Page 25 of 91 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see why people would not want Lopez. It probably hurts the relationship with Collins, probably lose that asset by the end of the year, and even though Lopez is much better, he's so much older and less mobile.

But just imagine his iq and length and strength with Wemby. The potential to smother teams and just snuff them out is very tempting.

But I see each side enough that I'm okay with either result. Prefer to have him ... But can see the upside in a longer term Collins.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there' room for both Collins and Lopez. There's about 4000 centre minutes available per year, which is about what they combined for last year. If Lopez gets a cut in minutes down to 26 a game, and Zach plays 22, the position is covered in year 1 with Wemby as a four.

In year 2 / 3 of our Lord that might be an issue with a Wemby Sochan frontcourt hopefully emerging) but 2 centre lineups can work when there's shooting at at least one position so that the lane isn't clogged. Not a big issue from my POV, and Lopez is awesome as a drop big / space eater next to a generational rim pressure big man.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since Sochan can bring up the ball and Lopez, Wemby and Collins can all shoot and move, there is a huge lineup there that can really other teams up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lopez is a dream signing for two years. Is it possible he will take a bag of cash, knowing he is there just to protect Wemby?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lopez is a dream signing for two years. Is it possible he will take a bag of cash, knowing he is there just to protect Wemby?
    Something has caused Lopez to pause and not instantly accept Milwaukee's offer. From what I hear, I think it's actually an offer from the Rockets . . . but maybe the Spurs can sneak in there . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess the grizzlies weren’t on the NBAs email list when the new CBA was agreed to?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is an offer right.?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that legit?

The SA offer to Reaves?

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something has caused Lopez to pause and not instantly accept Milwaukee's offer. From what I hear, I think it's actually an offer from the Rockets . . . but maybe the Spurs can sneak in there . . .
    I could definitely see the Rockets overpaying and offering 3 years and the rest of their cap space which is around $23.6m. Depending on what they can offer in terms of annual raised an offer of 3/~$75M may be hard for Brook to turn down.

Read somewhere on Twitter Milwaukee’s offer was 3/$54M but that could be bull .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Listened to a Dunc'd On with Hollinger or LeRoux from a few days ago and they were talking about how doing the offer sheet for Reaves is where a great agent is important to get it done.

If that's true, then I wouldn't expect an offer sheet.

As I posted earlier, according to RealGM Reaves' agent normally does scrubs, his biggest success story is Jake LaRavia.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so money tied up to literally nobody just to mess with a team? The only team that would be messed with, is the Spurs here. Their is no long term hurting the Lakers implication here. They get back a future all star level guard anyway, and they’re not gonna get over the 2nd tax apron with that move because Lakers would only have to pay 12.4 mill the first two years. Which is a ridiculous steal for someone of Reaves’s talent.
    In 2017, Magic Johnson, their GM, was calling Uncle Dennis and giving him advice on how to screw the Spurs into trading Kawhi. It was clear tampering. This isn’t “messing with a team”, it’s revenge. It’s reaching into the pockets of an ownership group, not one of the wealthiest in the league, and costing them almost double the amount for their player, 3/4 of the amount after LeBron is likely gone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ the way Kawhi’s career is going the Spurs will have probably gotten his best years in the aggregate. Call the injury stuff godsmack or bad luck, but truth is outside the remarkable Raps seasons he hasn’t been the same

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so money tied up to literally nobody just to mess with a team? The only team that would be messed with, is the Spurs here. Their is no long term hurting the Lakers implication here. They get back a future all star level guard anyway, and they’re not gonna get over the 2nd tax apron with that move because Lakers would only have to pay 12.4 mill the first two years. Which is a ridiculous steal for someone of Reaves’s talent.
    It is a big brain move since we are targeting the same free agency (25-26). If Reaves is making close to 40 mil at that time ( Arenas Provision ), it only increases our chances of getting our target ( LAL is the no.1 free agent destination). It may also prevent LAL from assembling a contender. If they miss out on Brook and likes Reaves at close to that number then there is all upside. You also do him and his agent a favor, which could be beneficial in the future. You take every opportunity to screw the LAL because there are clear compe ive advantages.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brooks or bust.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 2017, Magic Johnson, their GM, was calling Uncle Dennis and giving him advice on how to screw the Spurs into trading Kawhi. It was clear tampering. This isn’t “messing with a team”, it’s revenge. It’s reaching into the pockets of an ownership group, not one of the wealthiest in the league, and costing them almost double the amount for their player, 3/4 of the amount after LeBron is likely gone.
    Kawhi at the Dodgers game is unforgivable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we really not gonna find out anything until next week?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Brook Lopez takes his times on his decision. I’m surprised there’s no news on D’Anglo Russel, Jalen Mcdaniels, Grant Williams, Dillon Brooks, and Christian wood, I guess teams are waiting for something to happen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m fine making the Lakers pay someone more and back up their talk. Reeves is a good player and if for some reason they don’t match we could always use him in a sixth man role.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can offer without locking ourselves up the next few days anyway. So no point rushing. (assuming we really do wanna offer) this way spurs will have flexibility (trades etc) and just offer the last minute once there's nothing left.
    So no need to be impatient. (assuming spurs do want him. Which we don't even know)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we got Cedi Osman finally, what’s next!?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs acquire Cedi Osman, Lamar Stevens and a second-rounder.

Stephens salary is $1,930,681

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you think Reeves fits, you offer what you are willing to pay. If LA matches, thems the breaks. Don’t try to screw LA just to screw them because you could end up with a contract you don’t really want.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you think Reeves fits, you offer what you are willing to pay. If LA matches, thems the breaks. Don’t try to screw LA just to screw them because you could end up with a contract you don’t really want.
    Imo, Rockets will most definitely throw 100/4 at him, I don't think he's worth that much.
    I wouldn't go over 80/4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lamar Stevens is bounded to be waived right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully both are waived

Thread Information