Page 226 of 238 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,650 of 5945
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Equalizer 3 was legit!! Beautiful cinematography, decent storyline, a action. What’s not to like? I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. 8.5/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Equalizer 3 was legit!! Beautiful cinematography, decent storyline, a action. What’s not to like? I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. 8.5/10
    Yeah, I liked it a lot too, will give 8.5 too. My only complaint is so little action from Denzel. Mostly him talking and smiling.

Lol I've seen so many of these "quiet guy who mostly wants to be left alone but gets pressed to use secret former life skills to kick ass" movies lately, including rewatching Jack Reacher ....

Which when I opened this place got me wondering who would win in a match between equalizer, Reacher, John Wick, Liam Neeson Taken, or Ethan Hunt.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Yeah, I liked it a lot too, will give 8.5 too. My only complaint is so little action from Denzel. Mostly him talking and smiling.

Lol I've seen so many of these "quiet guy who mostly wants to be left alone but gets pressed to use secret former life skills to kick ass" movies lately, including rewatching Jack Reacher ....

Which when I opened this place got me wondering who would win in a match between equalizer, Reacher, John Wick, Liam Neeson Taken, or Ethan Hunt.

...don't forget McVeigh, Blake. He equalized 2 years to-the-day.

Now,
    Let us proceed...

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

To be fair, Denzel is 68.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I opened this place got me wondering who would win in a match between equalizer, Reacher, John Wick, Liam Neeson Taken, or Ethan Hunt.
    I'm going with John Wick...........

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    To be fair, Denzel is 68.
    He was jogging upstairs in the movie just fine

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    He was jogging upstairs in the movie just fine

Yeah, he started the first three steps THEN they showed him at the top finishing the last three steps.

You know he caught a helicopter ride up there.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Yeah, he started the first three steps THEN they showed him at the top finishing the last three steps.

You know he caught a helicopter ride up there.
    I'm not even asking for John Wick combat scenes, even though the ticket price was the same..... even if it's subtle, just more killing maybe? I dunno. Still a great movie to watch on the big screen. Great setting.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    The -Hi-Lo Country- with Woody Harrelson, Billy Crudup, Patricia Arquette & Sam Elliott, in a blistering assignment. Harrelson lights this absolutely ablaze in a key sequence over a card table when local scores are outed & settled, on-the-spot, though embers remain firmly banked.

Fantastic musical score throughout. This was a major production.

Scorsese produced it with the De Fina girl in '98. Have viewed this numerous times and it will not disappoint. Takes place in the Southwest immediately after WWII.

The Cruz girl is also present and accounted for, as is legendary actor Katy Jurado as a Witch who delivers a 1 word (No) during a fortune telling sequence she performs as we fix to see it thru to the end.

At prime Cole Hauser (Little Boy) is there as well and comes to the fore at the last but with a force that everyone sees coming cept Harrelson (Big Boy).

Do not miss this, fellows.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Always a treat. They were done well and complete, not on a shoe string as is apt to be so with some spoofs. And setting the Presley girl in there was a risk, but damn if it doesn't wear well as the decades cruise by.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bowling for Columbine (2002) -- 10/10

One of the five best do entary I've ever seen. Moore interviews a lot of gun advocates and asks why we have so many murders and whether we need more gun control. The then NRA President, Charlton Heston, says it's because we have a history of violence. But then he can't explain why Germany doesn't have the same gun issues we do dispute that country's history. It's a do entary as relevant today as ever.

It's on Pluto TV to watch for free if you haven't seen it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Bowling for Columbine (2002) -- 10/10

One of the five best do entary I've ever seen. Moore interviews a lot of gun advocates and asks why we have so many murders and whether we need more gun control. The then NRA President, Charlton Heston, says it's because we have a history of violence. But then he can't explain why Germany doesn't have the same gun issues we do dispute that country's history. It's a do entary as relevant today as ever.

It's on Pluto TV to watch for free if you haven't seen it.
    That's easy, 7: after 2 we took all their guns, weapons, pee shooters, what not so they couldn't rise up again with Nazi's, who either faced a firing squad, on-the-spot, or, fled into Ukraine where [we found them] 18 months ago. We have then proceeded to conduct war on a myriad of countries in the intervening 80 years, sending our children to slaughter while Germany's/Japan's children are kept home safe and secure because of the aforementioned German love of Nazi's & Japan's love of 7 O'Clock wake up calls.

& that fat Moore is a fat Left wing face.

& that Pluto stream is 7/4 split. 7 minutes of programming, 4 minutes of commercials...on & on.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Penn
    the
    "unfly-blown truth."

It didn't do much in the theaters---but remains his finest hour.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Started watch "The Evil That Men Do" on Amazon Prime last night. Below is the scope of the movie:

Two soldiers of a powerful Mexican cartel, having lost their link to humanity, spend their time cutting people into little pieces and sending the parts to their enemies. Their lives are changed forever with the arrival of their next victim: a 10 year old girl who is the daughter of a rival cartel boss entangled in a struggle for power.

Im about 1/2 way through and its damned good so far. I will let yall know my rating once Ive completed this flick.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Started watch "The Evil That Men Do" on Amazon Prime last night. Below is the scope of the movie:

Two soldiers of a powerful Mexican cartel, having lost their link to humanity, spend their time cutting people into little pieces and sending the parts to their enemies. Their lives are changed forever with the arrival of their next victim: a 10 year old girl who is the daughter of a rival cartel boss entangled in a struggle for power.

Im about 1/2 way through and its damned good so far. I will let yall know my rating once Ive completed this flick.
    Have never sat for it. Don't like Bronson except in a very few films. "The Great Escape" - the one with the train trip in it, names escapes me and of course the original -Death Wish- '74, which is a flawless motion picture event...within the first 10 minutes of air time, he and Hope Lange are on a beach in Hawaii, then stuck in traffic in NYC, then it's him standing in that NYC hospital emergency room with his son-in-law and the doctor ambles on over with the news. 10- ing-minutes!

It's film. American film.

---------

I will take a sit for -The Evil That Men Do- today!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Have never sat for it. Don't like Bronson except in a very few films. "The Great Escape" - the one with the train trip in it, names escapes me and of course the original -Death Wish- '74, which is a flawless motion picture event...within the first 10 minutes of air time, he and Hope Lange are on a beach in Hawaii, then stuck in traffic in NYC, then it's him standing in that NYC hospital emergency room with his son-in-law and the doctor ambles on over with the news. 10- ing-minutes!

It's film. American film.

---------

I will take a sit for -The Evil That Men Do- today!

Its not the Bronson one. This one was made in 2017.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Its not the Bronson one. This one was made in 2017.
    Aw ! Who's the Bronson's part taken by?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Aw ! Who's the Bronson's part taken by?
    Never saw the Bronson one, but this one was a solid 7/10 for a lower budget movie. Crazy cartel shiz!!

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Bronsons best is Once Upon a Time in the West

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Without a doubt

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I've tried that damn thing a half-a-dozen times since it released way back, and can never take a liking to it. One reason it's too jarring to see Fonda there in that capacity. Almost surreal,,,but in a bad way.

Same with -Reservoir Dogs- cannot find the goodness.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Watched "A Thousand and One" with my wife last night. A good drama is her choice of movies. I give this move a solid 9.5/10. Extremely well acted, emotional with a huge twist at the end.

Highly recommended is all else I can say

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Watched "A Thousand and One" with my wife last night. A good drama is her choice of movies. I give this move a solid 9.5/10. Extremely well acted, emotional with a huge twist at the end.

Highly recommended is all else I can say
    Which stream?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Amazon Prime .............

Rotten Tomatoes

Critics - 97%
    Audience - 85%

Thread Information