Page 23 of 74 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "credit to the GOP With exploiting every misstep along the way for the last 3 1/2 years."

then add in all the FABRICATED CONTROVERY and LIES about ACA, and we have a real serious and effective REPUG/FOX/right-wing hate media SABOTAGE campaign, plus the insurance companies cancelling and/or (re) selling and/or modifying junk policies AFTER ACA was passed (cancelling policies that would have been grandfathered) that they know they'd have to cancel to meet ACAs coverage.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, Democrats OWN this cluster . This P.O.S. law passed with not ONE GOP vote.
    Tough . Repugs don't GAF about how people are screwed by insurance companies, how many uninsured people they are, but above they must reflexively BLOCK EVERYTHING the Dems propose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tough . Repugs don't GAF about how people are screwed by insurance companies, how many uninsured people they are, but above they must reflexively BLOCK EVERYTHING the Dems propose.

I give the Dems 100% credit for screwing over people and boosting the margins of insurance companies.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I give the Dems 100% credit for screwing over people and boosting the margins of insurance companies.
    dumb . it's the insurance companies screwing over people, and LONG before ACA, which STOPS insurance companies from screwing people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dumb . it's the insurance companies screwing over people, and LONG before ACA, which STOPS insurance companies from screwing people.

Actually, dumb , it's the ACA that is forcing insurance companies to cancel policies that don't meet the ACA minimum requirements. It's also the ACA that will increase the premiums for some to subsidize them for others.

And the Dems OWN it. And some Dems are starting to distance themselves from it.

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yet it, the ACA, will continue to improve and you will have to suck it.. darrins..

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Literally the only argument in defense of this cluster from the Team Blue homers is "it will get better," with absolutely no basis for it whatsoever....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, dumb , it's the ACA that is forcing insurance companies to cancel policies that don't meet the ACA minimum requirements. It's also the ACA that will increase the premiums for some to subsidize them for others.

And the Dems OWN it. And some Dems are starting to distance themselves from it.
    dumb . Those "I like my policy" cheapo, very high deductible, very low coverage JUNK policies are a scam.

20%+ get cancelled every year before ACA, and if you've been sick or made a big claim, the policy NAZI says GFY, "No Policy For You".

Typical right wingers, totally ignorant from Repug/Fox propaganda, supporting, APPROVING, ENCOURAGING Corporate-Americans to continue screwing Human-Americans.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Literally the only argument in defense of this cluster from the Team Blue homers is "it will get better," with absolutely no basis for it whatsoever....
    that's better than the Repugs $1B spending on the FBI system that GOT CANCELLED.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no homerism needed to know that the site will get fixed and the Administration will find a way to allow others to keep their healthcare plans. The Obama haters are clinging to the notion that things will stay the same... you do realize websites can get fixed? ..right? that would make the site "better".. you're not very bright..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It gets better? So they will strike down the mandate? The one Obama was against before he was for it?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    no homerism needed to know that the site will get fixed and the Administration will find a way to allow others to keep their healthcare plans. The Obama haters are clinging to the notion that things will stay the same... you do realize websites can get fixed? ..right? that would make the site "better".. you're not very bright..
    You're not very bright if you think the website is the only thing wrong with the ACA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're not very bright if you think the website is the only thing wrong with the ACA.
    the law will become more popular.. it's not rockets science to know that.. we get it.. you want this to fail and you are going top hang your hat opn the hope it does.. no worries because you will find something else to complain about..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obama Allows 1-Year Renewal of Canceled (scamming junk) Health Plans

will let insurance companies keep people on health care plans that would not have been allowed under the Affordable Care Act.

The president’s plan would apply only to people who have had their existing policies canceled. Those currently without insurance would not be able to buy the old plans.

State insurance commissioners would have the right to override the administrative changes.

A White House official confirmed that “we don’t have a commitment from state insurance commissioners” to go along with the president’s new policy. State insurance regulators also said they had not discussed it with the administration.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/15/us/politics/obama-to-offer-health-care-fix-to-keep-plans-democrat-says.html?hp&_r=0

and the insurance companies are not required to re-instate the junk policies that THEY CANCELLED.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 11-14-2013 at 01:23 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Real Story Behind the Phony Canceled Health Insurance Scandal - MotherJones
    Insurance companies ripped off Americans for years with lousy health plans. Obamacare was designed to fix that.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...alth-insurance
    Obama should just say that he wasn't lying when he said he said you could keep your insurance if you like it, but rather that he vastly underestimated the number of people who like spending their hard earned money on junk worthless insurance policies that provide a false sense of security.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darrin in 10 years: the only reason the ACA worked is because it's founded on free market principles as republicans and the heritage foundation rightly pointed out long before the democrats ran with the idea.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    lol. that website isn't getting fixed for at least a year.

Even when they get the front end fixed, there are going to HORROR stories coming out about private info lost/hacked/stolen from the back end for YEARS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The law will grow more popular because it is a redistribution of wealth from the rich to the poor. Look at how many people have signed up for Medicaid since the expansion. If you think this law is going anywhere, you're a ing moron.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Obama should just say that he wasn't lying when he said he said you could keep your insurance if you like it, but rather that he vastly underestimated the number of people who like spending their hard earned money on junk worthless insurance policies that provide a false sense of security.
    It's almost like people don't have a lot of disposable income anymore. I wonder why that is?

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The law will grow more popular because it is a redistribution of wealth from the rich to the poor. Look at how many people have signed up for Medicaid since the expansion. If you think this law is going anywhere, you're a ing moron.
    A dumbass is born every minute it seems.

The middle class, which is the group getting hammered on this one, ARE NOT RICH.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's almost like people don't have a lot of disposable income anymore. I wonder why that is?
    Why are people who don't have a lot of disposable income buying junk insurance policies?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    War on Employees has suppressed real income growth for the 99% these past 35 years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inside the Fox News spin machine: I fact-checked Megyn Kelly on Obamacare

Bill Lawrence of Texas recently posted on his Facebook page that he sold his business because of Obamacare.

Naturally, Mr. Lawrence was then invited on Fox News to be interviewed about his ordeal. He was on the Megyn Kelly show a week ago Friday.

Most of Kelly’s questions were fat softballs or in some cases just statements (“Employers like you might just have to say, ‘I’m gettin’ rid of my company!’”; “Your thoughts on having your livelihood directly affected based on what politicians in Washington felt was best for you?”).

I looked up Bill and decided to give him a buzz to learn more. He lives outside of Houston. We spoke for 45 minutes. He’s a guy who’s sort of hard not to like — funny, very sharp and obviously a very good businessman who built a large business from scratch.

Would he show me some of his business’s financial records? Maybe an annual report, preferably something audited, so I could analyze his claim about the catastrophic effect Obamacare would have had on his business? He would not.
    Did Megyn Kelly request such verification? No, he said, she did not.

I then pressed Bill on whether there were any other reasons he was selling his business. He admitted to me that there were plenty of others (“myriad reasons,” in his words). What were some of them? “You ever run a business?” he asked with a chuckle. And then he began ticking off a bunch of problems in his life that he said he’d now be glad to be rid of. The headache of managing workers. Taxes, fees and permits of every shape and size and color (dumpster permits, gate permits, this permit, that permit). He complained to me that he has to pay $300 for an “auto dealer’s” permit just to sell air fresheners at the checkout counter of his car wash centers.

Bill also told me most of his wage earners do not want health insurance. He’s offered a mini-med program in the past, a very cheap and bare-bones plan that employees could purchase, and they usually decline it. If that’s the case, Bill’s burden will be much smaller than what he told Megyn Kelly. Under the Affordable Care Act, Bill must simply offer his employees a chance to share in the cost of an insurance plan. The worker’s share can legally be as high as 9.5 percent of the worker’s household income. Once Bill has made this offer to an employee, if the employee declines the coverage then Bill is off the hook and doesn’t have to pay a penalty.

And sadly, Bill might be correct that his wage earners (who earn $8.50 to $10 an hour) can’t afford to spend as high as 9.5 percent of their salaries sharing the cost of an insurance plan.

I sent Bill an article from a recent Forbes magazine that shows how businesses of his size, and specifically Texas businesses, will have ample opportunity to keep Obamacare costs very low by strategically offering insurance plans that they know their employees will reject, forcing them onto the individual exchange in some cases. He did not respond.

http://www.salon.com/2013/11/14/insi..._on_obamacare/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    REPUBLICANS BLAST OBAMA’S SUPPORT OF THEIR IDEA

Moments after President Obama said he would allow insurers to continue health plans that were to be cancelled under the Affordable Care Act, leading Republicans blasted the President for agreeing with an idea that they had supported.

“It’s true that we’ve been strongly in favor of Americans being allowed to keep their existing plans,” said House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio). “But now that the President is for it, we’re convinced that it’s a horrible idea.”

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Virginia) went further in ripping the President, calling Mr. Obama’s tactic of adopting ideas proposed by him and fellow Republicans “beneath contempt.”

“The President should be aware that any future agreeing with us will be seen for what it is: a hostile act,” he said.

Minutes later, White House spokesman Jay Carney helmed a hastily called press conference, hoping to stem the quickly escalating coöperation scandal.

“The President understands that he has offended some Republicans in Congress by agreeing with them,” Mr. Carney said. “He wants to apologize for that.”

But far from putting an end to the controversy, the President’s apology drew a swift rebuke from another congressional Republican, Senator Ted Cruz (R-Texas), who called it a “blatant provocation.”

“If the President is going to continue agreeing with us and apologizing to us, he is playing with fire,” he warned.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...Borowitz%20(1)

Thread Information