Page 289 of 377 FirstFirst ... 189239279285286287288289290291292293299339 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,225 of 9402
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't seen anyone mention it but Matas agent is Michael Tellem who's brother, Arn, is the vice chairman of the Pistons. Could mean absolutely nothing though

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't seen anyone mention it but Matas agent is Michael Tellem who's brother, Arn, is the vice chairman of the Pistons. Could mean absolutely nothing though
    That's why every mock that has Matas making it to 5 has Detroit taking him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they go big/combo guard (Castle) or wing at 4, it'll be interesting to see what happens at 8 because I don't think they really want Dillingham or Topic, but value wise it'd be tough to pass at that point.

Well it’s happening so get ready
    For posterity's sake, I meant Claxton is likely to re-sign for 4/$80-100M with the Nets.

I could see the Spurs drafting one of Castle or Holland (probably the former), but not both.

Then you need to read more of my posts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Topic was my guy heading into this draft (i think his shooting will come along) but this latest knee injury leaves me out on him tbh. Maybe if you trade down from 8 to late lottery but absolutely not top 10 given the major knee red flags.
    I want the Spurs doctors to have a long and careful exam, but I'm not out unless they actually find a medical red flag. Until they find that flag, I figure he's still the best guard prospect in the draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't know why I waste my time with that manure.
    I don't know why you waste your time either...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing that will keep Topic stock high is the success of player like Jalen Branson

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JFC Locked On Spurs has to be the worst Locked On I've ever heard. Jeff Garcia is a , he makes so many factual errors every episode. His takes are blander that vanilla. He repeats himself. He still doesn't know the Spurs have the CHA(14) pick next year. His guests are just as ed as him. Today he had on Rudy Campos who gave his two Spurs picks as Topic & Dilly, said Knecht went to Tennessee for 4 years, and said Salaune could be the next Giannis. He's like the hater of NBA analysis and predictions

I don't know why I waste my time with that manure.
    I think the Locked on NBA Draft Big Board podcast back q couple of weeks ago had one of their rotating hosts make the Giannis-Tidjaune comparison but only in the fashion of an relatively unknown pf sized euro who played hard and could theoretically become the best player of the draft while not being drafted top 10 if everything worked out. The host emphasized that he wasn't saying he was Giannis, just comparing this draft to 2013 and how Giannis slipped to outside the lottery.

I presume that's where LoS got it from.

Fwiw, I listen to quite a few Locked On podcasts, but never to Locked On Spurs. Locked on Hawks is worth a listen and does a lot of draft content that's decent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Delete

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Locker on Spurs is borderline unlistenable. It feels like being 80% advertisement thus only listenable when being able to use the +30second button. Sometimes I try to find the interesting spots and nearly every time I'm underwelmed.

Small market Bias and SSPN it is!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why you waste your time either...
    Topic has literally zero in common with Brunson

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yea that was a odd comment lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Locked on NBA Draft Big Board podcast back q couple of weeks ago had one of their rotating hosts make the Giannis-Tidjaune comparison but only in the fashion of an relatively unknown pf sized euro who played hard and could theoretically become the best player of the draft while not being drafted top 10 if everything worked out. The host emphasized that he wasn't saying he was Giannis, just comparing this draft to 2013 and how Giannis slipped to outside the lottery.

I presume that's where LoS got it from.

Fwiw, I listen to quite a few Locked On podcasts, but never to Locked On Spurs. Locked on Hawks is worth a listen and does a lot of draft content that's decent
    No, Campos wasn't saying he could be drafted mid-1st and be the best player in the draft, he was literally comparing them as players. "He's 6'10". He's a freak, he could turn into a Giannis type player" is what he said

Maybe he got it there and didn't understand because he's the type of guy who looks up and down before crossing the road

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kobyz is a post/troll account. always has been. dont engage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing that will keep Topic stock high is the success of player like Jalen Branson
    Completely different players. Closest modern day comp to Topic is Ricky Rubio IMO.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honored to have witnessed your 7th post in 15 years btw

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't quote at me - I didn't post that bull ...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My initial thoughts:

1. Given the Spurs recent development track record, I don't know if I trust them drafting a raw prospect. Their young players didn't really improve this year and that's why the Spurs was still a bottom of the barrel team despite adding Wemby.

- Vassell: Improved last year but got injured. Managed to stay mostly health this year
    - Johnson: Efficiency peaked 2 years ago and seemed to have declined since then
    - Sochan: Didn't see much of an improvement year over year
    - Branham: Somehow looks worse this year
    - Welsey: Looks worse/didn't improve
    - Tre Jones: Small improvements in efficiency

2. For the #4 pick, would not want to draft anyone who can't play defense or shoot the 3. Would go with Risacher, Williams, or Sheppard depending on who is available and how many guards/forwards are left for #8. Would probably pick a forward here unless the Spurs are very high on Sheppard and he's available.

3. Depending on the #4 pick (guard or forward), would draft the best prospect of the other position. Probably Castle, Knecht, Dillingham, or Topic. Pretty low on Dillingham now seeing how he'll be such a vulnerability on the defensive end in the NBA. Topic will have to prove himself during the draft workouts to climb back up into contention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we should try to trade the 4th pick to Portland for their 7th & 14th. We could snag Edey with the 14th if Presti doesnt grab him with the 12th. We could still land a solid pg with the 7th pick and there are plenty of quality roll players at 8 & 14 that could arguably go top 10. There is just no clear cut player that u know is gonna be an allstar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My initial thoughts:

1. Given the Spurs recent development track record, I don't know if I trust them drafting a raw prospect. Their young players didn't really improve this year and that's why the Spurs was still a bottom of the barrel team despite adding Wemby.

- Vassell: Improved last year but got injured. Managed to stay mostly health this year
    - Johnson: Efficiency peaked 2 years ago and seemed to have declined since then
    - Sochan: Didn't see much of an improvement year over year
    - Branham: Somehow looks worse this year
    - Welsey: Looks worse/didn't improve
    - Tre Jones: Small improvements in efficiency

2. For the #4 pick, would not want to draft anyone who can't play defense or shoot the 3. Would go with Risacher, Williams, or Sheppard depending on who is available and how many guards/forwards are left for #8. Would probably pick a forward here unless the Spurs are very high on Sheppard and he's available.

3. Depending on the #4 pick (guard or forward), would draft the best prospect of the other position. Probably Castle, Knecht, Dillingham, or Topic. Pretty low on Dillingham now seeing how he'll be such a vulnerability on the defensive end in the NBA. Topic will have to prove himself during the draft workouts to climb back up into contention.
    First of all, how long do you think it takes to develop raw players? Two of those guys were in their second ing year. Jesus Christ.

Second, if you don't think Wesley and Branham were much different at the end of the year than they were at the beginning, I don't know what to tell you.

Spurs fans, man.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honored to have witnessed your 7th post in 15 years btw
    I thought the same thing lol. That's impressive dedication in not posting, especially for this place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drafting Topic and Buzelis (doesn't matter which order) is a recipe for disaster. Both still look somewhat raw and neither would make much of a difference for at least 2 years if that, given their backgrounds. Not a great strategy when you're trying to improve the team around Wemby. Do that and your best players drafted would be the 35th and 48th pick. That would really suck.

At minimum, in this draft stick with the safer picks and not reach. We really need to get at least 1 good player out of this draft - not someone who will towel wave for 2 years here or in Austin. We'll have plenty of picks next year. Same situation just better selection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Buzelis as the long-term PF who can hold down the bench position for a while. It seems like a player like him would be the answer to teams cross-guarding Wemby but without the same drawbacks that a guy like Edey would have.

I like Edey too but more in the scenario where the Spurs find themselves with a pick in the bottom third of the first round. Him playing with Wemby wouldn't be the main draw for me like it is for some people. I do think he could be the best backup center in the league and give the bench a focal point on offense. We don't know if he'd be bad in that role or not. As I said before, folks often mistake a player having weaknesses on D with them being a bad defender. Pau Gasol, even old, was a fantastic defender. So is Brook Lopez. Edey has the chance to be such a guy, and having 48 minutes of high-quality center play is worth a lot. Just not the fourth pick and honestly not the eighth either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First of all, how long do you think it takes to develop raw players? Two of those guys were in their second ing year. Jesus Christ.

Second, if you don't think Wesley and Branham were much different at the end of the year than they were at the beginning, I don't know what to tell you.

Spurs fans, man.
    Yet you want to draft two more unknowable teenagers with clear weaknesses and keep rolling on this lottery train in perpetuity. we can draft 4 more next year too!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes, and if we're projecting him as a defender, he HAS to be elite.
    Lu Dort’s wingspan is 6’8.75”. He’s a pretty elite defender without a 7’ wingspan. Wingspan is only a tool. Plenty of guys with high plus ratings aren’t as defenders. Dejounte Murray is a ing THIEF in the passing lanes with a 6’10” wingspan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The karma wheel turns slowly sometimes, but it always turns. Arn Tellem had a client who did what Marcus Morris did, but Arn was a willing accomplice, unlike Klutch. We had just lost Sean to kidney surgery n 1999, and no one knew if he could come back. We had a SF named LaMond Murray lined up during the dead period between 1 July and when the contracts could actually be signed, and you know the rest by the Morris reference.

Arn, it gives me great joy that your Pistons took it up the poop chute two years in a row by dropping from 1 to 5. you.

Thread Information