Page 234 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 1341842242302312322332342352362372382442843347341234 ... LastLast
Results 5,826 to 5,850 of 40795
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the high end, yes. At the low end, minimum 700.
    The way I'm projecting has both areas combined averaging about 110 deaths per day, with maybe 250 at the high end. I guess we can both agree we hope my math is right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abbott, sit down and STFU

“I am governor of 254 counties in the state of Texas,” Abbott said at a press conference Sunday.

“What may be right for places like the large, urban areas may not be right at this particular point in time”

==========

85% of the TX population is now urban.

https://demographics.texas.gov/Resources/publications/2017/2017_08_21_UrbanTexas.pdf

How about the doing the "right thing" for 85% of Texas population?

He is completely failing right now

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Problem solved, everybody!

How Medical ‘Chickenpox Parties’ Could Turn The Tide Of The Wuhan Virus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is testing soo ed in this country? Why were other countries able to test soo damn many,and were here with our thumbs up our asses

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

sounds fun

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is testing soo ed in this country? Why were other countries able to test soo damn many,and were here with our thumbs up our asses
    Decades of FAILED austerity, of shrinking govt into dysfunction, all gone wild under Trash and his Repug kakistocracy.

What the Repugs are doing now, aka "Keynesian countercyclical govt spending", is exactly what they blocked and ridiculed when Obama/Dems wanted to do it.

Where is Capitalism, Capitalists, free markets, trickle down, compe ion, "Govt is not the solution. Govt is the problem" with their "perfect solution" to whatever is needed "just in time"?

It's all exposed as dishonest, self-serving, self-enriching B U L L S H I T

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The administration in charge didn't take it seriously. It was supposed to be gone by March 1st.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought a Worldwide pandemia would convert atheists into christians, but it turns out that it converts free-marketers into Keynesians.
    The government shut down the "free market".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is a party after all.

The right wing proposals this week consist of letting old people die and infecting the young (hey, only 3-10% will get seriously ill, snowflake) for the sake of the economy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's really not as crazy as it seems if you accept the truth that the majority of the global population will get this virus in time. Just need a system to figure out who goes first. Bimonthly national rock/paper/scissors day seems fair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's really not as crazy as it seems if you accept the truth that the majority of the global population will get this virus in time. Just need a system to figure out who goes first. Bimonthly national rock/paper/scissors day seems fair.
    People who think it's not as crazy as it seems and their children first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abbott, sit down and STFU

“I am governor of 254 counties in the state of Texas,” Abbott said at a press conference Sunday.

“What may be right for places like the large, urban areas may not be right at this particular point in time”

==========

85% of the TX population is now urban.

https://demographics.texas.gov/Resources/publications/2017/2017_08_21_UrbanTexas.pdf

How about the doing the "right thing" for 85% of Texas population?

He's in a wheelchair.

Boutons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why weren't you pushing for this last year?

Oh that's right, impeachment was more important then. Which candidate ran with "increase medical supplies for potential virus testing" as one of their key goals? Because that wasn't the thing then. Medicare for all! (but no supplies).

"why didn't more people have hindsight ahead of time!"

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because CDC botched their test. They had to eventually remove regulations to let the market handle it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way I'm projecting has both areas combined averaging about 110 deaths per day, with maybe 250 at the high end. I guess we can both agree we hope my math is right.
    Thoughts and prayers. I'd love to see the algorithm that predicts NY/NJ deaths stabilizing while new cases are completely out of control.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why weren't you pushing for this last year?

Oh that's right, impeachment was more important then. Which candidate ran with "increase medical supplies for potential virus testing" as one of their key goals? Because that wasn't the thing then. Medicare for all! (but no supplies).

"why didn't more people have hindsight ahead of time!"
    THis is such a stupid point of view. Democrats are literally trying to keep the GOP from tearing up the healthcare that we currently have and you're trying to say they werne't arguing for the right thing? Sorry they had to fucos on the gun to the countries head and try to disarm that first.

Talk about some serious ing gas lighting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My sauces tell me NY is about to explode

powder keg is the word I hear

let's hope its bad info but unfortunately my sauces are legit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My sauces tell me NY is about to explode

powder keg is the word I hear

let's hope its bad info but unfortunately my sauces are legit
    just show us the rando twitter accounts you're referring to

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "this is worse than working in West Africa during Ebola"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just show us the rando twitter accounts you're referring to
    those are ground sauces

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's in a wheelchair.

Boutons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is a party after all.

The right wing proposals this week consist of letting old people die and infecting the young (hey, only 3-10% will get seriously ill, snowflake) for the sake of the economy.
    Trump has been saying this from the beginning. Basically wishing we all just get it and move on, so the economy wouldnt take a hit and he could get re-elected. Which is really all he cares about, staying in power

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I only watch about 5 minutes of each daily briefing and Trump melts down every single time

he either loves these moments or he hates them

I can't tell which

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thoughts and prayers. I'd love to see the algorithm that predicts NY/NJ deaths stabilizing while new cases are completely out of control.
    Here's how I'm projecting, working off the worst case scenario in the world (Italy):

We're 10 days behind Italy as the saying goes. March 14th, they were at 3500 new cases. This case count per day held firm (give or take a couple hundred each way) until the 19th where it ed to 4200 new cases. This proved to be their inflection point. Next day 5300, then 5900, peaking at 6500, and then stated to decline. The combined new case count since the inflection point was 40K over a week long period, or about 5700 new cases per day.

New York has been holding firm at about 5Kish new cases per day over the past few days. As I showed above, Italy experienced a brief leveling off (3500 per day) before their inflection point and peak. So let's assume NY's inflection point is 3 days away. If their leveling off holds for 3 days, we can expect about 50ish new deaths each day. Then we can expect growth. The growth rate for Italy's case count was 60 percent over that 7 day period (3500 to 5700 average). If New York has a 60 percent growth rate during the week after their inflection point, we can expect an average daily case count of 8000 with a peak of 9400.

If this math holds, we can expect NY's death count to rise to about 80 per day (8000 x 1 percent morality rate) over that period. Not sure why expect New York's base mortality rate to rise much from 0.9 percent into the Italy territory of 10 percent, when we see that Italy has many factors that contribute to a higher mortality rate. Older population, lived in one of the most polluted areas in Europe, chronic smokers. Remember, they die from the flu at a 10x higher rate than Americans. Respiratory illnesses don't seem kind to their population.

I used this same logic for NJ and added their numbers in.

That's my algo and I'm sticking to it. Again, let's hope I'm right. 700-1000 deaths per day would basically be Armageddon for the city.

Thread Information