Page 22 of 208 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    tbh, this is an outstanding post bro, imho

I say we trade our 2011, 2012, and 2013 picks for Wilfork, then all our 2014, 2015, and 2016 picks for Rodgers.

, let's just trade all our picks for the next 30 years and build a dynasty!!!!

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    unfortunately, this place will light up like a christmas tree once the gals win a few games next season, albeit one that's decorated with turds and wagons

lol cowboys

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    unfortunately, this place will light up like a christmas tree once the gals win a few games next season, albeit one that's decorated with turds and wagons

lol cowboys
    lol niners

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It's football time...

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Well, no secondary help, still. Consulting Lacewill and Switzer about your draft picks isn't something you should be announcing to the ing world, JJ.

I guess JJ told me. Looks like a conehead:

Last edited by leemajors; 04-30-2011 at 01:26 PM.

Post Count
    My draft grade: B-

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Report: Cowboys owner Jerry Jones will target safeties in free agency

By Rainer Sabin / Reporter
    [email protected]

The Cowboys needed a safety. That was the consensus opinion before the NFL Draft last month. Yet during that last weekend of April they passed over every prospect that specialized at that position.

While the 2011 college safety class was considered thin by talent evaluators, the Cowboys' decision to avoid addressing one of their weak areas seemed curious. After all, Alan Ball was destined to return to cornerback following his underwhelming performance at free safety last season while strong safety Gerald Sensabaugh's status with the team remains uncertain because he is an unrestricted free agent.

If neither Ball nor Sensabaugh are there to serve as the last line of defense, who would be pressed into action? It's hard to imagine that the Cowboys would rely upon Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, Barry Church or Danny McCray -- three reserves who were on the field for a total of 265 plays last season and have yet to practice under the watchful eyes of new defensive coordinator Rob Ryan.

So, it seems obvious that the Cowboys will address their needs through free agency. And that su ion is corroborated by this item on Pro Football Weekly's website:

We have heard for months that defensive coordinator Rob Ryan has targeted some veterans to go after, players who will fit his scheme, and it only makes sense to think that former Raiders S Michael Huff could be one of them. Ryan coached Huff when the two were in Oakland together a few years back. Sources say Ryan has Jerry Jones' ear and that the owner will target a veteran of his choosing at the position.

If that is indeed the case, will Ryan seek alternatives at the cornerback position as well? Stay tuned.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...jerry-jon.html

Please GOD yes....

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Barber, Columbo, Williams, Columbo all gone? Hallelujah...'cept maybe Columbo...not sure about getting rid of Kris Brown though...I'm not comfortable with Buehler not being contested.

NT? more like SO i said
    Post Count
    if it means having a higher chance at getting a big name free agent, i'd cut the 2nd string kicker any day of the week

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    if it means having a higher chance at getting a big name free agent, i'd cut the 2nd string kicker any day of the week
    Yeah..but I was thinking he may become the first string kicker...Buehler's a good kickoff guy, but we need a better field goal kicker.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/stat...68353730428928

Cowboys agreed to terms with OT Doug Free on a four-year, $32 million contract.

The deal includes $17 million in guarantees.

also appears newman is safe for another season, nice to have free locked up though!!!

Post Count
    http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/stat...68353730428928

Cowboys agreed to terms with OT Doug Free on a four-year, $32 million contract.

The deal includes $17 million in guarantees.

also appears newman is safe for another season, nice to have free locked up though!!!
    Great deal. Now we need a safety (Michael Huff maybe).

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    and the redskins get bowen 5 years 27mil fck

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    Hey did you know the Cowboys suck?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Had a feeling we might lose him.

Subterranean.
    Post Count
    Sam Hurd has signed with the Bears. ESPN reporting. I guess a backup guy doesnt matter. Just seems like more leaving right now than coming in.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Sam Hurd has signed with the Bears. ESPN reporting. I guess a backup guy doesnt matter. Just seems like more leaving right now than coming in.

well boys did resign marcus sprears but seem willing to lose hatcher and bowen

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cowboys coach Jason Garrett, LB DeMarcus Ware excited about addition of DE Kenyon Coleman

By Brandon George / Reporter
    [email protected]
    1:22 PM on Sat., Jul. 30, 2011

SAN ANTONIO -- Cowboys linebacker DeMarcus Ware said he's excited about the team signing free agent defensive end Kenyon Coleman and called him an important addition because of his knowledge of new defensive coordinator Rob Ryan's system.

Late Friday night, the Cowboys agreed to terms with Coleman on a two-year contract worth $3.5 million. Coleman started 27 games for Ryan in Cleveland from 2008 to 2009. Coleman last played for the Cowboys in the 2006 season.

"You can lean on him, talk to [him]. He's played [Ryan's defense] already. He's done it. Half of the guys who have been here haven't done anything with it," Ware said. "Him coming in and teaching some of the guys - especially me what to do - is good."

Ware said Coleman will help the Cowboys "a lot."

"When he comes in, he's a monster. He hunkers down," Ware said. "He's one of those unselfish players who gets down there in the two-gap and at the end of the day you might stick him out there at linebacker and let him rush out there and make him feel good. To be able to have him back, I had him here my first year, he's a great leader on the team."

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett also said Coleman is a welcomed addition.

"Kenyon Coleman is a guy who has been a really good football player in this scheme," Garrett said. "He has a good understanding of the technique, he pushes the pocket well as a pass-rush guy and is an experienced, veteran guy who can help the other guys understand what we're trying to do up front, so a really good addition to us."

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...arrett-lb.html

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    LB DeMarcus Ware also willing to restructure his contract to create salary cap space to sign free agents; What's next?

[email protected]
    11:14 AM on Sat., Jul. 30, 2011
    SAN ANTONIO -- Cowboys linebacker DeMarcus Ware said Friday that he would be willing to restructure his contract to create salary cap space for the team to sign free agents.

Quarterback Tony Romo said earlier in the week he'd do the same. The Cowboys also could restructure the contract of WR Miles Austin.

Ware said he had no problem re-working his contract.

"Oh yeah," he said. "That's fine with me."

Ware's cap number is $11.3 million and if the Cowboys cut it by the maximum amount they could reduce the figure to $5.9 million.

If the Cowboys restructure all three players' contracts, they could help with cap space by an additional $17.5 million.

The team's executive vice president Stephen Jones said earlier in the week that restructuring the contracts is a "work in progress." The Cowboys won't do it now because if they did, the three players wouldn't be allowed to practice again until Aug. 4, the first official day of the new league year, per the new CBA.

As of now, though, the Cowboys have struck out on making any kind of major impact via free agency. Re-signing your previous players and adding Kenyon Coleman doesn't exactly scream for headlines.

But it's not like owner Jerry Jones to sit back and not send a message to the fanbase that the Cowboys are contenders. He'll especially want to do something now that the Philadelphia Eagles swooped in Friday to sign top free agent CB Nnamdi Asomugha, keeping the Cowboys from signing him.

Free agent safety Abram Elam is still a target.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...o-willing.html

Post Count
    How ya feelin about our 'boys chances this year, '120?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    How ya feelin about our 'boys chances this year, '120?
    Not so damn good right now...diminished receiving corps...need some SERIOUS secondary help. Especially with Rob Ryan's system. You HAVE to have a good secondary to cover with all the blitzing. At least there's a lot of movement..defense looks a lot faster under him. He has one formation where there's 2 DE's and 5 LB's....crazy. But if our secondary isn't covering when they blitz, teams are going to catch us and go underneath. Little worried about that..Elam, Huff, maybe even Asante would make me feel better...but I don't know.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan talks to free agent safety Abram Elam; safety Michael Huff re-signs with Oakland

[email protected]
    7:42 AM on Sun., Jul. 31, 2011
    SAN ANTONIO -- New Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan spoke on the phone with free agent safety Abram Elam last night, according to a tweet from Elam (@abeelam).

Elam played for Ryan at Cleveland, and it appears the Cowboys are leaning on Ryan to recruit the free agent to come to Dallas. The Cowboys need safety help, but Elam might be holding out for big money (considering what others safeties have signed for already in this year's market, and that his agent is Drew Rosenhaus) and the Cowboys' desire is to sign two safeties. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Saturday the Cowboys could sign two safeties. If they sign Elam at an overpriced rate, it wouldn't allow them to sign one or two others players possibly because of the team's tight salary cap situation.

Signing Elam becomes a priority for the Cowboys even more now that Michael Huff, the top free agent safety left on the market, re-signed with his former team, the Oakland Raiders , this morning. Huff, the Irving Nimitz and Texas product, appeared to never get much interest from the hometown Cowboys.

Elam would be a good addition. He'd start at safety and be able to teach teammates about the new defense, helping them learn it quicker with such a short time to work with because of what the lockout cost the Cowboys. Also, Ryan's defense needs quality safeties because of the pressure he likes to send. You have to have help in the back or you risk getting beat deep when the pressure doesn't get to the quarterback.

Elam tweeted, "Just hung up with Rob Ryan he spoke about how good @terencenewman1 and the defense is and can be.. I told him well #CTMFC#"

The last part of the tweet, CTMFC, stands for cut the check (with some colorful language thrown in between). Will the Cowboys cut the check? Depends on Elam's asking price probably. But you know Jones wants to make a splash this free agency after losing out to the rival Philadelphia Eagles earlier this week on top free agent cornerbacker Nnamdi Asomugha.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...dinator-4.html

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3726/jason-hatcher

nice to hear hatch is back in the fold!!!!Boys got 2/3 of their fa linemen bowen/spears/hatcher

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3726/jason-hatcher

nice to hear hatch is back in the fold!!!!Boys got 2/3 of their fa linemen bowen/spears/hatcher
    yeah..I was happy to hear that too...Any news on Elam? What's going on with that?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    yeah..I was happy to hear that too...Any news on Elam? What's going on with that?

yeah sensabaugh is back for another year, elam is close but $$$$ isnt right yet i guess

Thread Information