Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This slide into incompetence started with the Patty/Pau contract extension. People are just saying the quiet parts out loud now - The front office is bad.
    Patty Mills, the best player on the team? That Patty Mills?

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hill, as a rookie, got minutes on a stacked Spurs team. Keldon can't see the floor on the worst Spurs' team of the last 30 years. Hill, right now, is one of the best players in the best team of the NBA. If Keldon manages to have half the career George had, we should consider his selection a success, tbh.

Using floor time this season as a measure of how good a player is? That's just ing stupid. Stop it.

How stacked were the Spurs at point guard that season? How about the year before? You don't know, do you? I didn't have to look - I remember. It was basically Tony Parker and Jacques Vaughn, and people here whined like schoolgirls about it. (Stoudamire soaked up a few deep bench minutes the year before.) Hill got those rookie minutes out of necessity.

And do you remember how Hill shot that season? His FG% was somewhere around .400. Terrible. But he was still better than Jacques Vaughn. Hill was there out of necessity.

Now, looking at Beli, I would say that getting him off the floor is also a necessity. And they have a rookie in Austin that could do as good of a job of replacing Beli as George Hill did of replacing Jacques Vaughn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO... okay, no sacrificial goats for you. You people want so badly to prove someone else wrong that you just start babbling. The funny thing is, he really broke out after that article. At that point, he was averaging 3.1 3's per game - it's in the damn article. Last year he averaged 4.4 3's per game, in fewer minutes.

When that article was written, he hadn't really broken out like he did after it was written.

Like I said, show me a thread where you predicted that he would break out the way he has SINCE that article, and I'll give you credit. But you didn't. You read some ing article from some guy at BleacherReport, and bit the hook.

[Edit: I took 5 minutes to look at the game logs.] When that article was written, he had played 12 games. Six of those games he scored single digits. His 3P% in some of those games were: .333 .333 .286 .125 and .000 (0-4) Nine of those games he had 4 rebounds or less. That's not the profile of a player that teams throw first round picks at, and you're not ing Nostradamus.
    Using floor time this season as a measure of how good a player is? That's just ing stupid. Stop it.

How stacked were the Spurs at point guard that season? How about the year before? You don't know, do you? I didn't have to look - I remember. It was basically Tony Parker and Jacques Vaughn, and people here whined like schoolgirls about it. (Stoudamire soaked up a few deep bench minutes the year before.) Hill got those rookie minutes out of necessity.

And do you remember how Hill shot that season? His FG% was somewhere around .400. Terrible. But he was still better than Jacques Vaughn. Hill was there out of necessity.

Now, looking at Beli, I would say that getting him off the floor is also a necessity. And they have a rookie in Austin that could do as good of a job of replacing Beli as George Hill did of replacing Jacques Vaughn.
    You sound mad son.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You sound mad son.

So you don't have a post where you knew Bertans would be this good, but you still want to claim you knew it all along? If you've got the quote, post it and I'll give you credit.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real questions are

a- Would Bertans be having the season he is having had he stayed with the Spurs, playing the "system"?

b- Who in their right business mind (not just in basketball) would release players on a multi million trade deal based on a verbal agreement and without conditional clauses?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you don't have a post where you knew Bertans would be this good, but you still want to claim you knew it all along? If you've got the quote, post it and I'll give you credit.
    DAF called him a future allstar tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real questions are

a- Would Bertans be having the season he is having had he stayed with the Spurs, playing the "system"?

b- Who in their right business mind (not just in basketball) would release players on a multi million trade deal based on a verbal agreement and without conditional clauses?
    Easy answers. No, he would not be having the same season since he's not the kind of player Pop gives a long leash to and we had years of Bertans to see this; and that's a stupid question, since the league is run on verbal agreements. Last trade deadline, at 12:01 when new deals could be signed, a figure close to 6 BILLION dollars worth of deals were inked. You think there were heavier guarantees for those than the Spurs had for Morris? It's the way the business is ran - which is also why Morris' spurning was the source of so much talk. It isn't a good look and goes against the convention; Spurs can't really be faulted for that (though they take all the blame for missing the gold in Bertans' shooting potential that was right in front of them).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easy answers. No, he would not be having the same season since he's not the kind of player Pop gives a long leash to and we had years of Bertans to see this; and that's a stupid question, since the league is run on verbal agreements. Last trade deadline, at 12:01 when new deals could be signed, a figure close to 6 BILLION dollars worth of deals were inked. You think there were heavier guarantees for those than the Spurs had for Morris? It's the way the business is ran - which is also why Morris' spurning was the source of so much talk. It isn't a good look and goes against the convention; Spurs can't really be faulted for that (though they take all the blame for missing the gold in Bertans' shooting potential that was right in front of them).
    Sugus, you should apply as the senior deal maker in the NBA...I'm sure you close deals all the time in your private life. Anyhow, with a name like Sugus you were born to be chewed up and spat on the ground

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DAF called him a future allstar tbh

Well good on you for coming to his defense. I said if he posts the quote I'll give him credit.

When that article was written, he was making 3.1 3-pointers per game. The year before he made 4.4 per game, in a lot less minutes. Check my math, but that isn't an improvement. Is it? Calling for him to bring a first round pick at that point was ridiculous.

When guys like Blair and Mahinmi leave and have a couple of good games, people here get on the bandwagon and cry that we traded an All-Star. If Bertans didn't break out AFTER that article, there's no way he brings a first rounder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well good on you for coming to his defense. I said if he posts the quote I'll give him credit.

When that article was written, he was making 3.1 3-pointers per game. The year before he made 4.4 per game, in a lot less minutes. Check my math, but that isn't an improvement. Is it? Calling for him to bring a first round pick at that point was ridiculous.

When guys like Blair and Mahinmi leave and have a couple of good games, people here get on the bandwagon and cry that we traded an All-Star. If Bertans didn't break out AFTER that article, there's no way he brings a first rounder.
    for what its worth, i dont think he's an all-star or future all star... and i remember going back and forth with DAF on this. i've always liked bertans and generally wanted him to get more minutes, but thought DAF tended to overrate him quite a bit.

Future all-star.
    Future all-star feeling it, tbh.
    Future all-star.
    Future all-star, tbh.
    you can click the links to see the context, those are all in reference to bertans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sugus, you should apply as the senior deal maker in the NBA...I'm sure you close deals all the time in your private life. Anyhow, with a name like Sugus you were born to be chewed up and spat on the ground
    If your brain is as re ed as your idea of how to eat candy, I'm sorry for mom & pops, my guy

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If your brain is as re ed as your idea of how to eat candy, I'm sorry for mom & pops, my guy
    You just brought the innovation forward with such a re ed name...a trendsetter no doubt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for what its worth, i dont think he's an all-star or future all star... and i remember going back and forth with DAF on this. i've always liked bertans and generally wanted him to get more minutes, but thought DAF tended to overrate him quite a bit.

you can click the links to see the context, those are all in reference to bertans

Well aren't you just the little helper? I wanted to hear it straight from him, you , so I could mention that he also started a ing thread saying that Gasol was better than Nowitzki. And another saying that the Spurs were going to be able to trade Gasol for "something of value", instead of having to buy out his damn contract.

People here love to throw at the wall to see if something sticks. When it does, they come back and play like Nostradamus. When it doesn't, they run away and hide.

BTW - DAF started that thread that Bertans would be a super-star and an All Star. (He's playing good, but he's a long ing way from that.) And he said that he will bring a first round pick before this trade deadline. We'll re-visit this after the deadline and see which of you is feeling chatty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well aren't you just the little helper? I wanted to hear it straight from him, you , so I could mention that he also started a ing thread saying that Gasol was better than Nowitzki. And another saying that the Spurs were going to be able to trade Gasol for "something of value", instead of having to buy out his damn contract.

People here love to throw at the wall to see if something sticks. When it does, they come back and play like Nostradamus. When it doesn't, they run away and hide.

BTW - DAF started that thread that Bertans would be a super-star and an All Star. (He's playing good, but he's a long ing way from that.) And he said that he will bring a first round pick before this trade deadline. We'll re-visit this after the deadline and see which of you is feeling chatty.
    Dude, you go from 0 to a 1000 in a milisecond.

The is that about Gasol? I was always against his re-signing, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you ing kidding me? I just linked you the thread I started that said "Bertans Will be an all-star"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you ing kidding me? I just linked you the thread I started that said "Bertans Will be an all-star"

I knew I could count on you to prove my point.
    You throw at the wall and when it sticks, you play expert. When it doesn't, you run away from it.

Here's the thread YOU started. Back then, you were sure that Gasol was better than Dirk, and went to the trouble of starting a poll thread on it. You threw at the wall, and then when Gasol turnd out to be a waste, you run away.

Gasol has Nowitzki beat on everything,
    I think it's fair to say that Pau is a better player than Dirk.
    What do you think?

When Bertans actually becomes an All-Star, come back and crow. When the Wiz actually get a first round pick for him, come back and crow. Doing it now just makes you look needy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's another fun article. I think it was written by Sam Niffer. (That's S. Niffer) He lets PATFO off the hook, because as good as Bertans has been this season, Morris' stats have been even better.

Funny, huh? "Bertans the All-Star" has been outplayed by Marcus Morris this season - Bertans' best season ever, by far. I wonder... is someone going to offer a first round pick for Marcus Morris? " Is Marcus Morris lock to become an All Star? I mean, if Bertans is worth a first, then Morris should be worth a lottery pick, right?

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2019...guided-demarre

And here's a comparison of their stats so far this season, so Someone doesn't argue that point:

https://www.basketball-reference.com...rima03&y2=2020

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew I could count on you to prove my point.
    You throw at the wall and when it sticks, you play expert. When it doesn't, you run away from it.

Here's the thread YOU started. Back then, you were sure that Gasol was better than Dirk, and went to the trouble of starting a poll thread on it. You threw at the wall, and then when Gasol turnd out to be a waste, you run away.

[/B]

When Bertans actually becomes an All-Star, come back and crow. When the Wiz actually get a first round pick for him, come back and crow. Doing it now just makes you look needy.
    Oh, the old days when I went back and forth against the Mav Krew. Good times, tbh.

But, anyway, what does that have to do with wanting TOSB Gasol re-signed? You are just making up son.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's another fun article. I think it was written by Sam Niffer. (That's S. Niffer) He lets PATFO off the hook, because as good as Bertans has been this season, Morris' stats have been even better.

Funny, huh? "Bertans the All-Star" has been outplayed by Marcus Morris this season - Bertans' best season ever, by far. I wonder... is someone going to offer a first round pick for Marcus Morris? " Is Marcus Morris lock to become an All Star? I mean, if Bertans is worth a first, then Morris should be worth a lottery pick, right?

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2019...guided-demarre

And here's a comparison of their stats so far this season, so Someone doesn't argue that point:

https://www.basketball-reference.com...rima03&y2=2020
    What are you even trying to say now? You are all over the place son.

And yeah, you can bet your ass Morris is worth a first round pick for any contender that is missing that one piece. In fact, if he stays healthy, I'm sure he will get traded to a contender for a first come deadline.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans is better in true shooting, assists, blocks, turnovers... for morris' bulk bertans rebounding numbers almost same. The difference btwn them is negligible and may boil down to morris getting an extra 2min playing time per game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, the old days when I went back and forth against the Mav Krew. Good times, tbh.

But, anyway, what does that have to do with wanting TOSB Gasol re-signed? You are just making up son.

Morris has played better than Bertans this year, without question. He's only 30. Would anyone offer a first for Morris, like you claim they will for Bert? Why wouldn't they, since he's been better?

You made a stupid, but enthusiastic claim, just like you did in the "old days" and you're worried that your will look tiny if you admit it. It would. So keep up the babbling - I'm done here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morris has played better than Bertans this year, without question. He's only 30. Would anyone offer a first for Morris, like you claim they will for Bert? Why wouldn't they, since he's been better.

You made a stupid, but enthusiastic claim, just like you did in the "old days" and you're worried that your will look tiny if you admit it. It would. So keep up the babbling - I'm done here.
    I just said they would. What the are you even arguing now?

What are you even trying to say now? You are all over the place son.

And yeah, you can bet your ass Morris is worth a first round pick for any contender that is missing that one piece. In fact, if he stays healthy, I'm sure he will get traded to a contender for a first come deadline.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well if we're going to quote age then davis has advantage there too of being younger so will be able to play longer years n continue to improve over morris. Morris is just a more defensive bertans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ya know, for a while i had cut the front office some slack for the bertans debacle because they couldn't control morris reneging on a deal.

but the only reason they were in that position where they had to move bertans to open up the MLE was because they first stupidly went out and sign demarre who cant even ing play. even in the worst case if morris reneged the way he did, we at least still would have had (and likely underutilized) bertans. that still falls on the FO for signing a guy that cant crack the rotation with MLE funds

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ya know, for a while i had cut the front office some slack for the bertans debacle because they couldn't control morris reneging on a deal.

but the only reason they were in that position where they had to move bertans to open up the MLE was because they first stupidly went out and sign demarre who cant even ing play. even in the worst case if morris reneged the way he did, we at least still would have had (and likely underutilized) bertans. that still falls on the FO for signing a guy that cant crack the rotation with MLE funds
    Yup - just a complete disaster signing from the FO with Carroll. He was someone I was ok with because you resign yourself to the Spurs standing pat mostly. In that light, for that price, it seemed reasonable. But what a whiff.

Spurs so obviously needed a major talent infusion and they did absolutely nothing. If you don’t want to win, go the opposite direction.

He will hopefully at least provide trade ballast if needed.

Thread Information