Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Im thinking the police have to sort things out at the scene.
    And the boyfriend is apparently not in jail...
    Family members talk to the police at the scene. Maybe his daughter needed him calmed down?

Time will tell I guess. When you do take the alleged action of choking someone, might need to think further about physical confrontation.
    pretty sure he meant the boyfriend got choked

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    mark adams to texas watch

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    pretty sure he meant the boyfriend got choked
    Yes.

Maybe the boyfriend was getting choked and daughter called 911 to get Beard set straight.
    All conjecture.

Now its Beard choking his fiancé.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    so basically, beard may or may not have choked one of any number of persons who may or may not want these charges dropped.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    so basically, beard may or may not have choked one of any number of persons who may or may not want these charges dropped.
    Charges have been filed.
    3rd degree felony assault.
    The disturbance arose from his home.
    Beard's lawyer said he is completely innocent.
    Going before a judge or magistrate in Travis County

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Charges have been filed.
    3rd degree felony assault.
    The disturbance arose from his home.
    Beard's lawyer said he is completely innocent.
    Going before a judge or magistrate in Travis County
    his lawyer's press statement stated that the complainant wants the charges dropped but that seems to contradict the protective order that was dismissed. lots of missing pieces that should start falling in place eventually. considering how serious these charges are, i can't see how UT could possibly let him coach for now.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    his lawyer's press statement stated that the complainant wants the charges dropped but that seems to contradict the protective order that was dismissed. lots of missing pieces that should start falling in place eventually. considering how serious these charges are, i can't see how UT could possibly let him coach for now.
    I don't think they can just be dismissed easily due to the nature of them.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think this is correct.
    Even if some family member recants on a story or something similar... the Austin Police might have found it egregious enough to charge him.
    And Travis County told him what he is charged with.
    Does anyone know if he has been released yet? bail??

I do know that Police hate this domestic stuff because it gets very complicated between members of families and friends with bad history.
    The Police themselves have to be careful because sometimes they get turned on.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I'm wondering now if when the call was made a cop actually witnessed the choke

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I thought I heard that beard left the scene of the choke and was arrested at another location. From talk radio

Post Count
    It's time to just wait for the details to actually be reported on instead of all the speculation. It's bad regardless, real bad.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    ^ says fiance

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    biting...

wtf...

strangulation is not enough...

mack brown and rick barnes loving this **** show

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    yeah, this is not looking good at all for beard. and none of this meshes with what the attorney said yesterday. there seems to be ample evidence to support the claim of domestic violence and i can see the DA moving ahead regardless of what the fiance might say after the fact.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    What is disturbing to me is the amount of individuals who discredit the female and believe Beard will eventually be found innocent and keep his job at UT. Regardless of the police report and physical evidence.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    What is disturbing to me is the amount of individuals who discredit the female and believe Beard will eventually be found innocent and keep his job at UT. Regardless of the police report and physical evidence.
    par for the course.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Glad I don't know anyone like that personally or see their posts.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What are you reading?

I am not getting that feeling at all.
    Maybe its because Beard's lawyer came out so vehemently saying it was completely off base.
    (Has he got evidence she bit and strangled herself?)
    The report that Blake posted does suggested to me this is very serious and quite possibly bye-bye.

Even if Beard's fiancé recants her initial statements the physical evidence suggests a physical confrontation and I bet Travis County does not just drop this.
    In fact I would bet Travis County might actually be planning for this possibility.
    But then again we have seen judges make mind numbingly wrong rulings lately so... new times...

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    What are you reading?

I am not getting that feeling at all.
    Maybe its because Beard's lawyer came out so vehemently saying it was completely off base.
    (Has he got evidence she bit and strangled herself?)
    The report that Blake posted does suggested to me this is very serious and quite possibly bye-bye.

Even if Beard's fiancé recants her initial statements the physical evidence suggests a physical confrontation and I bet Travis County does not just drop this.
    In fact I would bet Travis County might actually be planning for this possibility.
    But then again we have seen judges make mind numbingly wrong rulings lately so... new times...
    Hit up some of the Horns message boards.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Hit up some of the Horns message boards.
    Goof balls. Imo.
    Even if she did somehow goad him into strangling and biting her... Some strange sexual behavior asked for, he is still gone.

I am leaning toward he is gone by the end of the week.
    UT is not going to somehow save this guy. The only way is the lady recanting and being found insane and a pathological liar. Then one would have to question Beard's ability to assess people. Maybe she was trying to kill him... There is nothing in the arrest papers Blake posted that says anything about this possible cir stance.
    They have a big recruit coming in and Beard is suspended without pay. I dont see Texas doing recruiting by stepping into a home with Beard telling the parents what a wonderful program they are going to experience.

Honestly, I cant remember any program with a head Coach being accused of what Beard has done. Baylor basketball was an absolute train wreck with the murder, but the coach did not kill anyone. Baylor football was deviant in keeping kids who were criminals, but the coach did not actually rape or beat any women up. Coaches having affairs with women on the staff. On and on... A major program where the coach has been charged with 3rd degree felony assault of his fiancé? What?

It does not make sense that he remains coach at this time. Im trying to figure out how they possibly keep him and I dont see it right now.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Yeah, I believe he is gone no matter what. There is really no way to spin this in a positive manner with physical evidence and a police report.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    LojackExpress said... (original post) "He’s done at texas. Period… time to set sights on a new coach, rally around this team… they’re great.............."

Some idiots response.....

"I doubt it. Texas has a lot invested in this. Regardless of if it happened exactly as she says or not, I foresee a private payment of monies to her by some third party alumni with a very strict non-disclosure agreement being signed. She recounts her story at best or at worst refuses to cooperate with authorities which then puts the District Attorney at a significant disadvantage to pressing charging. She moves on, he moves on, business as usual. That’s how these things often work. Especially if he does have some form of audio showing her to be culpable as well. Like it or not, that’s how wealthy people handle business."

There are responses such as this all over Texas message boards.

Thread Information