Page 23 of 110 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that's true, this is going to be a weird off-season. I don't think it'll be that bad, but it means the opt-in deadline will be set to before the draft, because the moratorium is supposed to mark the transition between years. That also means that direct sign-and-trades on draft night will actually be legal. Also, what is suggests is that the moratorium will START before the draft, meaning you'll see agree-to contracts and whatnot prior to draft night. Weird.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that's true, this is going to be a weird off-season. I don't think it'll be that bad, but it means the opt-in deadline will be set to before the draft, because the moratorium is supposed to mark the transition between years. That also means that direct sign-and-trades on draft night will actually be legal. Also, what is suggests is that the moratorium will START before the draft, meaning you'll see agree-to contracts and whatnot prior to draft night. Weird.
    So if that was the case (even tho I doubt the spurs would) if Demar decided to opt-in we could trade him at the draft?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the Clippers want DDR?
    They only have one ball and both PG, KL, DDR needs the ball to be effective. They need better 3D players and a center who can shoot the 3 and they are set.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    id prefer to trade for another top pick than paul george tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So are you saying just let LMA and DDR leave for nothing? I am not opposed to this as I dont want bad contracts just to have something in return. I think you are undervaluing Wiggins. Yes doing him and # 2 is a risk but I think it would make us better and give us more potential in the long run. It also would fill one of out needs with a Big.
    I read a report the other day that some teams thought he would be good but did not know about All star good. He also wants to be the man and some wonder if he is not will it make him not play hard. That being said Ide still take the risk. if we can get them to throw in Mini pick in 2021 then I would jump on it so fast as we are only gaining 2 years of Wiggins contract because if not we will be paying LMA next year.
    Wiggins is horrible. He’s been in the league for 6 years, and hasn’t noticeably improved. He just lacks drive.

The granddaddy of all advanced stats is PER. It’s offensively biased, but since Wiggins isn’t known as a defender, it will work for a quick and dirty analysis. The basis of PER is that everyone’s ratings are based on a league average of 15.0. All Stars usually start around 20, and superstars are usually high 20s to low 30s.

Wiggins career mark, for 6 seasons, is 14.7. No, it’s not a typo. He makes a ton of money for a slightly below average offensive player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minnesota has said they will trade the number one pick for a top level NBA player. Not a whole lot of those available. Could see DRR and number 11 for the number 1 pick and maybe their second pick at 33. They would still have two number one picks (11 and 17) and DDR. They have the salary space it seems to be able to make it happen or get close to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minnesota has said they will trade the number one pick for a top level NBA player. Not a whole lot of those available. Could see DRR and number 11 for the number 1 pick and maybe their second pick at 33. They would still have two number one picks (11 and 17) and DDR. They have the salary space it seems to be able to make it happen or get close to it.
    Their contracts are weird. Towns and Russell would be off limits. So you kinda need trade around 20mil. We are not in that position with DDR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their contracts are weird. Towns and Russell would be off limits. So you kinda need trade around 20mil. We are not in that position with DDR.
    It would have to be James Johnson and/or Even Turner. Not sure worth taking them to upgrade a pick.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiggins is horrible. He’s been in the league for 6 years, and hasn’t noticeably improved. He just lacks drive.

The granddaddy of all advanced stats is PER. It’s offensively biased, but since Wiggins isn’t known as a defender, it will work for a quick and dirty analysis. The basis of PER is that everyone’s ratings are based on a league average of 15.0. All Stars usually start around 20, and superstars are usually high 20s to low 30s.

Wiggins career mark, for 6 seasons, is 14.7. No, it’s not a typo. He makes a ton of money for a slightly below average offensive player.
    These people are clueless. Like I said, Wiggins would be the second coming of Richard Jefferson, but even less impactful and at a astronomically horrible price.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pure offseason talk but as much as we talk poorly about certain players on the team guys like LA, Demar, Rudy, and patty are valuable to teams trying to win. Last year most people said Chris Paul was washed and wouldn’t be able to be traded because of his contract and after the way he played this season, he’s a wanted commodity again. Our guys aren’t CP3 but they’re still valuable
    Totally agree here. LA, Demar, Rudy and Patty would have been valuable assets on almost every one of the final eight teams. As there is no runaway favorite next year, it could be a seller’s market as a bunch of teams may think they can compete.

Assuming DDR opts in, they’re all expiring at the end of 2020-21 and will all be valuable trade pieces should the Spurs decide to fully embrace a youth movement + cap space next summer to back fill with decent vets. You don’t trade all of them because you need some vet presence, but if they let you trade up from 11 to get the guy you want, or grab a future first or two in-season, you do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could actually see this. Minny is reportedly quite desperate to trade out of #1, and with their team being led by two young players in KAT and Dlo, the FO might be more interested in adding a vet presence that can also carry the offense, than adding yet another lottery prospect that has to be developed and paid like a star.

If the Spurs can trade up to #1 for just DD, #11, and some filler/taking some money back to balance out DD's salary, they better do it. We need as many shots at franchise-level players as we can get, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone should be on the table except for keldon/luka/white and next year's first round.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On second thought, I actually think there could be a non zero chance of an Aldridge and 11 for Wiggins and 2 trade. It's a longshot, but the Warriors are in a unique position, he is a good theoretical fit and it won't be easy to do markedly better.

It's not just about him though, they'd dump Wiggins, could select a high floor, plug and play wing to replace him and they'd still have the Timberwolves top 3 protected '21 1st to try to find a foundational player.

For the Spurs, they could try to turn it into a 3 teamer by rerouting Wiggins for Batum.

KAT starting shooting 8 threes a game this past year. He’s spacing the floor all by himself without Harrell already. As to the value of Harrell. I’d agree but this is minny we are talking about here. Who knows what they will do. Spurs should take advantage of any opportunity to move up to grab Wiseman.
    Sure, but it's one thing to p-n-p to 3, it's another to literally have to space the floor around a rim runner/post up type because obviously they'd have to play significant minutes together. Also, on Towns post ups, Harrell would cramp the spacing in the opposite dunker spot.

A Towns-Russell core isn't winning with defense so further limiting their offense doesn't make sense.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs were smart, they'd dump DeRozan onto some other team and try to sign Jerami Grant. He's exactly the type of young, 3&D wing that they need.

They'd have a super solid young core with White, Johnson, and Grant, and could try to fill the big positions through the draft.

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/09/2...grant-opt-out/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the people who don't like Wiggins I will say that I agree with you that he's an overrated empty stat player. It's really not about getting Wiggins but more so about getting Wiseman. Wiseman has potential to be an all-star 7fter and he's really young.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd only take Wiggins if GSW is also throwing in the Minnesota 2021 pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the people who don't like Wiggins I will say that I agree with you that he's an overrated empty stat player. It's really not about getting Wiggins but more so about getting Wiseman. Wiseman has potential to be an all-star 7fter and he's really young.
    Totally agree.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan rumor from NBASupes Hawks Insider :

Can't. His opt in is after the draft and his agent is telling teams he's opting out. They have the money to make a run at him in FA but he wants to play for a contender.
    They are covering their bases but LAC has options. DeRozan is someone they are set to add and they are dropping Harrell. They want to keep Pat Bev but he is the one SAS would be interested in for a SnT of DeRozan and he has suitors interested as well around the league especially from Milwaukee who will drop some lightly protected future 1st to prove to Giannis they can win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan rumor from NBASupes Hawks Insider :
    lac has nothing to offer, they dont even have any draft picks for the next 4 years...wtf they going to deal with the spurs, they got jack on their roster...

another team needs to be involve...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That'd run counter to the idea that the moratorium will end before the draft. The moratorium will not start before option deadlines. I mean, I guess it could, but it'd be so weird for the NBA to do that.

Also, I'm sure SA would gladly trade DMDR to a contender if that's what he wants, and it makes more sense for him and everyone else for him to opt in a extend versus opting out. The salary saved in a new deal wouldn't be worth getting hard-capped by taking him in an S&T, and I don't see any contender with the pure salary available.

I'm hoping the Hawks insider is right that DeRozan is basically gone though, because that would mean SA trying to trade LMA to build around DMDR is just a smoke screen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But they better not actually want Beverly. I think it's clear he'd have to be part of the deal to make numbers work, but SA should be looking for a third team to take him. Philly, as I said earlier, seems like the best choice, especially if they are willing to give up Richardson to make it happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beverly is trash. Spurs wanting him tells me that rumor is bs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beverly is trash. Spurs wanting him tells me that rumor is bs
    Yeah, no truth to Beverly. I don’t even think they want Harrell. Just gossip for the clicks. I could see them wanting the #1 or #2 pick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well it is a sign and trade, Derozan would technically be an Unrestricted Free Agent when he opts out, don't know what people expect from such deals. You can always flip desirable assets, especially someone like Bev who is an all defensive second team / shooter / ballhandler. Bev is a walking mid to late first.
    Last edited by rankingtear; 10-16-2020 at 07:02 PM.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    spurs have a glut of guards, and i'd rather have white/walker/murray/johnson over Beverly anyway at his salary. plus we have Mills, who we all know is not going anywhere. trading for garbage chihuahua beverely makes no sense from a roster or fit standpoint

Thread Information