Page 210 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 1101602002062072082092102112122132142202603107101210 ... LastLast
Results 5,226 to 5,250 of 40795
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Add crime e to that list if we keep on with this solution.
    solution? there is no solution. this is basic containment so we dont collapse to anarchy

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    solution? there is no solution. this is basic containment so we dont collapse to anarchy
    "Solution"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Add "crime e" to that list if we keep on with this solution.
    Burglars are having a tough time finding empty houses to rob...

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great, now there's a shortage because Trump touted it and people panic shopped prescriptions from their doctors.

Is that good policy, Darrin?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Failures in reasoning:
    ad hoc, ergo propter hoc
    +
    survivor bias

would this have made headlines if he had died? How many given the treatment died? how does this rate compare to untreated?

If anyone thinks this is going to magically help, they watch too many damn movies. RL science is tedious and methodical for a reason.

Trump lies about everything.
    His lies are always intended to be self-serving. "A vaccine is right around the corner" "here is a miracle drug" etc. Then the right wing media takes up whatever lie he says, and runs with it, amplifying the lie.

That is what happened to this lie.

Man dies after taking malaria medication in effort to prevent coronavirus
    https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...nt-coronavirus
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 03-23-2020 at 04:45 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lie on its face, Nathan.
    Sources? IF the Dems were pushing that right now, they should be taken to hard task, but I'm guessing there's some spin here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Add "crime e" to that list if we keep on with this solution.
    A UBI would tend to mitigate crime resulting from economic dislocation. It probably would do the same in normal times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anecdotal at this point in time but this tx does show some promise. FYI, currently ~300 tx's are under trial and including a few vaccines. I know that in times like these people are scared and searching for a glimmer of hope...the disease is real but remember that the majority of people that get infected don't get hospitalized and some may never know they got it or had it. MSM and politicians have done a huge disservice to the public at large by either down playing the situation or sensationalizing it.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Twitter is like the National Enquirer of social media...some fact but mostly bull .

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'This Is a Trap': Progressives Sound Alarm as GOP Attempts Sneak Attack on Social Security in Coronavirus Stimulus Plan

"Senate Republicans are using the coronavirus crisis as a cynical cover to attack our Social Security system."

The GOP's $1.8 trillion Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act would

allow businesses to delay payment of the employer payroll tax—

one of the primary funding mechanisms for Social Security—for the rest of 2020.

"The Republican plan would replace Social Security's dedicated revenue [from the payroll tax] with deficit-funded general revenue, but this is a trap," explained Altman.

"Once the pandemic is done, Republicans will undoubtedly use the general revenue

to demand cuts to Social Security in the name of 'reining in en lements,'

something they have already expressed their strong desire to do."

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/03/23/trap-progressives-sound-alarm-gop-attempts-sneak-attack-social-security-coronavirus?cd-origin=rss

Who thinks the Repugs in Jan 2021 will ask require companies to pay $Bs in deferred payroll taxes?

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump lied, misinformed, prevaricated, browbeat officials who contradicted him, censored the CDC and slow-rolled testing to keep case numbers down.

Trump COVID-19 PR has been one long, solid disinfo op until last week, so he has that in common with the Chinese.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What bothers you about grants to states to check if election reaults are accurate?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Twitter is like the National Enquirer of social media...some fact but mostly bull .
    Just a coincidence that China has enacted rules to close down all wet markets. Gotta love Xi and the boys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only reason to give public assistance to corporations is to preserve jobs. Giving Wall Street half a trillion dollars without guarantees that they will not lay off workers and pocket the money as a financial gain would be irresponsible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great, now there's a shortage because Trump touted it and people panic shopped prescriptions from their doctors.

Is that good policy, Darrin?
    Det silver bullet, tho

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Senate Republicans Cancel Their Weekly Lunch After Rand Paul Exposed Them To Coronavirus

https://www.politicususa.com/2020/03...iticus+USA+%29

what are they afraid of?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The only reason to give public assistance to coeporations is to preserve jobs. Giving Wall Street half a trillion dollars without guarantees that they will not lay off workers and pocket the money as a financial gain would be irresponsible.
    I agree, but, that is what is going to happen.

R&D alike are mortified to cut these checks to Americans. It goes against every tenet (they've) ever practiced. (They) do not want us to (relax)...no, absolutely not. They want (industry/corporation) to relax as this catastrophe is processed. (We're) used to not relaxing during a lifetime of up & down. (industry/corporation) is not. "They're too big to fail."

(Us) failing is attractive fodder for Media---always has been.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fast, Portable Tests Come Online to Curb Coronavirus Pandemic

Testing kits delivered by courier and digital tools combine to battle the COVID-19 outbreakThe extraordinary success of Singapore, Taiwan and Hong Kong

in limiting the impact of the sudden acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2) demonstrates that

it is possible to mount an effective response to an outbreak by major
    investment in pandemic preparedness.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/fast-portable-tests-come-online-to-curb-coronavirus-pandemic/

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Senate Republicans Cancel Their Weekly Lunch After Rand Paul Exposed Them To Coronavirus

https://www.politicususa.com/2020/03...iticus+USA+%29

what are they afraid of?

& that ain't that luncheon that regular Americans get. That's that good luncheon. (They) won't eat it (perhaps a nibble for show), sure, but, it's prepared, served, then thrown out en masse by Split's colored brethren.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Fast, Portable Tests Come Online to Curb Coronavirus Pandemic

Testing kits delivered by courier and digital tools combine to battle the COVID-19 outbreakThe extraordinary success of Singapore, Taiwan and Hong Kong

in limiting the impact of the sudden acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2) demonstrates that

it is possible to mount an effective response to an outbreak by major
    investment in pandemic preparedness.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/fast-portable-tests-come-online-to-curb-coronavirus-pandemic/
    ...order & mandate the Big 3 auto makers to produce caps & gowns & you'll know, bouts.

Thread Information