Page 226 of 1633 FirstFirst ... 1261762162222232242252262272282292302362763267261226 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,650 of 40801
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you can see my post history mocking the concept of microaggressions. i dont care for them. i just think it was strange to bring up iden y politics as it relates to this crisis
    Point was that we should cut any frivolous government funding, and I think most defense spending is frivolous. A base in Germany doesn't help Americans here, for instance. Some might argue that having 800 bases around the world will hasten our response against a threat, but I'm not necessarily concerned with goat herders and their 1970s Soviet hand me downs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you specifically said "this event" should serve as a lesson for it
    It should serve as a lesson to spend our tax dollars wisely. F35s and funding microaggressions aren't a wise use of our money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It should serve as a lesson to spend our tax dollars wisely. F35s and funding microaggressions aren't a wise use of our money.
    i think the scale of microaggression studies as it relates to the budget isnt really worth bringing up unless you felt like a need to rant at "both sides" to maintain an appearance of impartiality

its like when republicans defend tax cuts by saying we should defund tiny things like NPR or the national endowment for the arts
    Last edited by spurraider21; 03-24-2020 at 06:25 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nvm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nvm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think the scale of microaggression studies as it relates to the budget isnt really worth bringing up unless you felt like a need to rant at "both sides" to maintain an appearance of impartiality

its like when republicans defend tax cuts by saying we should defund tiny things like NPR
    I also brought up spending on green solutions. Yes, curbing emissions is important, but what's more likely to harm us in the next 10 years? Climate change or another pandemic? Don't think this is the last one. Now I'm not saying cut all green spending, but it shouldn't take overall priority as an existential threat. I don't want to even think about MERS2 pandemic. Or a Bird Flu pandemic. The world's top virologists have been warning governments for years (Larry Brilliant, etc).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Orangegutan is still comparing seasonal flu to Coronavirus

ing chimp

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't understand how Japan isn't getting raped by this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “The toxic ingredient they consumed was not the medication form of chloroquine, used to treat malaria in humans. Instead, it was an ingredient listed on a parasite treatment for fish.”
    So much misinformation by the press. Chloroquine phosphate used to treat protozoan infections in fish is the same chloroquine phosphate used to treat humans. There is no tropical fish pharmaceutical company making special chloroquine phosphate for fish, no money in it.

Human dose is one 500mg tablet which contains 300mg of chloroquine base, the other 200 milligrams are compounds used to hold the tablet together.

This lady said she and her husband took a teaspoon of pure chloroquine phosphate powder each. That's about 4.9 grams.

2 grams of chloroquine phosphate taken at once may be fatal. Over 5 grams taken at one time is always fatal without treatment.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...678465/?page=1

This is my post from page 24 almost a month ago...

Dude on ebay has been selling chloroquine powder for fish treatment. He's keeps selling out
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chloroquine...df_TOfO9flUMag

Broke preppers are gonna themselves up eating that powder.
    Last edited by SnakeBoy; 03-24-2020 at 06:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New York: First Case: March 1.

Tennessee:
    First Case: March 5
    As of March 24: 11,184 tests run total
    Four days Behind New York: March 5 (Tennessee) vs. March 1 (New York)
    Compare March 24 (Tennessee) vs. March 19 (New York).
    New York cases per million as of March 19: 212/million
    Tennessee cases per million as of March 24: 98/million
    New York has 2.16x more

Florida:
    First Case: March 1
    As of March 24: 15,547 tests run total
    Same timeline as New York
    New York cases per million as of March 24: 1,313/million
    Florida cases per million as of March 24: 66/million citizens
    New York has 19.0x more

Georgia:
    First case: March 3
    As of March 24: 5,484 tests run total
    Two days Behind New York: March 3 (Georgia) vs. March 1 (New York)
    Compare March 24 (Georgia) vs. March 22 (New York).
    New York cases per million as of March 22: 776/million
    Georgia cases per million as of March 24: 98/million
    New York has 7.9x more

South Carolina:
    First case: March 6
    As of March 24: 2,310 tests run total
    Five days Behind New York: March 6 (South Carolina) vs. March 1 (New York)
    Compare March 24 (South Carolina) vs. March 19 (New York).
    South Carolina cases per million as of March 24: 59/million
    New York has 3.6x more

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I picked those states with the first case as close New York's as possible. Silver's comparison is not accurate nor fair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden can dish it, he just can't take it.
    Oh like Trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much misinformation by the press.
    Link where you're seeing the misinformation by the press?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Exactly. Trump takes it & dishes it.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Exactly. Trump takes it & dishes it.
    thinking Trump takes it. You break all your rules to justify supporting this ass clown, Cubby. It’s sad.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on my quick trip to the grocery store:

-Hand shake greeting
    -Multiple people wiping their face
    -There was a line to get in the store and people didn't maintain proper spacing
    -While I'm getting my bell pepper some dumbass lady comes right up next to me
    -A little petri dish out-of-control child running around
    -Self-checkout employee gets too close to every customer that passes
    -In general people don't seem to try to give space. Like if you go down a aisle they'll make zero effort to hug the other side. They are just fine going down the middle.

So countries that have citizens that aren't absolute morons are going to see better results than America. Japan probably falls in that category.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Orangegutan is still comparing seasonal flu to Coronavirus

ing chimp

The dmb ass said the flu will kill 50k, and its only at 23k, and the flu season is basically almost over

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Link where you're seeing the misinformation by the press?
    Pick any media account of the story. All I have read are all calling it a fish tank cleaner and claiming it's a different chemical. It is not. It's used to treat protozoan infections in aquarium fish. Malaria is a protozoan. It's the same .

They overdosed themselves.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    thinking Trump takes it. You break all your rules to justify supporting this ass clown, Cubby. It’s sad.
    He does take it. Then he takes vengeance, aka dishes it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on my quick trip to the grocery store:

-Hand shake greeting
    -Multiple people wiping their face
    -There was a line to get in the store and people didn't maintain proper spacing
    -While I'm getting my bell pepper some dumbass lady comes right up next to me
    -A little petri dish out-of-control child running around
    -Self-checkout employee gets too close to every customer that passes
    -In general people don't seem to try to give space. Like if you go down a aisle they'll make zero effort to hug the other side. They are just fine going down the middle.

So countries that have citizens that aren't absolute morons are going to see better results than America. Japan probably falls in that category.

Up until just a few days ago people were still piling into dunkin doughnuts in sa, and lining up to stuff their fat faces with doughnuts and ice cream. Yeah social distancing is working

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New York: First Case: March 1.

Tennessee:
    First Case: March 5
    As of March 24: 11,184 tests run total
    Four days Behind New York: March 5 (Tennessee) vs. March 1 (New York)
    Compare March 24 (Tennessee) vs. March 19 (New York).
    Tennessee cases per million as of March 24: 98/million
    New York has 2.16x more

Florida:
    First Case: March 1
    As of March 24: 15,547 tests run total
    Same timeline as New York
    New York cases per million as of March 24: 1,313/million
    Florida cases per million as of March 24: 66/million citizens
    New York has 19.0x more

Georgia:
    First case: March 3
    As of March 24: 5,484 tests run total
    Two days Behind New York: March 3 (Georgia) vs. March 1 (New York)
    Compare March 24 (Georgia) vs. March 22 (New York).
    New York cases per million as of March 22: 776/million
    Georgia cases per million as of March 24: 98/million
    New York has 7.9x more

South Carolina:
    First case: March 6
    As of March 24: 2,310 tests run total
    Five days Behind New York: March 6 (South Carolina) vs. March 1 (New York)
    Compare March 24 (South Carolina) vs. March 19 (New York).
    South Carolina cases per million as of March 24: 59/million
    New York has 3.6x more
    Yeah, it's more poor extrapolation on the part of the doomsday dayers. Manny's response to this has been that we don't know what each state's patient zero did when they first got infected. It New York's patient zero went to a crowded night club after he got off the plane vs. Florida's patient zero who went home, New York's progression would take off much quicker, despite it being the same date.

But I think it has to do with relative population densities, weather, and the mass transit factor than anything else, i.e. New York's patient zero took the subway home, infects 10 more who take the subway the next day, and these 10 infect 10 different cashiers, bartenders, waiters etc. Florida's patient zero drives home. That difference between just taking the subway home vs. driving home after getting off the plane from Wuhan is big.

Florida was still doing their spring break thing, though. That was a week ago. Haven't seen any explosion yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US death rate rising now at 1.4%

looking like young Italy tbqh

not good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After learning that the state's stockpile of medical equipment had 16,000 fewer ventilators than New Yorkers would need in a severe pandemic, Gov. Andrew Cuomo came to a fork in the road in 2015. He could have chosen to buy more ventilators. Instead, he asked his health commissioner, Howard Zucker to assemble a task force and draft rules for rationing the ventilators they already had.

That task force came up with rules that will be imposed when ventilators run short. Patients assigned a red code will have the highest access, and other patients will be assigned green, yellow or blue (the worst) depending on a "triage officer's" decision. In truth, a death officer. Let's not sugarcoat it. It won't be up to your own doctor.

Cuomo could have purchased the additional 16,000 needed ventilators for $36,000 apiece or a total of $576 million in 2015. It's a lot of money but less than the $750 million he threw away on a boondoggle "Buffalo Billion" solar panel factory. When it comes to state budget priorities, spending half a percent of the budget on ventilators is a no brainer.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...an_142685.html

boom
    why not link to the actual original, unedited article:

https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/we-did...-for-pandemic/

which also concedes that...

To be fair, governments everywhere stockpiled too little. Washington didn’t do much better: The federal Strategic National Stockpile is undersupplied to meet the coronavirus emergency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it's more poor extrapolation on the part of the doomsday dayers. Manny's response to this has been that we don't know what each state's patient zero did when they first got infected. It New York's patient zero went to a crowded night club after he got off the plane vs. Florida's patient zero who went home, New York's progression would take off much quicker, despite it being the same date.

But I think it has to do with relative population densities, weather, and the mass transit factor than anything else, i.e. New York's patient zero took the subway home, infects 10 more who take the subway the next day, and these 10 infect 10 different cashiers, bartenders, waiters etc. Florida's patient zero drives home. That difference between just taking the subway home vs. driving home after getting off the plane from Wuhan is big.

Florida was still doing their spring break thing, though. That was a week ago. Haven't seen any explosion yet.
    Texas:
    First Case: March 4
    As of March 24: 11,167 tests run total
    Three days behind New York: March 4 (Texas) vs. March (1) New York)
    Compare March 24 (Texas) vs. March 21 (New York)
    New York cases per million as of March 21:
    Texas cases per million as of March 24: 15/million
    New York cases per million as of March 21: 529/million
    New York has 35.3x more cases than Texas

Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo said it is believed that the Montgomery County coronavirus patient, identified only as a man in his 40s who lives in Montgomery County, attended the barbecue cookoff at the Rodeo on Friday, Feb. 28. She said epidemiologists are working to retrace the patient’s steps and determine whether the patient had symptoms when attending the event.

According to the rodeo attendance numbers, there were 73,433 people who attended the “World Championship Barb-B-Que Contest,” on Friday, Feb. 28. The total attendance numbers for that day were 77,632.

Officials said people who came into close contact with the Montgomery County patient and live in Montgomery County have been placed in a 14-day quarantine. People who live outside Montgomery County who came into contact with the patient are being forwarded to their local health departments for guidance, officials said.
    https://www.click2houston.com/rodeo/...r-coronavirus/

A confirmed positive case attended the Houston Rodeo Cook Off. He was in close proximity to approximately 73,433. This is what the rodeo looks like:

This happened almost two weeks ago - March 11. We know that symptoms develop between 2 and 9 days, with an average of 5.2. That would be March 16 -- exactly a week ago.

There has not been the explosion in cases you'd expect to see in a situation where a confirmed positive case was in close proximity to over 70,000 people. Draw conclusions for yourselves ...

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why not link to the actual original, unedited article:

https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/we-did...-for-pandemic/

which also concedes that...

To be fair, governments everywhere stockpiled too little. Washington didn’t do much better: The federal Strategic National Stockpile is undersupplied to meet the coronavirus emergency.
    boom

And states have to balance their budgets every year for the most part.

Thread Information