Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What Betsy DeVos Didn't Say About School Choice

Charter schools have fueled school resegregation in urban America.

one topic never came up: American schools’ deeply entrenched racial segregation.

“Both historically and currently, voucher programs have served as a means for wealthier and white families to flee an increasingly diverse public school system, moving into largely unaccountable private schools that can exclude students based on a number of factors.”

an increasing body of research suggests these concerns should not be isolated to vouchers, but to school-choice programs of all kinds: Nationwide, school-choice programs—such as charter schools and open-enrollment options—have pushed more low-income, minority students into even more racially segregated schools.

https://www.theatlantic.com/educatio...choice/513641/

Certainly, in the red/slave states, "school choice" is code word for keeping knitters in horrible, underfinanced schools and out of decent white schools.

And DeVos' Detroit urban charter schools are a disaster, for profit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elizabeth Warren just absolutely scorched Trump’s Treasury pick with one tweet

he left out $100 million in assets on the financial disclosure form he submitted, as is required for cabinet nominees.

According to the Washington Post, Mnuchin’s missing $100 million is attributed to a corporation in the Cayman Islands, which is perhaps the most notorious overseas tax haven in the world.

Mnuchin spokeswoman Tara Bradshaw told the Post that the omission of the Cayman corporation’s assets was an oversight, and that the paperwork has since been changed to reflect the $100 million.

Elizabeth Warren
    @SenWarren

When Mnuchin makes mistakes on complicated paperwork, he asks for forgiveness.

When his customers made mistakes, he took their homes.

10:50 AM - 19 Jan 2017

http://usuncut.com/politics/elizabet...mnuchin-tweet/

I M Ultimate Badass Quadzilla99's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What Betsy DeVos Didn't Say About School Choice

Charter schools have fueled school resegregation in urban America.

one topic never came up: American schools’ deeply entrenched racial segregation.

“Both historically and currently, voucher programs have served as a means for wealthier and white families to flee an increasingly diverse public school system, moving into largely unaccountable private schools that can exclude students based on a number of factors.”

an increasing body of research suggests these concerns should not be isolated to vouchers, but to school-choice programs of all kinds: Nationwide, school-choice programs—such as charter schools and open-enrollment options—have pushed more low-income, minority students into even more racially segregated schools.

https://www.theatlantic.com/educatio...choice/513641/

Certainly, in the red/slave states, "school choice" is code word for keeping knitters in horrible, underfinanced schools and out of decent white schools.

And DeVos' Detroit urban charter schools are a disaster, for profit.
    Find some stats on this academic segregation..actually seems interesting. Go find the data and copypasta it here and make yourself useful for once.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elizabeth Warren just absolutely scorched Trump’s Treasury pick with one tweet

he left out $100 million in assets on the financial disclosure form he submitted, as is required for cabinet nominees.

According to the Washington Post, Mnuchin’s missing $100 million is attributed to a corporation in the Cayman Islands, which is perhaps the most notorious overseas tax haven in the world.

Mnuchin spokeswoman Tara Bradshaw told the Post that the omission of the Cayman corporation’s assets was an oversight, and that the paperwork has since been changed to reflect the $100 million.

Elizabeth Warren
    @SenWarren

When Mnuchin makes mistakes on complicated paperwork, he asks for forgiveness.

When his customers made mistakes, he took their homes.

10:50 AM - 19 Jan 2017

http://usuncut.com/politics/elizabet...mnuchin-tweet/

I sure hope you losers run Warren next time.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Fauxcahontas is a less likeable, less competent, and less accomplished version of Hillary. Please nominate her in 2020, libs!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liz emasculated yˋallsˋ criminal, predatory Shylock, es.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liz emasculated yˋallsˋ criminal, predatory Shylock, es.
    Please run her for President!!!!!

#boocirclingthedrain

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mnuchin and devos have come across horribly. sessions actually held up surprisingly well even though he faced the most heat coming in

lindsey grahams questioning of the naacp dude during the sessions hearing was a pretty savage beatdown though ...
    Last edited by spurraider21; 01-21-2017 at 04:55 PM.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's pretty much you too, CN.

you're the mirror image of boutons...rigidly ideological, humorless, unpleasant and socially inept.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Betsy DeVos Won’t Shed Stake in Biofeedback Company, Filings Show

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/20/b...s&emc=rss&_r=0

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    better than all the "media" combined, Sam, John, Trevor, etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8okdzcz7PTM

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Betsy DeVos Won’t Shed Stake in Biofeedback Company, Filings Show

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/20/b...s&emc=rss&_r=0
    + the Conway girl stated this morning that Trump will not release his tax returns.

That ought to get ya goin, Bouts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These Asian girls are the ones being discriminated against most in college admissions - all for the sake of diversity instead of merit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These Asian girls are the ones being discriminated against most in college admissions - all for the sake of diversity instead of merit.
    godDAM, you're ing stupid.

Asian culture, East and South, values education more than you rightwingnutjobs who mostly don't go to college or anything higher than HS.

Asians in general have better grades, AP work than whites, are in college in higher %age than their population %age.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    godDAM, you're ing stupid.

Asian culture, East and South, values education more than you rightwingnutjobs who mostly don't go to college or anything higher than HS.

Asians in general have better grades, AP work than whites, are in college in higher %age than their population %age.
    Please remember who you are talking to, bou. I've been through most of the #1 math team in the nation (mostly Asians) put on the waiting list at WashU while lesser (Hispanic and Black) students getting acceptances with full rides. Ironic isn't it - when these Asian students are peer tutoring the others who get in based on the color of their skin and the peer tutors get refused on the color of their skin.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Few Thoughts on Mike Flynn

US counter-intelligence agents have been scrutinizing

Trump National Security Advisor Michael Flynn's contacts with Russia, both during the presidential campaign and on the crucial date of December 29th, 2016, the day President Obama leveled a series of new sanctions on Russian in response to their election year subversion campaign.

"It isn’t clear when the counterintelligence inquiry began, whether it produced any incriminating evidence or if it is continuing. Mr. Flynn, a retired general who became national security adviser with Mr. Trump’s inauguration, plays a key role in setting U.S. policy toward Russia."

this is an almost belief-defying set of facts.

To do his or her job the National Security Advisor must have access to literally all of the US government's secrets. Their role is to bring together and synthesize the information coming from every part of the US government touching on national defense, security and diplomacy.

The Pentagon, the various intelligence services, diplomacy emerging from the State Department - the NSC Advisor must have a full view into all of those.

Nothing can be secret or hidden from the them because what is secret from the National Security Advisor is essentially secret from the President.

Any restrictions on the National Security Advisor's right to know, let only any question about his loyalty or ties to foreign governments, makes his position untenable. In terms of the impracticality of the situation, as opposed to the consequences, it is almost tantamount to the President himself being under such scrutiny.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/a-few-thoughts-on-mike-flynn?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_ca mpaign=Feed%3A+tpm-news+%28TPMNews%29

Putin is laughing his ass off. America is such a naive pushover, so easy to hack, so easy to subvert. Nostrovia, Vlad, you da best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Rubio is going to support Tillerson, so that should lock him in as our next SoS.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Rubio is going to support Tillerson, so that should lock him in as our next SoS.
    Sanctions on Russia terminated, Tillerson gets his $500B gas/oi. deal with Pootin, enriching America's arch-enemy by $Ts.

Thanks, Repugs!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes sense. Carson came across fine in his hearing, and surprisingly I thought sessions held up well. Devos and mnuchin (spelling?) worry me

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's swamp creature Tom Price lies his way through second hearing on the way to confirmation

More details have emerged about the most troublesome purchase of more than $100,000 worth of stock in the Australian biotech firm Innate Immunotherapeutics in 2016, a purchase he failed to properly disclose.

On a financial disclosure Price provided to the Office of Government Ethics in December, he listed the value of his stake in Innate Immunotherapeutics in the category of "between $15,001 and $50,000." This failed to include his second purchase of stock at a special price that was available to 18 investors they selected, including two members of the company's board. He has since estimated that stake to be worth "between $100,001 and $250,000" at the time he filed his disclosure on Dec. 20. The value of his holding in the little-known Australian company has since increased by more than 100 percent.

Price learned about Innate Immunotherapeutics from Rep. Chris Collins (R-N.Y.), a member of the firm’s board, in early 2016. On Sept. 1, when the actual price of a share was $0.31, he purchased 400,613 shares at a price of $0.18 each, for an instant profit of $57,080. Based on the current value of Innate Immunotherapeutics stock on the Australian market, the shares Price bought through this private placement are now worth more than $520,000—more than four times their value at the time of the purchase.

Substantially more, as well, than what he claimed in his disclosure a month ago. "Set aside the legal issues," said ranking member of Finance, Democratic Colorado Sen. Ron Wyden. "It is hard to see this as anything but a conflict of interest, and an abuse of positions."

Price says that his failure to correctly report the value of his stock is simply a "clerical error.

Other highlights of the hearing were Price disputing that he had ever said protecting the insurance patients with pre-existing conditions was a bad idea, as Wyden pointed out. Price was lying. In fact, he called it a "terrible idea."

Price also said in the hearing that he does not support privatizing Medicare, which was news to everyone in the room, since he talked about wanting to do that back in November of last year and in March 2015, and voted for it five times.

Price said that he would support the reauthorization of the Children’s Health Insurance Program not for the usual five years, but for eight. He voted against both reauthorization and/or efforts to expand the program in 2009, 2008, and 2007.

And this was pretty good, too: Price's apparently stunned reaction upon learning that being a woman was a pre-existing condition before Obamacare came along.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/0...28Daily+Kos%29

And Mnuchin's $100M "error" about his hidden money in the Caymans?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The State Department’s entire senior management team just resigned

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/josh-rogin/wp/2017/01/26/the-state-departments-entire-senior-management-team-just-resigned/?utm_term=.d910d37d372f&wpisrc=nl_most-draw7&wpmm=1

Thread Information