Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Only pick that might not go through is the DeVos lady and I wouldn't put money on her not getting in.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's The Axis of Vapidity.
    simpleton, you mother ers have no counter, no refutation, defense of the bags your Repugs have nominated each to weaken, destroy the depts.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Not even trying stick. I dont have an RSS feed telling me what to think.
    lol facile coward.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Only pick that might not go through is the DeVos lady and I wouldn't put money on her not getting in.
    How come, Mitch?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    simpleton, you mother ers have no counter, no refutation, defense of the bags your Repugs have nominated each to weaken, destroy the depts.
    Damn, Bouts, you've gotten mean. You had the con for 8 years. Be thankful for that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not even trying stick. I dont have an RSS feed telling me what to think.
    lol facile coward.
    you shootin blanks, kicker

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How come, Mitch?
    She's getting a lot of from democrats, I don't see her having the universal republican appeal like Rex and Mattis would have either. I say she has a 90% chance to get in, but if the dip blues stop anybody it'll be her.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    you shootin blanks, kicker
    Youre posting blanks poodle.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    y DeVos says

WE NEED GUNS IN SCHOLS!!! paranoia

... BECAUSE OF GRIZZLY BEARS!

My RSS oracle tells me everything!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How come, Mitch?
    Do you know who her brother is?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice quadruple negative.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think Tillerson is a slam dunk? Rubio doesn't like him and has to keep an anti-Russia stance to not piss off all the Cuban refugees who make up his base. If Rubio and one other senator says no he's not getting confirmation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think Tillerson is a slam dunk? Rubio doesn't like him and has to keep an anti-Russia stance to not piss off all the Cuban refugees who make up his base. If Rubio and one other senator says no he's not getting confirmation.
    Tillerson is measuring drapes. No ing WAY "little Marco" goes against Trump. Ever.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Do you know who her brother is?
    No, who is it, Splits?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nice quadruple negative.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's unlikely that the confirmations will strictly follow partisan lines, tbh. I see more democratics voting aye than republicans voting nay

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Six astonishing things Betsy DeVos said — and refused to say — at her confirmation hearing

Here are some of the notable moments:

• DeVos refused to agree with a Democrat that schools are no place for guns, citing one school that needs one to protect against grizzly bears. (She really said this.)

• DeVos seemed to have no understanding of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, known as IDEA, which requires public schools to provide free and appropriate education to all students with disabilities.

• DeVos refused to agree with Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.) that all schools that receive public federal funds — traditional public, public charter or private schools that receive voucher money — should be held to the same standards of accountability.

• DeVos said she would review gainful employment regulations without committing to enforce them.

• DeVos appeared to have no idea what Franken was talking about when he referred to the accountability debate about whether to use test scores to measure student proficiency or student growth.

• And here’s a bonus:

DeVos said her name should not have been included on tax forms for her mother’s foundation, which has contributed to controversial causes.

The forms say that she was vice president and a member of the board.
    “That was a clerical error,” DeVos said. “I have never made decisions on my mother’s behalf.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...t-draw7&wpmm=1

Being born wealth and privileged means "Never Having To Say Anything Intelligent" -- paraphrase Love Story

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Betsy DeVos outpaces Ben Carson as Trump's least prepared nominee

If you followed the confirmation hearing for Betsy DeVos, Donald Trump’s education secretary pick, you are no longer in any doubt

why Republicans tried to
    bury the hearing in the evening and keep it short

Sen. Maggie Hassan drew a blazingly clear connection between DeVos’ beloved privatization programs and the IDEA:

We do know that children with disabilities in at least some of the voucher programs that you have supported have gone with a voucher to a school, because of their disability had to leave the school.

The school keeps the money, and they go back to public schools that now have even less resources to deal with them.

And many of us see this as the potential for turning our public schools into warehouses for the most challenging kids with disabilities or other kinds of particular issues.

Or the kids whose parents can’t afford to make up the difference between the voucher and the cost of private school tuition.

That is the DeVos plan in a nuts , though DeVos had been too well coached for this hearing to say it directly.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/0...28Daily+Kos%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Foreclosure victim blasts Trump’s pick for Treasury: ‘They lied to us and took our home’

Lisa Fraser, who tells the story of how OneWest foreclosed on her and her late husband, despite the fact that they never had one late payment.

“We had lived in our house for years when John got sick with cancer,” she explains in the video. “Then the bank foreclosed on us. We did everything the bank asked. They lied to us and took our home anyway – after years of on-time payments.”

She said the bank’s foreclosure created tremendous stress for her husband in his final years, as he worried constantly about his wife’s future.

“John spent his last days terrified I’d be homeless, and then they kicked me out right after the funeral,” she said. “Steve Mnuchin ran the bank that committed fraud and took our home.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/fore...e+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JL is on her payroll

Joe Lieberman disses the entire education establishment at Betsy DeVos’s confirmation hearing

And then, he said:

“I know that some people are questioning her qualifications to be secretary of education, and too many of those questions seem to me to be based on the fact that

she doesn’t come from within the education establishment.

But honestly I believe that today,

that’s one of the most important qualifications you could have for this job.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2017/01/17/joe-lieberman-disses-the-entire-education-establishment-at-betsy-devoss-confirmation-hearing/?utm_term=.ffff8981d9b5

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wilbur Ross, Donald Trump’s secretary of commerce nominee, has offshored 2,700 jobs since 2004

http://www.salon.com/2017/01/17/wilb...bs-since-2004/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeVos says it’s ‘premature’ to commit to following le IX guidance on campus sexual assault

On Tuesday night, sexual assault survivors flooded Capitol Hill to observe Education Secretary-designate Betsy DeVos’ confirmation hearing.

The guidance, which expanded gender discrimination protections on campus to sexual assault and sexual violence survivors, requires every school to have an established internal procedure to handle allegations of sexual harassment and sexual violence. It also says that every time a complaint is filed the school must promptly investigate it, independent of whether or not the crime is reported to the police

DeVos said that she was aware of many “conflicting ideas and opinions around that guidance.”

DeVos has a do ented history of donating money to the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE), a group that has opposed legislation aimed at preventing campus sexual assault and even provides legal counsel to students under investigation for sexual assault.

https://thinkprogress.org/devos-says...aa5#.a2hbnnvft

And all y'all pussy grabbers and rapists are cheering DeVos!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rex Tillerson’s Exxon Mobil Frequently Sought State Department Assistance, New Do ents Show

EXXON MOBIL UNDER ITS CEO Rex Tillerson frequently pressed the U.S. State Department for help in negotiating complex business deals and overcoming foreign opposition to its drilling projects,

The requests for help — do ented in diplomatic cables obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request from DeSmogBlog as well as some previously released by Wikileaks — raise a whole new series of conflict-of-interest concerns about Tillerson,

Exxon Mobil sent State Department officials a request to help overcome local opposition to fracking in Germany;

in Indonesia, the State Department acted as a advocate for Exxon Mobil during contentious negotiations between the firm and the Indonesian government over a major gas field in the South China Sea;

and in Russia, Exxon Mobil asked the U.S. ambassador to press the Russians to approve a major drilling program, noting that a “warming of U.S.-Russian relations” overall would also help the company.

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/17/...te-department/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Endangered Species Act is now an endangered species as Republicans plan its extinction

In control of Congress and soon the White House, Republicans are readying plans to roll back the influence of the Endangered Species Act, one of the government's most powerful conservation tools, after decades of complaints that it hinders drilling, logging and other activities. ...

"Any species that gets in the way of a congressional initiative or some kind of development will be clearly at risk," said Jamie Rappaport Clark, president of Defenders of Wildlife and a former Fish and Wildlife Service director under President Bill Clinton. "The political lineup is as unfavorable to the Endangered Species Act as I can remember."

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/0...28Daily+Kos%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s Interior Pick Wants to Save Our Public Lands by Drilling On Them

Ryan Zinke, Donald Trump’s pick for Secretary of the Interior, is planning to drill on public lands, set aside largely for outdoor recreation and conservation purposes.

During his confirmation hearing on Tuesday, the former Navy SEAL commander and sole representative from Montana in the House of Representatives, talked about both his strong support of public lands, and the drilling and mining he wants to do on them.

He is widely seen to be Trump’s vehicle to carry out an aggressive domestic fossil fuel strategy.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/tru...illing-on-them

Thread Information