themselves this team can be compe ive next season if we just keep pounding the rock.
    This

The Spurs are not going to make any big changes to the current roster this year. They are going to give it another year "to see what we have". Rolling into next year with the same core with the addition of what they get in the draft this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

that's not how i read the tweet. i think it was more about the Spurs holding on to their draft capital for 2025. in other words, this was windhorst's way of saying that one shouldn't expect the spurs to make any blockbuster trades that would involve them giving up any of their potential 2025 picks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Water is wet

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's not how i read the tweet. i think it was more about the Spurs holding on to their draft capital for 2025. in other words, this was windhorst's way of saying that one shouldn't expect the spurs to make any blockbuster trades that would involve them giving up any of their potential 2025 picks.
    This is also plausible.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am so glad that the Spurs did not listen to those of you who were ing on how the Spurs should never tank and who wanted us to make trades and compete last year. If we had listened to what you all wanted we would not have Wemby in a Spurs uniform. So I am glad again that the organization is not AGAIN listening to you all and will be looking at building through the draft as we did previous Championships. So bring on the Tank for 2025 I am all in

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, sounds weird. I could understand if they said the Spurs have their eyes on the "2025 free agency", as in they don't see any major target right now and would like to keep their powder dry, which wouldn't necessarily mean standing pat. But saying they're focused on the "2025 DRAFT" does suggest another tank, which could honestly get ugly... if the Spurs go that route and they don't come out of the '25 draft with another franchise caliber guy, things may get ugly and they may have burned bridges with Wemby. Could be a slippery slope... I'd like to hear that clip by myself before asuming anything, something could be lost in translation (hopefully).
    I didn't hear it either, but he's been saying for months that it's probably their preference based on a combination of how they've always operated and it would have been the obvious plan had they not lucked into a GOAT caliber prospect.

The only '25 1st that has a reasonable chance of landing near the top is the Hawks, but even that would take a lot for it to happen. The Craptors, Bulls and Hornets ones literally can't and the natural one will probably be mid lottery with presumed progression from Wembanyama and modest upgrades anyway.

So "tanking" seems out. Is it just a preference to not trade any of them? If so, fine, but they could still probably get Murray (if they retain Young), Garland (if Mitc elects to re-sign), etc. without it.

They could easily have their cake and eat it, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am so glad that the Spurs did not listen to those of you who were ing on how the Spurs should never tank and who wanted us to make trades and compete last year. If we had listened to what you all wanted we would not have Wemby in a Spurs uniform. So I am glad again that the organization is not AGAIN listening to you all and will be looking at building through the draft as we did previous Championships. So bring on the Tank for 2025 I am all in
    are you glad that we are tanking for ron holland right now?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there is no way we are a bottom team next year with wemby supposedly getting better next year along
    with his young team supposed to get better to,Plus adding at top 5 pick to this team next year.
    If we bottom team again,Thats just means two years wasted with wemby and a roster with branham,sochan,wesley
    and vassel that didnt get better and we wasted picks and time trying to develop that has no future.
    Last edited by onechance87; 04-11-2024 at 03:12 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also, as a side note, it's interesting to see how an amorphous tweet from a narrative driven sports writer can yield so many inferences. in many ways, Windhorst's tweet says nothing. he's just betting on the Spurs not making any seismic moves, but in typical Windy fashion, he makes sure to say "star player" so as to create a window for himself. so that begs the question" "who does Windhorst think is a star player and how many of them are open to leaving their teams or are going to demand a trade?"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also, as a side note, it's interesting to see how an amorphous tweet from a narrative driven sports writer can yield so many inferences. in many ways, Windhorst's tweet says nothing. he's just betting on the Spurs not making any seismic moves, but in typical Windy fashion, he makes sure to say "star player" so as to create a window for himself. so that begs the question" "who does Windhorst think is a star player and how many of them are open to leaving their teams or are going to demand a trade?"
    yeah, it's a racket.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Wemby needs to be carried by the 2025 first pick” is going to be narrative. It already is the narrative right now. People are clowning on Wemby for the win/loss record of the team. I don’t think Wemby is as gutless as some of his fans on here who believe they need multiple years of tanking. Wemby actually has a backbone. And that’s a good thing.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Wemby needs to be carried by the 2025 first pick” is going to be narrative. It already is the narrative right now. People are clowning on Wemby for the win/loss record of the team. I don’t think Wemby is as gutless as some of his fans on here who believe they need multiple years of tanking. Wemby actually has a backbone. And that’s a good thing.
    thats what im thinking,Wemby has proved hes the real deal.Hes not gonna be happy with a plan of tanking and sucking
    for 2,3 years and wasting his career to get more rookies who gonna need time to develop like we are doing rn.We got to be
    very carefull with our plan.We cant move slow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if Spurs' plan is to do big trades this summer, their best interest is to hide it. If other teams feel Spurs need to do trades, their asking price will increase.

I will just wait to see what Spurs actually do this summer before eventually trashing them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there is no way we are a bottom team next year with wemby supposedly getting better next year along
    with his young team supposed to get better to,Plus adding at top 5 pick to this team next year.
    If we bottom team again,Thats just means two years wasted with wemby and a roster that has no future.
    People said same thing as soon as we drafted Wemby taking play in nonsense. I think people are forgetting that right after the season ends Wemby is going to start getting ready for the Olympics which I think will make the Spurs super cautious with his playing time the following season. The organization has pretty much said they are building through the draft and if you really want Wemby to have a chance of getting a Championship in SA you better start praying we get at least two high draft picks in 2025

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People said same thing as soon as we drafted Wemby taking play in nonsense. I think people are forgetting that right after the season ends Wemby is going to start getting ready for the Olympics which I think will make the Spurs super cautious with his playing time the following season. The organization has pretty much said they are building through the draft and if you really want Wemby to have a chance of getting a Championship in SA you better start praying we get at least two high draft picks in 2025
    Well if pop didnt do his sochan pg nonsense for like 20 games,Dont think we we would be bottom top 5.Tho i think this
    roster is still very bad,And half this roster needs to be gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can eye the 25 draft and still sign a star player and compete... we got Atlantas 25 pick! Perhaps this is just a sign that the Atlanta 25 pick is off limits.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody has said we need a 2025 high draft pick to carry Wemby - Come on Dejaunte I expect better from you and if your honest with yourself you would come to the conclusion no 1 player can win a Championship by himself. People who wanted us to tank are wanting us to hopefully get his Batman and get players who can and be able to start in a team that is legitimately competing for a ring. Almost everyone agrees that we need at lear 3 and maybe 4 new starters to achieve this and we all know we are not going to get that number through free agency

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody has said we need a 2025 high draft pick to carry Wemby - Come on Dejaunte I expect better from you and if your honest with yourself you would come to the conclusion no 1 player can win a Championship by himself. People who wanted us to tank are wanting us to hopefully get his Batman and get players who can and be able to start in a team that is legitimately competing for a ring. Almost everyone agrees that we need at lear 3 and maybe 4 new starters to achieve this and we all know we are not going to get that number through free agency
    oh we can turn into the pistons and be trash for 10 years straight.This is how it starts.

Thread Information