Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that's the case then they have two options 1) Trade AD or 2) Give Nola a pick near the top of this draft.

Edited to add: Status quo doesn't make it any better for them in the offseason either.

They can lick their wounds and accept that they are giving up a lottery pick and remember that it's not like they didn't get AD in that trade and it's not like they didn't win a * le. Why trade away two future picks to try and avoid giving up one this year? That's the risk they took and they did have early success, but they bet it would last a few years and it didn't. Works out great for NO. But a trade with the Spurs may get them in the play in at best, but the Spurs can't offer a package that makes them contenders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers are full screwed. Ain't nothin' fixing this mess.

LeBron is getting old and can't win games outright anymore.

Anthony Davis is a lazy, soft who has never really cared about basketball.

Westbrook will play hard but his head is thick as a brick.

They have no role-players who can carry games forward.

Their FO isn't good at picking out diamonds in the rough.

At least the Pels are only puttering around .500 so their draft pick may not be awful. But it's not like they draft that well.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird observation but AD the player would actually be a decent fit on this team. AD the headcase wouldn’t.

If there ever was a borderline game changer available it’s Davis not Westbrick. I’d be willing to offer them a couple picks and players that they can flip for better fits around James.

This won’t be a popular opinion but it’s worth a sniff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird observation but AD the player would actually be a decent fit on this team. AD the headcase wouldn’t.

If there ever was a borderline game changer available it’s Davis not Westbrick. I’d be willing to offer them a couple picks and players that they can flip for better fits around James.

This won’t be a popular opinion but it’s worth a sniff.
    AD is made out of glass... I wouldn't sniff on this offer but would kick the tires atleast.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Lakers had a pulse, they would think trade with those draft picks. But with them in a free fall, they need to stop the bleeding. If they trade on any level, it will be to sell their stars and rebuilt, not trades that prolong mediocrity.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AD is made out of glass... I wouldn't sniff on this offer but would kick the tires atleast.
    His glass body seems to have a direct correlation to being criticized and the amount of responsibility put on his shoulders. Some people aren’t equipped to play in a big market. AD is absolutely one of those people. James hasn’t done anything to take pressure off of him. Not that he should. But LA failing has pretty much landed in AD’s lap rather than James.

AD in SA would be a piece not necessarily the center piece with the strong play from Keldon and Vassell. He also wouldn’t take all the blame with a coach like pop to be a buffer between him and the media. I could see him playing a little more loose and being a nice fit on this team.

But obviously there’s some risk around that idea but no less risky than a late first round pick and a moving a vet or two for a borderline all star when healthy. Poodle j-rich and the hornets pick for AD would help both teams and LA keeps their 2 firsts. It’d never happen but I’d sniff it. LA is primed to be blown up and Poetl would be a great fit in LA. So would Rich.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why should we make a trade with the Lakers to help them out of the Westbrook trap? They can just waive him and eat some of that big salary . Lakers will never have a problem with retooling because they are the most attractive team for superstars in the league. So let them do it again without any help from us. If we have some players who are valuable to another team and need to be traded away from the Spurs, the FO (with a little help from our Spurs Talk gurus) can come up with some better ideas.
    For two unprotected firsts and maybe a pick swap it would be worth it. Lakers had plenty of problems retooling from 2013-18. Jerry Buss ain't walking through that door so those picks could be really good.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For two unprotected firsts and maybe a pick swap it would be worth it. Lakers had plenty of problems retooling from 2013-18. Jerry Buss ain't walking through that door so those picks could be really good.
    I think that ship has sailed.
    Lakers are starting to realize there's no way out for them, they need a full rebuild. They won't trade those picks just to get rid of Westbrook's expiring contract.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that ship has sailed.
    Lakers are starting to realize there's no way out for them, they need a full rebuild. They won't trade those picks just to get rid of Westbrook's expiring contract.
    Yeah probably but I'd still throw them an anchor when they're drowning if they're up for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the opportunity arises, we shouldn't hesitate to deal with them, as long as it's to our benefit. But as others have said, the chances of that happening are slimmer by the minute. Might be the only time in history I'm lamenting the Lakers' pitiful state of affairs.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the opportunity arises, we shouldn't hesitate to deal with them, as long as it's to our benefit. But as others have said, the chances of that happening are slimmer by the minute. Might be the only time in history I'm lamenting the Lakers' pitiful state of affairs.
    We should be rooting for the Lakers to get close to 0.500 so they get fooled into thinking they have a chance at contending.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I gotta admit Myles Turner and Buddy Hields production on a Pacers team which is exceeding expectations and winning has surprised me.

Turner is putting up 18-9 with 3 blocks shooting 50/37 FG and 3FG splits.
    Hield is at 19-5-3 on 47/41 splits.

Both playing really well off Haliburton as a playmaker. The Pacers two most used 5-man lineups (both with Turner and Hield in them) has a +21 and +22.7 net rating. Again smallish sample sizes (35 minutes for each lineup)

If they keep doing well I reckon Pelinka may take the bait.

Turner + Hield for Brick + 2 1sts (unprotected or minimally protected).

Turner
    AD
    LeBron
    Hield
    Beverley

Schroder, Lonnie, Reeves, Brown Jr. off the bench gives you some playmaking, scoring and defense off the bench.

Lakers biggest issue (shooting) is mostly solved with Hield and Turner in the SL. The Lakers defense is already around league average, their offense is dead last and one of the worst in recent history. You get rid of Russ's horrible efficiency which helps too and add Turner's rim protection.

Im doing that if im Pelinka. the 2 picks. Lakers will aways attract FA's. If im the Pacers im asking for the two 1sts to be unprotected and asking for Max Christie as well.
    Last edited by mystargtr34; 11-14-2022 at 12:06 AM.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, the West is wide open. Warriors can only fluke their way into championships due to opponents being injured or choking for so long. Who's the rest of the compe ion?? Portland ing Trailblazers? A Nuggets team who are talented offensively but can be toyed with on the other end, a one man band Dallas Mavericks? Grizzlies aint winning .

The Pacers package is better than the Spurs package of Jak + Richardson + McDermott for what the Lakers need unfortunately.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turner and Hield weren't getting them back into championship contention even if James and Davis were still superstars, which they no longer appear to be (although the latter remains closer than perception). No realistic trade is.

But, if they can't become run of the mill as opposed to bottom of the barrel bad, they run the risk of facing the ignominy of conceding an elite prospect to the Pelicans (though highly unlikely the league would embarrass the Lakers and help a Pelicans team that no longer needs it).

The proverbial rock and a hard place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turner and Hield weren't getting them back into championship contention even if James and Davis were still superstars, which they no longer appear to be (although the latter remains closer than perception). No realistic trade is.

But, if they can't become run of the mill as opposed to bottom of the barrel bad, they run the risk of facing the ignominy of conceding an elite prospect to the Pelicans (though highly unlikely the league would embarrass the Lakers and help a Pelicans team that no longer needs it).

The proverbial rock and a hard place.
    The league has nothing to do with, and no say at all in a pick swap acquired in a trade. This isn’t on the league, it was a bad trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The league has nothing to do with, and no say at all in a pick swap acquired in a trade. This isn’t on the league, it was a bad trade.
    I was referring to the draft lottery and my belief that the league rigs it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was referring to the draft lottery and my belief that the league rigs it.
    Yes, because the NBA loves the Spurs so much that they gifted us two HOF 7 footers 10 years apart at the #1 spot. GTFO. We couldn’t even pull a nationally televised game last year. That’s what the NBA thinks of the Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, because the NBA loves the Spurs so much that they gifted us two HOF 7 footers 10 years apart at the #1 spot. GTFO. We couldn’t even pull a nationally televised game last year. That’s what the NBA thinks of the Spurs.
    Are you off your meds again old man?

This is quite possibly the most egregious example of lack of reading comprehension I've encountered on this board, which is saying something.

I'll spell it out for you one last time. Even if the Lakers finish bottom few, because of the league's love of them and the Pelicans lack of urgent need for help, I'd expect them (league) to lessen the blow by dropping the pick a few spots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you off your meds again old man?

This is quite possibly the most egregious example of lack of reading comprehension I've encountered on this board, which is saying something.

I'll spell it out for you one last time. Even if the Lakers finish bottom few, because of the league's love of them and the Pelicans lack of urgent need for help, I'd expect them (league) to lessen the blow by dropping the pick a few spots.
    So, you think they fix the lottery. The fact that we got two HOF big men at #1 ten years apart, pretty much disproves that. The league has no real use for, or love of the Spurs,so why didn’t they magically rig the lottery those two years? Maybe your crazed conspiracy theories mean that you are off YOUR meds…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at this point i think the lakers are more likely to trade AD than those draft picks

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, you think they fix the lottery. The fact that we got two HOF big men at #1 ten years apart, pretty much disproves that. The league has no real use for, or love of the Spurs,so why didn’t they magically rig the lottery those two years? Maybe your crazed conspiracy theories mean that you are off YOUR meds…
    That was pre dynasty. The league's hatred (no less a source than Wojnarowski essentially said as much when they made the '13 Finals) is due to a combination of . . .

- Being ratings killers
    - Their unwillingness to be "partners" while at the top in terms of promotion
    - The invention of "load management" (Silver even called out Buford for this at a recent press conference, only to force a fake smile after a number of seconds had elapsed)
    Last edited by TD 21; 11-15-2022 at 06:22 PM.

Thread Information