Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
    Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. It would be pretty selfish to ruin the greatest sports event of the year
    Spurs fans won't enjoy the super bowl with this hanging over them, and non Spurs fans wouldn't care if Duncan got his leg chopped off.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    scro I legitimately think the Spurs are Fool's Gold (with a healthy Duncan)--which is why I made that bet with jester. It's not posturing, I just can't possibly see a team that's so scrub-reliant making it to the Finals.
    Agreed. The Thunder could keep it close and have Durant close out the games. The Spurs could keep it close and had to try to rely on Danny Green to make clutch shots. That's why having a Glenn Robinson is nice.

Ridding the world of Alien Scum...Relentlessly. Man In Black's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Positivity rewarded!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread is officially funny in hindsight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    scro I legitimately think the Spurs are Fool's Gold (with a healthy Duncan)--which is why I made that bet with jester. It's not posturing, I just can't possibly see a team that's so scrub-reliant making it to the Finals.
    My god you are so right. Scrub play 99, 03, 05, and don't even get me started about the team who won in 07.

Bonner/Blair can't do dat capek's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Positivity rewarded!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bull , we won't know until tomorrow or day after. That is gotta be just preliminary prognosis.

Duncan has been blessed to the point of seeming indestructible. Could his luck have run out?

If Duncan comes back IMO he is truly a blessed superhuman kinda dude

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. Spurs are a shining example of team basketball, but the later rounds always almost comes down to who has the better superstar/star sidekick combo. Spurs don't have two guys who can consistently drop 25 points in the same game, like the Thunder or Heat.
    That's why improving the defense is so important. The Spurs can handle the superstars dropping 25 but they can't handle that and the role players playing well. I think usually the best strategy is to defend the superstars as hard as you can and lock down the role players. The Spurs in the past few years have given equal effort defending both role players and superstars and it hasn't worked. You can't let the role players play well and expect to win. When role players are hitting big shots or scoring 20+ in a playoff game you're probably going to lose. But you can win playoff games with Durant going for 40+ if the role players are limited.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never hated Tim Duncan. Robinson is a got (and a loser), but Duncan I always had respect for.
    that, hater. David carried this franchise on his back through most of the '90s, and he's a an utterly decent and self-sacrificing human being. How can you casually dismiss him like that? I know you're trolling, but you and your hater bull .

fair enough tbh.
    You, sir, should be ashamed, as should all of the rest of you who turned a blind eye while this Faker fan spewed profanity about one of our living legends.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why improving the defense is so important. The Spurs can handle the superstars dropping 25 but they can't handle that and the role players playing well. I think usually the best strategy is to defend the superstars as hard as you can and lock down the role players. The Spurs in the past few years have given equal effort defending both role players and superstars and it hasn't worked. You can't let the role players play well and expect to win. When role players are hitting big shots or scoring 20+ in a playoff game you're probably going to lose. But you can win playoff games with Durant going for 40+ if the role players are limited.
    Thankfully the defense is at its best since... the 2007 season.

Thread Information