Page 226 of 361 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236276326 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,650 of 9004
    Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democrats Pretend To Oppose Iran Attack They Enabled

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These people are so ing stupid. They'll say anything to get votes (both sides).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Popular vote is more democratic than EC

one man one vote

opposite of fascism

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

one man one vote

opposite of fascism
    Sure. But Democrats and the Republicans haven't taken proper measures to ensure that voting is a trustworthy process.

I'm fine with relying on our Cons utionally implemented Republican ideals as our best option.

If you're really worried about being more democratic, you should push for ranked choice voting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These people are so ing stupid. They'll say anything to get votes (both sides).
    Even lie about their heritage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

one man one vote

opposite of fascism
    2 states would dominate the election so no, bad idea. The electoral college provides an even playing field.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure. But Democrats and the Republicans haven't taken proper measures to ensure that voting is a trustworthy process.
    sure they have. Trump had the voter fraud commission.

I'm fine with relying on our Cons utionally implemented Republican ideals as our best option.
    which still relies on our voting being trustworthy, so it’s not any more of a safeguard against voter fraud

If you're really worried about being more democratic, you should push for ranked choice voting.
    I’m for ranked choice voting. For both primaries and general election

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 states would dominate the election so no, bad idea. The electoral college provides an even playing field.
    States don’t vote. Individuals do

60 million people represent about 1/5 of the country. No reason their voices should count less based on where they reside geographically within the country

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    which still relies on our voting being trustworthy, so it’s not any more of a safeguard against voter fraud
    It prevents pay for votes, pay/motivation for ballot stuffing, and it lessens the incentives to encourage illegal aliens to vote. It's not perfect; but you're so ing full of , Lite.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m for ranked choice voting. For both primaries and general election
    Yet you spend a lot of time crying about the electoral college (which won't change) and pretty much no time on ranked choice voting (which can practically be implemented).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting rid of the electoral college would require a Cons utional Amendment and in this day and age it’s politically not possible. Warren or whoever else makes such promises is full of .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet you spend a lot of time crying about the electoral college (which won't change) and pretty much no time on ranked choice voting (which can practically be implemented).
    I think the EC is a bigger issue than lack of ranked voting

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the EC is a bigger issue than lack of ranked voting
    Of course you do. It's what your masters are telling you that you need to be crying about, instead of practical measures that'll create more accountability and democracy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    States don’t vote. Individuals do

60 million people represent about 1/5 of the country. No reason their voices should count less based on where they reside geographically within the country
    Might as well rid the states of borders and governments then and have one country, no states. Why do we need state representations if it's a popular vote? Just vote on everything.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "balanced"

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might as well rid the states of borders and governments then and have one country, no states. Why do we need state representations if it's a popular vote? Just vote on everything.
    If that's what it takes to win for her. Amirite, Lite?

spurraider21

900 DPH / Proud Narc
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I like lamp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amazing strawmen. Let me know if you want to have an actual discussion though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It prevents pay for votes, pay/motivation for ballot stuffing, and it lessens the incentives to encourage illegal aliens to vote. It's not perfect; but you're so ing full of , Lite.
    Doesn’t discourage any of that. Candidates are still motivated to get as many votes as possible in every state

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn’t discourage any of that.
    The nuh uh rebuttal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course you do. It's what your masters are telling you that you need to be crying about, instead of practical measures that'll create more accountability and democracy.
    I feel that way because the EC is fundamentally undemocratic. The only potential it serves over a popular vote is the potential to override the will of the people

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Candidates are still motivated to get as many votes as possible in every state
    Candidates weren't motivated to win most states.

As it is, if abolishing electoral college wasn't a game changer, you wouldn't be crying.

And pretending that people wouldn't sleeze for votes that are increased currency is being willfully dense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Candidates weren't motivated to win most states.

As it is, if abolishing electoral college wasn't a game changer, you wouldn't be crying.

And pretending that people wouldn't sleeze for votes that are increased currency is being willfully dense.
    Candidates still want to get as many votes as possible. It’s not like republicans are actively asking their voters in New York to stay home

the reason i want the EC abolished is that it’s main distinction from a national popular vote is the potential to override the will of the people

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amazing strawmen. Let me know if you want to have an actual discussion though
    Actually I think that would be a slippery slope. But if you want to get rid of the Electoral College and go straight to a popular vote aren't you removing the state's power to represent itself to the federal government?

Thread Information