My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No thanks to Trevor Booker.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's literally a hard cap, as in you can't go over it no matter what, if you do certain things in that off-season. Using the non-taxpayer MLE is one of them. Getting a sign-and-traded player is another.
    Jeff McDonald quoting Paul Garcia on Twitter that they likely used taxpayer MLE. Makes literally zero sense. The hard cap is $20mm above where they currently are and are super unlikely to touch it. Much more likely to use BAE or other part of MLE.

These SAEN reporters are so damn lazy. If half my newspaper just got fired I’d work a little harder.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's literally a hard cap, as in you can't go over it no matter what, if you do certain things in that off-season. Using the non-taxpayer MLE is one of them. Getting a sign-and-traded player is another.
    wouldn't it be hard for them to get to the hard cap?

BAE wouldn't even have a roster spot if they keep Anderson and Bertans, and Porker even oinking at a Manu contract isn't that much

Maybe if Utah signs Bertans to a deal starting at 10 I guess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol no they don't... literally nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA chasing Boogie, lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Compe ive with what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff McDonald quoting Paul Garcia on Twitter that they likely used taxpayer MLE. Makes literally zero sense. The hard cap is $20mm above where they currently are and are super unlikely to touch it. Much more likely to use BAE or other part of MLE.

These SAEN reporters are so damn lazy. If half my newspaper just got fired I’d work a little harder.
    Nah, Garcia is usually correct and probably is correct here that SA left themselves the option of going over the apron. They will not do that this season, but it doesn't hurt. Though Paul may have meant non-taxpayer MLE if he was talking about the hard cap. You don't have to declare which one you use. If the contract would fit into the tax version, the NBA lets it go.

wouldn't it be hard for them to get to the hard cap?

BAE wouldn't even have a roster spot if they keep Anderson and Bertans, and Porker even oinking at a Manu contract isn't that much

Maybe if Utah signs Bertans to a deal starting at 10 I guess
    Yes, it would be hard, but not impossible. Tony, Kyle and Bertans getting big paydays combined with Leonard being traded with the team picking up salary or any other trades where SA gains against the cap would get them closer. Remember in 2015, the Spurs went from under the cap to over the tax in like one day of signings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

*sigh* Keith used to be on track for a legit career. But he's sort of fallen back since his Griffin leak didn't pan out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Compe ive with what?
    Lottery balls I'm guessing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, Garcia is usually correct and probably is correct here that SA left themselves the option of going over the apron. They will not do that this season, but it doesn't hurt. Though Paul may have meant non-taxpayer MLE if he was talking about the hard cap. You don't have to declare which one you use. If the contract would fit into the tax version, the NBA lets it go.

Yes, it would be hard, but not impossible. Tony, Kyle and Bertans getting big paydays combined with Leonard being traded with the team picking up salary or any other trades where SA gains against the cap would get them closer. Remember in 2015, the Spurs went from under the cap to over the tax in like one day of signings.

Got it, so they left themselves the option. Can decide to use more MLE later or have option to not be hard capped.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got it, so they left themselves the option. Can decide to use more MLE later or have option to not be hard capped.
    Yep. IF Garcia meant it exactly the way you heard/read it, then SA could use the rest and/or the LLE, which would lock them into the hard cap. But if they hold off on using either, then they can go over the apron through various ways and not trigger the hard cap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cavs general manager Koby Altman spoke to both Rich Paul and LeBron James over the phone at 12:01 a.m., sources tell ESPN.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Denver's cap situation is so ed up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Denver's cap situation is so ed up.
    It is. It was one thing when they kept paying mediocre guys when they were a playoff team under Karl. I can't rationalize them overpaying guys when they are on a streak of being in the lottery, though. When do you accept that your guys aren't worth it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Compe ive with what?
    Both Harris and Gallo would make a ton of sense IF we can ship out Mills and/or Gasol.
    Murray/TP
    Bellinelli/Walker
    Gallo/Gay
    Harris/Bertans
    LMA/TBD(Reed?)

Would not beat anyone in the playoffs, but at least, it would be a fun to watch, modern era team, not this old-school, slow team we had in the last couple years

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nik Stauskas agreed with Blazers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is. It was one thing when they kept paying mediocre guys when they were a playoff team under Karl. I can't rationalize them overpaying guys when they are on a streak of being in the lottery, though. When do you accept that your guys aren't worth it?
    Yep. Fully expect Jokic to be over 300lbs by training camp. They'll probably try to dump Millsap to a team with cap space and trade away their picks for the privilege, so they'll be locked into this line-up. Yuck!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both Harris and Gallo would make a ton of sense IF we can ship out Mills and/or Gasol.
    Murray/TP
    Bellinelli/Walker
    Gallo/Gay
    Harris/Bertans
    LMA/TBD(Reed?)

Would not beat anyone in the playoffs, but at least, it would be a fun to watch, modern era team, not this old-school, slow team we had in the last couple years
    Unfortunately Gallo's body has fallen apart, I don't think he ever plays more than half a season the rest of his career

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tank for Okafor... I mean sign Okafor for the minimum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we get the Manimal??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marcus Smart , Avery Bradley and the Manimal please.......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we get the Manimal??
    awful post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PG: Murray, Mills, White
    SG: Green, Manu, Belli, Walker, Paul
    SF: Kawhi, Gay
    PF: Aldridge
    C: Gasol, Metu

That's how our roster looks right now. I guess the Kawhi trade will involve múltiple SF's coming. And one of either Anderson or Bertans is coming back.

Thread Information