Link or social media post?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Link or social media post?
    https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/stat...88348944310275

Interesting, I expected a two-way.

Twitter, or should I say X embed isn't working, idk if it's on their side or spurstalk since both are bad atm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Interesting, I expected a two-way.
    It can’t be a two way, because there is a buyout required for his team in Spain, and two ways can’t use the buyout feature.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It can’t be a two way, because there is a buyout required for his team in Spain, and two ways can’t use the buyout feature.
    Good point, I forgot about the buyout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finished that business. Will trades be forthcoming or just cuts? Those would be some expensive cuts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three year implies room exception.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three players need to go

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finished that business. Will trades be forthcoming or just cuts? Those would be some expensive cuts.
    My guess is, sometime before training camp in September, either the Lillard or Harden trade will get done, and ending contracts will be needed. I wouldn't look for it for at least 5 weeks, though.

If we have to cut them, we'll cut them. It's not really expensive, since it's cap room we needed to fill anyway to get above the floor.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three year implies room exception.
    or second round exception.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three players need to go
    I just keep coming back to a trade/trades involving Conley, Simmons, & Fournier. Any other players you think the Spurs would/should go after?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    barring no trades, id assume birch/payne/osman getting waived

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just keep coming back to a trade/trades involving Conley, Simmons, & Fournier. Any other players you think the Spurs would/should go after?
    Lowry.

Fournier is a no go. NY isn't going to pay us anything to take him, since he's an ending contract, and he has no further trade value. You can't play him ahead of the young wings, because they need dev time, so you won't get anything for him at the deadline. He's just a dead roster spot, keeping us from converting Barlow. Rather than trade for him, just cut the 3 players.

BKN thinks they can get positive value for Simmons, and aren't dumping him.

Conley would be OK, but I'm not sure Minnesota needs players like Miami does, and they too might be looking for positive value. If those objections become immaterial, then I'm OK with him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lowry.

Fournier is a no go. NY isn't going to pay us anything to take him, since he's an ending contract, and he has no further trade value. You can't play him ahead of the young wings, because they need dev time, so you won't get anything for him at the deadline. He's just a dead roster spot, keeping us from converting Barlow. Rather than trade for him, just cut the 3 players.

BKN thinks they can get positive value for Simmons, and aren't dumping him.

Conley would be OK, but I'm not sure Minnesota needs players like Miami does, and they too might be looking for positive value. If those objections become immaterial, then I'm OK with him
    i dont think brooklyn thinks that. i think they realize its going to cost them significant capital to get off his contract, and theyre not in a position as a team to be giving up the draft picks they do have from pheonix. theyre better off eating the contract than paying for it to go away

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    barring no trades, id assume birch/payne/osman getting waived
    I'd keep Payne and waive Bullock. Too many young wings that need PT, and Payne actually plays a position of need, and may fetch something at the deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three players need to go
    The first one is Birch, clearly. The question is, who are the other 2? I think a lot has to do with opportunity, maybe some team has a preference and a consolidation trade happens.
    I'm not a fan of the idea of cutting Bullock or Payne outright, they've already shown they can be contributors to a contender and, if we showcase them a bit, they could be flipped by the trade deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    birch and osman. not sure about that third player. i think wesley deserves another year, but not at the expense of someone with greater potential or possible trade value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd keep Payne and waive Bullock. Too many young wings that need PT, and Payne actually plays a position of need, and may fetch something at the deadline.
    we already have graham in that backup role, and branham played a lot of point as a rookie too (not that it went particularly well). they might try some funky stuff with sochan to try to see what works with wemby.

but feels like theres always room for a 3 and D wing. even if bullock isnt coming off his best season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    or second round exception.
    We don't know if the Spurs even got that for Cissoko. That exception could go up to four years though. According to Bruno, the room exception is only up to three.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be shocked if we get rid of enough players in a trade that actually brings back someone who can contribute on the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I assume that barring any trades to include contracts, you are looking at the following being waived to make roster limits

1. Birch
    2. Bullock/Osman
    3. Graham/Payne

Pretty clear cut and simple IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I assume that barring any trades to include contracts, you are looking at the following being waived to make roster limits

1. Birch
    2. Bullock/Osman
    3. Graham/Payne

Pretty clear cut and simple IMO.
    yeah. guess when deciding between 2 and 3, you ask yourself which one is more likely to have midseason trade value, and/or which one so we actually want on the team. i thought it seemed the team really took a liking to graham.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be shocked if we get rid of enough players in a trade that actually brings back someone who can contribute on the court.
    The only one I can really see as a possibility is Lowry. He fills a position of need, and will probably net something at the deadline, and Miami needs players on their roster.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont think brooklyn thinks that. i think they realize its going to cost them significant capital to get off his contract, and theyre not in a position as a team to be giving up the draft picks they do have from pheonix. theyre better off eating the contract than paying for it to go away
    So I keep coming back to Simmons for a few reasons:

1. Spurs would be trading away expiring contracts which should be enticing to BKN. They would be able to chase a major player next year.
    2. BKN lost Harris, Curry, Mills, & Watanabe so our role players could help that issue. They need to be good this year and not bank on Simmons since their pick is owed to Houston.
    3. They have more picks available then just the PHX picks. They also have Philly’s from the Ben Simmons trade and a Dallas pick which would be amazing.
    4. Spurs have so many players to give playing time to so honestly if Simmons doesn’t bounce back (as long as the picks make sense) it’s not the worst thing to happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I keep coming back to Simmons for a few reasons:

1. Spurs would be trading away expiring contracts which should be enticing to BKN. They would be able to chase a major player next year.
    2. BKN lost Harris, Curry, Mills, & Watanabe so our role players could help that issue. They need to be good this year and not bank on Simmons since their pick is owed to Houston.
    3. They have more picks available then just the PHX picks. They also have Philly’s from the Ben Simmons trade and a Dallas pick which would be amazing.
    4. Spurs have so many players to give playing time to so honestly if Simmons doesn’t bounce back (as long as the picks make sense) it’s not the worst thing to happen.
    Spurs are showing an aversion to trading for contracts beyond this season.

Thread Information