99 71.74%
  • Kevin Garnett

39 28.26%
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That article was written in September of 2006 and he doesn't even mention Dirk in the foreign players section. By that point, Dirk had already been to the Finals and established himself as the best foreign player of all time. Dirk was a lock for the HOF even then and that guy didn't mention him. Just some blogger's opinion.
    Maybe dirk has been customized a lot and is no longer considered a foreigner like Manu and that 7'6 piece of ****.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, while Manu might take more pride in winning a gold medal for his country, I highly doubt he would agree with the notion that a Gold Medal in basketball is harder or more of an achievement than winning an NBA championship.
    For every national team except the US NT, winning the olympics is harder than winning the NBA.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Manu is king over all furiners and a lot of americanos tambien.

This is an NBA thread, try speaking English. Tambien = also.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    the olympics is harder than winning the NBA.
    why don't you post in some olympic forum rather than an NBA forum if the Olympics are so much better.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    For every national team except the US NT, winning the olympics is harder than winning the NBA.
    Sorry, an Olympic Gold Medal is not as impressive as an NBA Championship. The NBA is a higher level of play.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    your point being? (besides admitting that foreign basketball sucks)

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Sorry, an Olympic Gold Medal is not as impressive as an NBA Championship. The NBA is a higher level of play.

Only in America. Outside of America NBA is a joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That article was written in September of 2006 and he doesn't even mention Dirk in the foreign players section. By that point, Dirk had already been to the Finals and established himself as the best foreign player of all time. Dirk was a lock for the HOF even then and that guy didn't mention him. Just some blogger's opinion.
    Read this part dude:

"Don't forget were dealing with the Basketball Hall of Fame, not the NBA Hall-o-Fame. People tend to overlook this when they talk about candidates. There are many college coaches, women coaches (Summit), contributors (Dave Gavitt), women players (Cheryl Miller, Ann Meyers) and foreign players & coaches inducted in Springfield.

This can open up a whole can of worms for the committee with evaluating NBA players. What do you do with guys who had legendary college careers but had solid NBA careers at best? (see Laettner) What do you do with foreign players who come over to play in the NBA? Alot of the time these foreign players have had solid NBA careers, but if they stayed over in Europe they would have been legendary & possible Hall candidates like Kresmir Cosic or Dino Meneghin (see Divac). An even tougher case is what to do with a guy like Detlef Schrempf (who played his whole college career & some of high school in the US) ? See these are some of the problems that crop up when you don't just have an NBA-only Hall of Fame."

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This is an NBA thread, try speaking English. Tambien = also.
    yo habla espanol, and it's my freedom to speak half inglis and some espanol for the other half. furiners = foreigners

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Read this part dude:

"Don't forget were dealing with the Basketball Hall of Fame, not the NBA Hall-o-Fame. People tend to overlook this when they talk about candidates. There are many college coaches, women coaches (Summit), contributors (Dave Gavitt), women players (Cheryl Miller, Ann Meyers) and foreign players & coaches inducted in Springfield.

This can open up a whole can of worms for the committee with evaluating NBA players. What do you do with guys who had legendary college careers but had solid NBA careers at best? (see Laettner) What do you do with foreign players who come over to play in the NBA? Alot of the time these foreign players have had solid NBA careers, but if they stayed over in Europe they would have been legendary & possible Hall candidates like Kresmir Cosic or Dino Meneghin (see Divac). An even tougher case is what to do with a guy like Detlef Schrempf (who played his whole college career & some of high school in the US) ? See these are some of the problems that crop up when you don't just have an NBA-only Hall of Fame."
    hey link me to some more articles by "jay aych" and I might take that article seriously.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You could say that, but, I'd still classify guys like Hakeem and Dikembe foreign players.
    yeah, you should also classify Arnold a foreigner despite him being the president of california.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Read this part dude:

If this was written by someone other than the basketball hombre it might be taken seriously.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Read this part dude:

Yes I believe a few posts back I said that US Men and Womens College Basketball is important. That's why Pat Summitt is in there. FIBA is important. And it's why Manu will make it too. I just think that Dirk has a better resume than Manu, that's all. They're both HOFers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this was written by someone other than the basketball hombre it might be taken seriously.
    Tha comment is racist "man".

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Tha comment is racist "man".

He calls himself the basketball hombre, I didn't make that up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yo habla espanol, and it's my freedom to speak half inglis and some espanol for the other half. furiners = foreigners
    it's yo hablo espanol, but touche either way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes I believe a few posts back I said that US Men and Womens College Basketball is important. That's why Pat Summitt is in there. FIBA is important. And it's why Manu will make it too. I just think that Dirk has a better resume than Manu, that's all. They're both HOFers.
    how the does the dirker have a better resume than Manu?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    how the does the dirker have a better resume than Manu?
    Go back and read the ing thread you lazy fatass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go back and read the ing thread you lazy fatass.
    don't need to read the thread for a simple answer - if you need a whole thread to answer that question, you're obviously reaching

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    don't need to read the thread for a simple answer - if you need a whole thread to answer that question, you're obviously reaching
    You're a typical Spur fan then. I've been asked that question in this thread and I've already answered it. Put the taco down and hit click on your mouse. There's a difference between reading and reasoning on one hand, and reacting on another. You're doing the latter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're a typical Spur fan then. I've been asked that question in this thread and I've already answered it. Put the taco down and hit click on your mouse.
    my bad chief - didn't really care to go back and read your disseration of why you thought that an overrated player like dirk was justifiably better than Manu - I'm sure it was a great story. By the way, what do you have against tacos - they're awesome! It was a simple question that should have a simple response - don't sweat it

If you can't slam with the best then jam with the rest sabar's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirk > KG > Manu

It's not even a debate if you are building a team. Manu is very good, but not as talented as those above him. That's life.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Put it this way, if their careers ended today, who do think would have a better shot at the HOF: Pierce/Allen or Howard/Terry?

I'm the greatest kamikazi_player's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KG is better for now, but it's very close. His defense is what makes him better than Dirk. Yeah, his offense has declined, but can still put up good numbers on any given night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirk > KG > Manu

It's not even a debate if you are building a team. Manu is very good, but not as talented as those above him. That's life.

Thread Information