Page 25 of 1611 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935751255251025 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Putin used same table/distance few weeks ago when he met Hungary’s Viktor Orban and Iran’s president Raisi.

The Kremlin is nervous about the possibility of 69 year old Putin contracting covid and the political fallout if he should get seriously ill or die.
    6 feet distancing

Pretty standard a d smart tbqh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe scared of uranium poisoning?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm still "rootin' for the Putin" fart face.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still "rootin' for the Putin" fart face.
    Take your meds Alan!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These NATO re s think its a given Slavs will fight vs Russian slavs in Eastern europe. Its not a given at all. I could see many eastern european nations such as Slovakia easily switching sides as soon as conflict starts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These NATO re s think its a given Slavs will fight vs Russian slavs in Eastern europe. Its not a given at all. I could see many eastern european nations such as Slovakia easily switching sides as soon as conflict starts.
    They're innocuous though... what are they going to do, other than put out a presser? All those countries are just going to dance around to see what free they can get and from who.

The one sweating bullets is Lukashenko in Belarus. That's a true Russian ally, and has the most to lose if an armed conflict does happen. Nato isn't stopping in Ukraine, they had him in their crosshairs for a long ass time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I predict if Russia decides to invade the Ukrainian air force will be destroyed on the ground. Those pilots aren't stupid enough to commit suicide. The army will collapse just like in Afghanistan. Putin will win an almost bloodless victory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're innocuous though... what are they going to do, other than put out a presser? All those countries are just going to dance around to see what free they can get and from who.

The one sweating bullets is Lukashenko in Belarus. That's a true Russian ally, and has the most to lose if an armed conflict does happen. Nato isn't stopping in Ukraine, they had him in their crosshairs for a long ass time.
    U really think Germany or France or UK will send boots on the ground to defend Eastern Europe?

Much less the US

They are banking on fighting Russia to the last Eastern European subhuman

So in the end Slav brothers will probably easily give up or switch sides. Western europeans must be ting their Nancypants

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No ing way NATO gets in a ground war with Russia over "protecting" former Russian sattelites.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup also Biden already has green lighted Russian artillery and air force doing whatever they want. Biden said he will shut down Norstream 2 only if Russian boots cross the border.

Thats all russia needs to obliterate Ukraine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U really think Germany or France or UK will send boots on the ground to defend Eastern Europe?

Much less the US

They are banking on fighting Russia to the last Eastern European subhuman

So in the end Slav brothers will probably easily give up or switch sides. Western europeans must be ting their Nancypants
    They sent troops to holes like Afghanistan, Iraq, Qatar.... this is their own backyard, so yeah, I have little doubt they would. Plus the french especially have been thirsting for some war, since they develop and sell quite a bit of armament around the world.

That doesn't mean that if Russia goes in, they'll jump right in. But if economic sanctions don't bear fruit, there's going to be pressure mounting up over time, especially having Russia back near their borders. And the optics here in the US are going to be horrible as well, so it's only a matter of time until we go full blown warmonger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No ing way NATO gets in a ground war with Russia over "protecting" former Russian sattelites.
    It won't initially, I don't think. They don't have to. But if the economic sanctions don't end up having a bite, this can escalate pretty quickly.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NATO gonna take Ukraine and Belarus

Ukraine has already been abandoned. The only question is does Putin take it by force or "peacefully" collapse the govt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need to see beyond the territorial dispute, and look at balance of power. If Russia can skirt the sanctions, it will be in large part thanks to China.

That leaves the US in a weak position, with two well known antagonists. It's just a matter of time until some general claims the Taiwanese got attacked with Mus gas, and we're embroiled in a major conflict.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They sent troops to holes like Afghanistan, Iraq, Qatar.... this is their own backyard, so yeah, I have little doubt they would. Plus the french especially have been thirsting for some war, since they develop and sell quite a bit of armament around the world.

That doesn't mean that if Russia goes in, they'll jump right in. But if economic sanctions don't bear fruit, there's going to be pressure mounting up over time, especially having Russia back near their borders. And the optics here in the US are going to be horrible as well, so it's only a matter of time until we go full blown warmonger.
    I disagree. We will sit back and talk about all the sanctions we are putting in place to "punish" them for their aggression but we aren't sending troops. Putin is in the driver's seat on this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NATO gonna take Ukraine and Belarus

Ukraine has already been abandoned. The only question is does Putin take it by force or "peacefully" collapse the govt.
    Nato will take both if there's an actual armed conflict. This is not complicated, if you won in Ukraine, taking Belarus isn't all that complicated as a follow-through.

We've seen this happen as a result of the cold war as well, where it wasn't just western germany that splintered, a lot of these states started their own independence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need to see beyond the territorial dispute, and look at balance of power. If Russia can skirt the sanctions, it will be in large part thanks to China.

That leaves the US in a weak position, with two well known antagonists. It's just a matter of time until some general claims the Taiwanese got attacked with Mus gas, and we're embroiled in a major conflict.
    Taiwan is toast too. We would get our ass kicked if we tried to stop it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree. We will sit back and talk about all the sanctions we are putting in place to "punish" them for their aggression but we aren't sending troops. Putin is in the driver's seat on this one.
    I agree in the short term, and I made that clear in my post. But that's only a sound strategy as long as the sanctions work. If they don't, this isn't Crimea, which is a remote region from Nato. This is Russia reaching down to Poland, right next to Germany.

This is what we 'fought' the Cold War for. We're basically going back to that. This time, Russia has an open ally in China. That has some severe balance of power consequences.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nato will take both if there's an actual armed conflict. This is not complicated, if you won in Ukraine, taking Belarus isn't all that complicated as a follow-through.

We've seen this happen as a result of the cold war as well, where it wasn't just western germany that splintered, a lot of these states started their own independence.
    You are ing dreaming. NATO can't beat Russia in their back yard in a conventional engagement. The whole defense plan against a Major cold war USSR incursion involved tactical nukes and they arent going to there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taiwan is toast too. We would get our ass kicked if we tried to stop it.
    The US is the #1 exporter of weapons, and has way, way more to lose here than just Taiwan. Again, this isn't about territories, it's about finding an excuse to tilt the balance of power again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are ing dreaming. NATO can't beat Russia in their back yard in a conventional engagement. The whole defense plan against a Major cold war USSR incursion involved tactical nukes and they arent going to there.
    Russia isn't what it used to be in the Cold War either, but now they have assistance from China. What do you think it's going to happen? I don't see an exit here, and the last thing I see is the US relinquishing supremacy without a fight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The US is a declining power just like Great Britain and France in the 1800s early 1900s and the sooner we realize it the better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The US is a declining power just like Great Britain and France in the 1800s early 1900s and the sooner we realize it the better.
    It doesn't matter what we realize. There's going to be a cowboy that promises to fight back because 'Murica, and everyone and their mother are going to vote for him.

I can't even tell you I agree with that, but I know enough of this country to be pessimistic about it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Armed conflict between who? NATO isn't going to fight for Ukraine and Putin isn't going to invade a NATO member.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the main reasons Russia quit Afghanistan was that Russian this or ing about too many Russian Sons Lost

Putin obviously would win over Ukraine but how much Capital will he lose with the Russian people who will lose thousands of their people

Thread Information