Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "speculation has percolated on internet" lol
    dailycaller assholes are percolated, over-caffeinated conspiracy theorists and Trash fellators.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks I'll look through it.
    i'm pretty sure we've all looked through those same US codes for different purposes... including your ELE bet (which was determined by 50 USC 1802)

i mean its another thing if you're going to claim that they outright violated FISA and put an illegal tap on trump... but then that would have nothing to do with le I vs le VII

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    "speculation has percolated on internet" lol
    "Internet sleuths drew attention to a March 11, 2016 press release from the Justice Department that described an FBI undercover employee who bugged Sporyshev, the Russian trade representative."

lol "internet sleuths"

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    here's my rebuttal, TSA

https://legcounsel.house.gov/Comps/F...0Of%201978.pdf

this is the entire FISA act (all of these subsections are now in what we call the US Code. le I is all there, (50 USC 1801 through 50 USC 1812). thats everything to do with FISA le I. nothing in those codes say what sundance says. there's my rebuttal, unless im missing something
    Read the sections. Nothing in there details the reach of le I surveillance so it neither proves or disproves the claims made by sundance.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Page says he wasn't so I guess we now take him for his word? Or is he still a liar?
    I took the reports at their respective words. Page was Male-1. UCE-1 was someone else.

Pretty simple.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

Obama getting dragged into this from the released text messages.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    lol explosive

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    FBI lying on FISA application is pretty explosive.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    "How much of this was engineered by the Clinton campaign from start?"

lol

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    FBI lying on FISA application is pretty explosive.
    I'll believe that when I see it.

What do you think the end game for all these not-actual-committee-actions from these committee members is, TSA?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I'll believe that when I see it.

What do you think the end game for all these not-actual-committee-actions from these committee members is, TSA?
    How do you plan on seeing the FISA application?

I don't think the actions from the house and senate are an end game at all but rather the start of getting the public primed for all of the abuses uncovered in the upcoming OIG investigation report.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read the sections. Nothing in there details the reach of le I surveillance so it neither proves or disproves the claims made by sundance.
    see, this is why you're full of . they can only directly surveil the named target. they cant go back and say "oh well this guy talked to trump 8 months ago, so now we have the green light to surveil trump himself!"

it doesn't say "the facilities or places at which the electronic surveillance is directed or being used, or is about to be used by any contact (past or present) of the target

(a)Submission by Federal officer; approval of Attorney General; contentsEach application for an order approving electronic surveillance under this subchapter shall be made by a Federal officer in writing upon oath or affirmation to a judge having jurisdiction under section 1803 of this le. Each application shall require the approval of the Attorney General based upon his finding that it satisfies the criteria and requirements of such application as set forth in this subchapter. It shall include—(1)the iden y of the Federal officer making the application;

(2)the iden y, if known, or a description of the specific target of the electronic surveillance;

(3)a statement of the facts and cir stances relied upon by the applicant to justify his belief that—

(A)the target of the electronic surveillance is a foreign power or an agent of a foreign power; and

(B)each of the facilities or places at which the electronic surveillance is directed is being used, or is about to be used, by a foreign power or an agent of a foreign power;

(4)a statement of the proposed minimization procedures;

(5)a description of the nature of the information sought and the type of communications or activities to be subjected to the surveillance;

(6)a certification or certifications by the Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs, an executive branch official or officials designated by the President from among those executive officers employed in the area of national security or defense and appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate, or the Deputy Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, if designated by the President as a certifying official—(A)that the certifying official deems the information sought to be foreign intelligence information;

(B)that a significant purpose of the surveillance is to obtain foreign intelligence information;

(C)that such information cannot reasonably be obtained by normal investigative techniques;

(D)that designates the type of foreign intelligence information being sought according to the categories described in section 1801(e) of this le; and

(E)including a statement of the basis for the certification that—(i)the information sought is the type of foreign intelligence information designated; and

(ii)such information cannot reasonably be obtained by normal investigative techniques;

(7)a summary statement of the means by which the surveillance will be effected and a statement whether physical entry is required to effect the surveillance;

(8)a statement of the facts concerning all previous applications that have been made to any judge under this subchapter involving any of the persons, facilities, or places specified in the application, and the action taken on each previous application; and

(9)a statement of the period of time for which the electronic surveillance is required to be maintained, and if the nature of the intelligence gathering is such that the approval of the use of electronic surveillance under this subchapter should not automatically terminate when the described type of information has first been obtained, a description of facts supporting the belief that additional information of the same type will be obtained thereafter.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/50/1804

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    inb4 but it doesnt explicitly say they CANT do that so i'm going to give sundance benefit of the doubt because he generally seems to know what he's talking about

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    see, this is why you're full of . they can only directly surveil the named target. they cant go back and say "oh well this guy talked to trump 8 months ago, so now we have the green light to surveil trump himself!"

it doesn't say "the facilities or places at which the electronic surveillance is directed or being used, or is about to be used by any contact (past or present) of the target

(a)Submission by Federal officer; approval of Attorney General; contentsEach application for an order approving electronic surveillance under this subchapter shall be made by a Federal officer in writing upon oath or affirmation to a judge having jurisdiction under section 1803 of this le. Each application shall require the approval of the Attorney General based upon his finding that it satisfies the criteria and requirements of such application as set forth in this subchapter. It shall include—(1)the iden y of the Federal officer making the application;

(2)the iden y, if known, or a description of the specific target of the electronic surveillance;

(3)a statement of the facts and cir stances relied upon by the applicant to justify his belief that—

(A)the target of the electronic surveillance is a foreign power or an agent of a foreign power; and

(B)each of the facilities or places at which the electronic surveillance is directed is being used, or is about to be used, by a foreign power or an agent of a foreign power;

(4)a statement of the proposed minimization procedures;

(5)a description of the nature of the information sought and the type of communications or activities to be subjected to the surveillance;

(6)a certification or certifications by the Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs, an executive branch official or officials designated by the President from among those executive officers employed in the area of national security or defense and appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate, or the Deputy Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, if designated by the President as a certifying official—(A)that the certifying official deems the information sought to be foreign intelligence information;

(B)that a significant purpose of the surveillance is to obtain foreign intelligence information;

(C)that such information cannot reasonably be obtained by normal investigative techniques;

(D)that designates the type of foreign intelligence information being sought according to the categories described in section 1801(e) of this le; and

(E)including a statement of the basis for the certification that—(i)the information sought is the type of foreign intelligence information designated; and

(ii)such information cannot reasonably be obtained by normal investigative techniques;

(7)a summary statement of the means by which the surveillance will be effected and a statement whether physical entry is required to effect the surveillance;

(8)a statement of the facts concerning all previous applications that have been made to any judge under this subchapter involving any of the persons, facilities, or places specified in the application, and the action taken on each previous application; and

(9)a statement of the period of time for which the electronic surveillance is required to be maintained, and if the nature of the intelligence gathering is such that the approval of the use of electronic surveillance under this subchapter should not automatically terminate when the described type of information has first been obtained, a description of facts supporting the belief that additional information of the same type will be obtained thereafter.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/50/1804
    Do you believe only Carter Page’s communications were picked up when he was being directly surveilled?

We aren’t going to find the answer to this in the US code and would need someone in law enforcement to explain the reaches and uses of le I surveillance.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How do you plan on seeing the FISA application?
    Exactly.

I don't think the actions from the house and senate are an end game at all but rather the start of getting the public primed for all of the abuses uncovered in the upcoming OIG investigation report.
    What is the end game of uncovering "all the abuses" for Republicans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you believe only Carter Page’s communications were picked up when he was being directly surveilled?
    i mean its another thing if you're going to claim that they outright violated FISA and put an illegal tap on trump... but then that would have nothing to do with le I vs le VII
    We aren’t going to find the answer to this in the US code and would need someone in law enforcement to explain the reaches and uses of le I surveillance.
    is sundance someone in law enforcement who can explain the reaches and uses of le I surveillance?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who does this sound like? (Read thread)

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So the narrative is Obama tried to influence the election against Trump by having the FBI wait until Carter Page was no longer with the Trump campaign to legally acquire a permit to monitor him two weeks before election day.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    is sundance someone in law enforcement who can explain the reaches and uses of le I surveillance?
    HE ALREADY DID

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the narrative is Obama tried to influence the election against Trump by having the FBI wait until Carter Page was no longer with the Trump campaign to legally acquire a permit to monitor him (their own employee) two weeks before election day.
    fify

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah, and they intentionally misrepresented him as two different people in federal court because they knew he would be working for the Trump campaign years later.

That is some deep Deep State right dere.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I don't know what his background is but he seems more knowledgeable on the subject than you. The reaches and uses of le I surveillance are not going to be found in US code as you found out for yourself.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    So the narrative is Obama tried to influence the election against Trump by having the FBI wait until Carter Page was no longer with the Trump campaign to legally acquire a permit to monitor him two weeks before election day.
    Not sure where you came up with that narrative.

The narrative is that Carter Page was used to continue surveillance after Manfort's expired and the 702 about queries were shut down by Adm. Rogers. The Carter Page warrant also retroactively made legal all of the 702 about queries that were revealed in the FISC audit.

Thread Information