Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm super excited for the games that Duncan sits, and this guy is at Center. I know he'll be up and down during those, but it'll be great to watch other teams fans themselves when he's jumping center.
    Just think, when Duncan sits you are starting Aldridge and West, with Diaw as the 1st big off the bench.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't see the need for D-League..I can buy that it could help him learn the system, but this dude isn't a rookie, hes an experienced played from a respectable league, I don't see the point of sending him down..

His experience in the NBA should come in the form of real compe ion where he has to defend the pick&roll against rotation players, get accustomed to the 3 seconds rule, defensive rotations against NBA systems and athletes, etc..

Preseason, garbage time and November/December games against the Phillys, New Yorks and Lakers of the league should suffice for initial experience..

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He won't go to the D-League unless it's specifically to play Sim Bhullar in some kind of Hulk vs. Thing matchup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fan doesn't seem to understand that this guy has played at a rather high level already. D-League? Please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great! He'll probably play about 10 minutes of total basketball this season, right Gregg?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have some RC in my house right now. That stuff's delicious. Big Red is disgusting, though.
    I'll take your word for it. Never had it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Full game of him against "baby shaq" Sofo: http://youtu.be/fa8RRToHF3I
    Last edited by kobyz; 07-11-2015 at 03:33 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you are in facebook, kindly join us and help me make this group livelier:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/spurshoops/
    No, no. no. I think you get your ass kicked saying something like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have some RC in my house right now. That stuff's delicious. Big Red is disgusting, though.
    Big Red does suck, had it last December and didn't think much of it. Could be a great mixer though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yao Ming ver 2.0

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The report said the Spurs offered Freeland the minimum. They gave BOBAN more than that.

Welcome. So ... how popular is Pop in Serbia? Is it popular knowledge that when Pop really starts dropping profanities that he includes a few Serbian words for good measure?
    Its hard to say how popular he is. Serbia is a basketball country(check out the pasion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZUqWnbLPGE ) so many people know about him as a great basketball mind. We respect greatnes, and Pop is great in every aspect of that word. He is no celebrity here, but when you ask someone about the best coaches in basketball, they will tell you: 1. Pop, 2..., 3...., 4 Obradovic, 5 Rivers, and so on. he is well respected here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big Red does suck, had it last December and didn't think much of it. Could be a great mixer though.
    Rick Riordan agrees with you.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How compressed of a schedule is Bobi used to? I could see a small handful of D-league assignments to get him used to relatively long travel and playing several games a week. But yes, the D-league is a step down from the compe ion he is used to, so in that respect a stint in Austin wouldn't be all that helpful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take your word for it. Never had it.
    It's red-flavored. 'Red' shouldn't be a flavor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sugar, water, purple.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How compressed of a schedule is Bobi used to? I could see a small handful of D-league assignments to get him used to relatively long travel and playing several games a week. But yes, the D-league is a step down from the compe ion he is used to, so in that respect a stint in Austin wouldn't be all that helpful.
    He played 76 games across three compe ions this past season(Serbian league, Adriatic League, Euroleague). He will also play at Eurobasket in September, so I wouldn't worry too much about him being in shape.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sugar, water, purple.....
    [YouTube:NuTjQLfU6Gk?t=1m38s]

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fan doesn't seem to understand that this guy has played at a rather high level already. D-League? Please.
    Many people in the US underestimate European basketball. Yes, statistic numbers are lower, but you have to consider that in Europe, we play 8 minutes less. That is almost a quarter of the game. Plus the floor is smaller, easier to defend. We have effective zone defense(no defensive 3 sec) in many forms. Its much harder to score or pump up the statistics.
    As a person who follows nba and euroleauge, i can say that top flight euroleauge teams can compete in the nba. Not to be contenders, but to fight for playoff in the east for sure.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry to keep being the Debbie downer, but I just watched big chunks of that game linked above to see how he looks in real games (and not just highlights) and must say I really do NOT see much of an NBA center. His feet are just WAY too slow, his movements too bersome, for the way the NBA game is played today. He gave up several easy buckets simply because he couldn't move his feet well enough defensively, and that problem will be magnified many times over at the NBA level. And forget about him defending pick and rolls or closing out on shooters, he simply will not be able to do it (and the defensive 3 second rule will also mess with him badly).

Hope I'm wrong, but I think he'll spend most of his time here at the end of bench before eventually returning to Europe. The slower Euro ball style is simply the better fit for him.
    Last edited by bobmc; 07-11-2015 at 05:43 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He played 76 games across three compe ions this past season(Serbian league, Adriatic League, Euroleague). He will also play at Eurobasket in September, so I wouldn't worry too much about him being in shape.
    86 with playoff, won 3 les, MVP in all three championship, broken many records in the Euro League... SA defense suited him.
    he can run, believe me

One nice move
    Last edited by BadboyHari; 07-11-2015 at 05:27 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    86 with playoff, won 3 les, MVP in all three championship, broken many records in the Euro League... SA defense suited him.
    he can run, believe me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I look forward to seeing this guy play Hibbert, who is infuriating for his stiffness and inability to rebound outside his position, but is still a smart player who is a good passer, etc.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering the limited options available, that he appears to have decent potential, exceeds true C size and the fact that, post Duncan they've got a major question mark at C, this appears to be a good signing.

Between injuries, blowouts and the odd Duncan and possibly West game off, there should be enough opportunities within' that to determine whether he's good enough to be in the league and good enough to be a rotation player the following season, when West is probably gone and Duncan could be retired.

Thread Information