Page 26 of 95 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said in the game thread, this kid would be a superstar in the 90's.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is the Nov. 11th matchup?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could be a superstar now once he hits them 3’s. His ceiling is better than Draymond imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is the Nov. 11th matchup?
    bucks. i already got my seats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draymond and adebayo are superstars now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like a great start to Sochan's career !!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draymond and adebayo are superstars now.
    We have a different understanding of the word "super"star, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have a different understanding of the word "super"star, tbh.
    You mean like Giannis level superstar? Who was sochan like in the 90s? Oakley? Rodman?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's hard to compare sochan to anyone from the 80's or 90's all that much because of how different the game is. all i know is that it's really an asset to have someone that can guard 1-5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know LDN is for Green but what does that mean ?
    Latter Day Ninja

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean like Giannis level superstar? Who was sochan like in the 90s? Oakley? Rodman?
    Most like Anthony Mason maybe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was thinking more on the lines of a young Kevin Garnett.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan is the new versatile Kawhi….. ( I pray )

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was thinking more on the lines of a young Kevin Garnett.
    So you thinking a young Garnett would be what sochan is now or what sochan would project to be?

Like, the second or third best PF of all time?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you thinking a young Garnett would be what sochan is now or what sochan would project to be?

Like, the second or third best PF of all time?
    I obviously don't think Sochan is as good as Garnett, but if he were to come out in the 90's he would have had way more hype coming up the draft. How many 6'9" guys with the offensive and defensive versatility of this guy do you know that came up in the 90's? The kid does everything well except hit the 3pt shot, which wasn't as important on that era.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I obviously don't think Sochan is as good as Garnett, but if he were to come out in the 90's he would have had way more hype coming up the draft. How many 6'9" guys with the offensive and defensive versatility of this guy do you know that came up in the 90's? The kid does everything well except hit the 3pt shot, which wasn't as important on that era.
    Anthony mason, John salley, comes to mind. It’s natural to have high hopes for young players, like all parents think their kids will be the next Jimi Hendrix because his/her favourite toy is a guitar, but I don’t see any Garnett in sochan. He is really adebayo Draymond type player and I’d be ecstatic if he could be that good. If he could be Garnett light the spurs don’t even have to tank for wemby.

Then again Walt Williams/Steve smith were magic 2.0, Clarence weatherspoon was the next Barkley anf harold minor was baby jordan. None of them became all stars, let alone superstars. They were more like regular rotation guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anthony mason, John salley, comes to mind. It’s natural to have high hopes for young players, like all parents think their kids will be the next Jimi Hendrix because his/her favourite toy is a guitar, but I don’t see any Garnett in sochan. He is really adebayo Draymond type player and I’d be ecstatic if he could be that good. If he could be Garnett light the spurs don’t even have to tank for wemby.

Then again Walt Williams/Steve smith were magic 2.0, Clarence weatherspoon was the next Barkley anf harold minor was baby jordan. None of them became all stars, let alone superstars. They were more like regular rotation guys.
    Anthony Mason was 6'5". Salley wasn't anywhere near as versatile as Sochan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Offensive versatility" By that you mean he can catch lobs at the basket and put them in? I wouldn't go bat crazy over his offensive versatility just yet. I know you have high hopes for this guy, but don't let your enthusiasm get the best of you. He looks like he may be a player who can get open under the basket by continually moving without the ball, but he's also had a few blocked under the basket. It.s way too soon to compare him with anybody good, great or indifferent. Meanwhile he is in a league of his own on hair styling for a rookie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Offensive versatility" By that you mean he can catch lobs at the basket and put them in? I wouldn't go bat crazy over his offensive versatility just yet. I know you have high hopes for this guy, but don't let your enthusiasm get the best of you. He looks like he may be a player who can get open under the basket by continually moving without the ball, but he's also had a few blocked under the basket. It.s way too soon to compare him with anybody good, great or indifferent. Meanwhile he is in a league of his own on hair styling for a rookie.
    By offensive versatility I mean pretty much anything but 3pt shooting. He is good to pretty good for his position in all of these areas: ball-handling, passing, playmaking, finishing, playing off-ball, short jumpers and pretty much anything that doesn't involve the long ball. And I'm not saying this because of this 4 games' sample size, that was just his scouting report coming out of collage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anthony Mason was 6'5". Salley wasn't anywhere near as versatile as Sochan.
    I thought mason was 6’7”. Dude guarded PGs to hakeem.

Salley was versatile, probably couldn’t dribble like sochan but can run the floor and shoot mid rangers just as good. Better post up game too. And he’s 6’11”. Laimbeer was 7’ tall and was plenty versatile on offence and defence. Horace grant was quite versatile too. Vlade divac, maybe not as versatile nor as good defensively but much better offensively. Shawn kemp was great but was much better offensively. Derrick Mckey. Detlef Schrempt. I wouldn’t call anyone superstars other than Shawn kemp and all of them were not as good as abedayo or Draymond, except maybe kemp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Id love pop to get a few more seasons to mold sochan into a defensive monster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JRich's reactions from the bench are funny to me. Seems like he was surprised that Sochan could do those things.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Few things I like about this.

1:25 - Jakob and J-Rich reaction on the bench they are like damn this dude is drilling turn-arounds now
    1.50 - The way he comes in to help against KAT once KAT commits to his move. He wasn't the reason for the turnover, but just reading the play and being a disruptor on D is awesome. Haven't had a guy like that since Kawhi.
    1.57 - The way Sean just starts laughing at the Spurs styling all over the T-Wolves was most Spurs fans watching the game

Thread Information