My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DX has Inglis out.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn I wish Inglis had not pulled out of the draft.
    They worked out Glenn Robinson III though.
    He is as good as any and is still growing from what I've read.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DX has Inglis out.
    DX still shows Inglis at pick #40.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DX Breaking news: Damien Inglis changed his mind and decided to keep his name IN the draft finally, according to his agent @PedjaMateric

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DX Breaking news: Damien Inglis changed his mind and decided to keep his name IN the draft finally, according to his agent @PedjaMateric
    Too much!
    I wonder who gave him a promise, OKC?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So it's Inglis then, unless someone pulls a Batum and snags him just ahead of the Spurs.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too much!
    I wonder who gave him a promise, OKC?
    Could be. They need someone to play with Ibaka.
    Can this guy get minutes next season? OKC must be tired of Perkins.

Cant believe Porzingis (or whatever his name is) withdraw from the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inglis is a SF, or at best a stretch 4. He isn't a Perkins replacement by any means.

It's funny, because JG pulled him from the 2014 mock this afternoon and placed him in the 2015 mock. He's now back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd much rather have Micic than Inglis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn I wish Inglis had not pulled out of the draft.
    They worked out Glenn Robinson III though.
    He is as good as any and is still growing from what I've read.
    If we can get Glenn Robinson III with our draft pick it will be fantastic, but i see him as big time sleeper in this draft, i wish we can steal him...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd much rather have Micic than Inglis.
    Really I'd be fine with anything but Inglis... Don't get the "draft the best player availlable" theory... If the best player doesn't fit your needs at all then you should have traded up or down to get what you needed...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really I'd be fine with anything but Inglis... Don't get the "draft the best player availlable" theory... If the best player doesn't fit your needs at all then you should have traded up or down to get what you needed...
    Reason you go with best player available is because you have no idea what your needs will be in 3-4 yrs when Ingles well actually be ready for the NBA. Ingils also has the size and could get even bigger to play the 4. We are not drafting for the 2014-2015 season. I have no favorites with #30 but it looks like Ingles could be the guy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. That's why they are late second rounders. Just get some guy with talent and see what happens.
    With drafts #58 and #60 one wonders if there any sleepers that the Spurs deliberately planted in this year's draft.

Who are the complete unknown comodities in this draft?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reason you go with best player available is because you have no idea what your needs will be in 3-4 yrs when Ingles well actually be ready for the NBA. Ingils also has the size and could get even bigger to play the 4. We are not drafting for the 2014-2015 season. I have no favorites with #30 but it looks like Ingles could be the guy

I hear you but Kawhi and Livio are both very young, and you even have Bertans waiting to come over... The SF position will be crowded for the foreseeable future, there's no old guy about to retire...

It's another story if you think he can be a 4 but even then I'm not sold...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chad Ford's mock draft released today has the Spurs drafting Early. I like Early, but the fact that he is already 23 years old makes me hope that the Spots don't draft him. A guy Ford no longer has going in the 1st round is Jerami Grant. He has a whole lot of upside and would be a steal at 30.

get your shoehorn ready... Joe Schmoogins's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have not seen any more than a few Youtube clips of Damien Inglis. However, his highlights reminds me of Ron Artest without the crazy. Similarities: Height / Weight , strong frame, long arms, big active hands, highly disruptive on D, moves well laterally (with great anticipation on D), but not an explosive leaper. Offensively, can get to the basket using strength & length. Good rebounder and passer, but inconsistent shooter.

It seems to me that Inglis has a very artestian skill set and physical gifts. To reach Ron Ron’s level, he’ll need to develop a consistent mid-range game, be able to overpower defenders in the post, and live up to his defensive potential.

Granted, this opinion is completely based on what clips I’ve found online, so it could be way off!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chad Ford's mock draft released today has the Spurs drafting Early. I like Early, but the fact that he is already 23 years old makes me hope that the Spots don't draft him. A guy Ford no longer has going in the 1st round is Jerami Grant. He has a whole lot of upside and would be a steal at 30.
    Yeah seems like a low upside pick... Can probably contribute as soon as he gets here tho... But when you have a team this strong it seems to me that upside matters much more than anything else so I wouldn't be too excited about that kind of pick...

Please RC get Capela or Anderson

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm, Jerami Grant is someone I haven't looked at (since he's a SF and he was projected to go high). He seems to be a no-brainer pick at 30 if he's available. He's almost 6'8" with almost 7'3" wingspan... defensive SF with strong motor who's only negative is poor shooting mechanics. If we were to trade up, I want Capela... but at 30, I wouldn't mind Grant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best available is the mantra at the top of the draft. By the time #30 rolls around the "best available" is a mash of ten plus players. That said, I'm a stat guy and Inglis (Ingles is a very ready free agent) is not high on Pelton's list. I'm penciling in Nikola Jokic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jokic in some ways seems like the second coming of Splitter... If they indeed promised him their first, could Tiago get traded?...

From DX :

2014 Nike Hoop Summit: International Practice Day Three
    April 9, 2014
    Nikola Jokic was the beneficiary of many of Mudiay's best passes, but he also returned the favor on a number of occasions, finding Mudiay, among others, with some nifty passes of his own. Jokic, an exceptionally unique player, has an advanced feel for the game, recognizing the open man when the defense breaks down, and while he isn't very explosive and needs to get stronger, he has been easily the most productive player over the last two days thanks to his shooting ability and footwork in the post. Although he's gotten his shot blocked on a couple occasions, his footwork and instincts in the post have allowed him to find his angles to get his shot off or draw contact in close. He's such an unconventional and creative finisher that you never quite know what kind of trick he will try to pull off, which has left many rotating defenders baffled, while old-school NBA lifers just shake their heads and smile. Considering he was a relative unknown only a little over a year ago, Jokic has made a very strong impression to this point, and could gain plenty of traction among scouts if he can ride this momentum to a strong performance against the stacked US frontcourt on game day.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz34vXs5xAA
    http://www.draftexpress.com
    Sounds incredibly Spursy tbh... So yeah I agree with Drom John, if they made a promise to one of these two players, I'd put my money on Jokic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you think about it it's extremely likely that Inglis and Jokic got their promises from the Thunder and the Spurs who have to two last first round picks... But then you can't be sure who got it from who...

Feel pretty dumb for not coming to that conclusion sooner tbh...

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you think about it it's extremely likely that Inglis and Jokic got their promises from the Thunder and the Spurs who have to two last first round picks... But then you can't be sure who got it from who...

Feel pretty dumb for not coming to that conclusion sooner tbh...
    I'd be fine with picking either. They're both going to be in the incubator for awhile.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There'd plenty of playing time to be had for a player like Jokic with Baynes becoming a FA and Ayres falling out of the rotation...

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There'd plenty of playing time to be had for a player like Jokic with Baynes becoming a FA and Ayres falling out of the rotation...
    Baynes is restricted and I just don't see a 19 year old second round talent being brought in immediately Ayers will get another shot or be traded and some dude like Tolliver could be picked up. I'm not saying Jokic's making the rotation is an impossibility; just that it's highly unlikely The jump from the Adriatic league to the NBA is enormous.

Thread Information