Page 23 of 93 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully he is auditioning for a trade.

i hate this guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please trade Pau. If Aldridge goes down, we're ed anyway. And we have enough overpaid culture guys on the team already. PATFO has to move on from this finished scrub.
    Tbh we are one-player-injury from missing the playoffs. That’s to say the least with Gay always seemingly out, and lately DDR. And Pau is history. We need that next consistent scorer to replace Pau, besides the 3 and D Spurs crucially need

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to clan the Spurs fan

spurs offered Bertans , 2019 and 2020 2nd round picks and some cash for terry rozier and yabusele

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

spurs offered Bertans , 2019 and 2020 2nd round picks and some cash for terry rozier and yabusele
    yeah that’s kinda been discussed already, I like rozier but that doesn’t really make any sense for the spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LMAO stop it Pau

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There were some players that seemed done but Houston took the risk and gave them cheap contracts...Eric Gordon, now Faried.

I wonder why the Spurs couldn't sign anything better than 48M-39 years old Pau.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There were some players that seemed done but Houston took the risk and gave them cheap contracts...Eric Gordon, now Faried.

Because they're stuck in their antiquated ways tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Remember when SA knocked HOU out of the playoffs recently though and HOU had Harden and Eric Gordon? Also, Eric Gordon 14M a year; not exactly cheap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting proposals...

Forbes for Stanley Johnson
    Bertans for Rozier, Yabusele

This gives the Spurs a potential lineup of:

Rozier/White/DeRoza/Gay/Aldridge
    Mills/Belinelli/Johnson/Yabusele/Poetl

Note: Rozier, Gay are RF next season.

This makes sense for Celtics and Pistons. Both Rozier and Johnson are on their last year.

Rozier numbers have fallen of a cliff. Johnson looks like he can't shoot.
    Dude, just don't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember when SA knocked HOU out of the playoffs recently though and HOU had Harden and Eric Gordon? Also, Eric Gordon 14M a year; not exactly cheap.
    -I'd say Gordon contract is very cheap in today NBA.

-I remember that series and still enjoy re-watching the last minutes of game 6.

But I like their way of taking risks instead of playing safe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because they're stuck in their antiquated ways tbh
    Yep. I just want PATFO to be a bit more aggresive and creative at the tradeline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -I'd say Gordon contract is very cheap in today NBA.

-I remember that series and still enjoy re-watching the last minutes of game 6.

But I like their way of taking risks instead of playing safe
    Easier to take risks when it's OK to go into luxury tax every season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It'll always be a mystery as why PATFO doubled down on an aging Pau. He was already done when coming from the Bulls.

The only plausible reason is the need to have veteran players in the roster. I don't know who Pau is teaching though, Aldridge is already a veteran (but one with limited basketball IQ).

Patty Mills I can see other player like Forbes learning how he moves without the ball. Belinelli is also one of those valuable guys because of his off ball movement.

Spurs unique brand of basketball relies on being smarter and mentally more disciplined that the opponent. Yes, the big 3 ( LMA, DDR, Gay) aren't high basketball IQ players. In fairness though, I think Gay has learned to play very efficiently. DDR might also become a better player next year. I cannot say the same with LMA, but I think he's better motivated this year due to DDR encouragement.

Pau right now is a fish out of water. He doesn't have the quickness that Poetl provides in the 2nd unit.

At best, he subs utes for Gay to play with Aldridge and the first team. The only time Pau is useful is against bigger centers. This is Poetl's weakness (due to low standing reach).

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I always looked at the Pau signing as a way to sort of fill the void left by Duncan's depature (Duncan is one of the GOAT players so hard shoes to fill). That was fine when Parker, Manu were still on this team but now Pau is just on this team for veteran leadership more or less.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always looked at the Pau signing as a way to sort of fill the void left by Duncan's depature (Duncan is one of the GOAT players so hard shoes to fill). That was fine when Parker, Manu were still on this team but now Pau is just on this team for veteran leadership more or less.
    What's unexplained is the $16m price tag.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a California second. Can't believe the Lakers would do that deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe they would do 1, not both. LA is sort of in the same spot as SA. Go all in for a ring while you have Lebron or wait til your young players develop but lose out on being le contenders for now? Although I don't think DeRozan makes then much of a le contender anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They wouldn't.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe they would do 1, not both. LA is sort of in the same spot as SA. Go all in for a ring while you have Lebron or wait til your young players develop but lose out on being le contenders for now? Although I don't think DeRozan makes then much of a le contender anyway.
    Spurs would have to take on some of Stephenson, Beasley, Rondo, KCP to make salaries match, though they’re all expiring. Both Ingram and Kuzma is probably something Lakers don’t do (they don’t need to blow it up this year for a le run, and want to maintain flexibility) but just one of Ingram or Kuzma isn’t enough for the Spurs.

I absolutely hate Ingram’s at ude out there. Kuzma I could get behind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron wants 3 point shooters. He thought he could come in with McGee, Stephenson, and Rondo around that young core.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron would never do that, he knows first hand how bad DDR is in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do people think Ingram is actually good? Kuzma for DDR is a no for me dog.

The Ingram, Lonzo and Kuzma trio is increasingly looking pretty mediocre as a package.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol there's no way the Lakers are adding salary beyond this season, unless it's for A.Davis.

Thread Information