Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You dips giving that houston derp too much energy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I listen to the talking heads of the NBA and they still are saying Chet is the rookie of the year, although Zach Lowe said on his most recent podcast that Wemby is clearly the better, more talented player, it's just that he isn't putting up stats in meaningful minutes because SA is always losing and Chet's points mean something when it comes to winning. He did note that Wemby is doing amazing things in 27 minutes of play and if he can lead SA to some little run in wins that he might overtake Chet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking to acquire Embiid so he can drop 71 next time.
    LOL the way you looked to acquire Harden? The way you looked to acquire good free agents but the best you could do was to overpay Brooks? LOL

Harden took one look at your future and said NAH. Harden picked an old crippled Kawhi Leonard and said yeah that's better. The guy who couldn't outplay an old ass Manu and ruins every team he's on decided he was too good to waste his talents on your team. LOL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the end of the season there will be no controversy, I think. Wemby will separate himself enough of Chet as to leave no doubt who the RoY is.
    He already has, but you give too much credit to the media. You don't remember when they decided first month of the 00-01 season that Iverson was MVP and then refused to budge even though Shaq put up nearly 29/13/3 while taking the Lakers to the same record as the Sixers but in a much tougher conference? The media loves to make a pick early and then stubbornly stick with it instead of acknowledging their pick was wrong.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They also love to talk themselves into a "debate," like when Keith Van Horn was frequently mentioned as a ROY candidate against Tim Duncan because the Nets were the top seed in the East.

Fortunately the vote wasn't close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a win-win for Wemby.
    If he wins, it's a nice start to his trophy cabinet and a consolation prize for a ty season.
    If he loses, it will add more fuel to his fire.

I don't see how a voter could choose Chet over Wemby when it comes down to it. Also, I'd factor in who is most likely to win MVP? Chet will never be an NBA MVP. Wemby will, and sooner than most players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He already has, but you give too much credit to the media. You don't remember when they decided first month of the 00-01 season that Iverson was MVP and then refused to budge even though Shaq put up nearly 29/13/3 while taking the Lakers to the same record as the Sixers but in a much tougher conference? The media loves to make a pick early and then stubbornly stick with it instead of acknowledging their pick was wrong.
    Iverson at least led the league in pts and stls and like you said: got the same record, granted on a lesser conference, but with a much worse supporting cast too. Also, there was voting fatigue with Shaq. There can be no voter fatigue in RoY.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Besides the fact that we have the future GOAT on our team?

hmmm, who's your star?
    great point. the rockets are essentially at where the spurs were a few years ago when they had demar and an aging aldridge. they were stuck in average land with no viable future franchise player. sengun is a potential, occasional all-star but he's not a franchise player or superstar. everyone else is an uncertainty. that's a bad outcome for a team that spent so much time in the lower part of the lottery. the rockets project as a play-in team for the next few seasons and they hitched their wagon to van vleet and brooks. of course the spurs are in a better position because they have a franchise cornerstone and assets.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iverson at least led the league in pts and stls and like you said: got the same record, granted on a lesser conference, but with a much worse supporting cast too. Also, there was voting fatigue with Shaq. There can be no voter fatigue in RoY.
    I believe there is some "hype" fatigue when it comes to Wemby for certain pundits.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't take them serious, if none of them can even pronounce his name.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    great point. the rockets are essentially at where the spurs were a few years ago when they had demar and an aging aldridge. they were stuck in average land with no viable future franchise player. sengun is a potential, occasional all-star but he's not a franchise player or superstar. everyone else is an uncertainty. that's a bad outcome for a team that spent so much time in the lower part of the lottery. the rockets project as a play-in team for the next few seasons and they hitched their wagon to van vleet and brooks. of course the spurs are in a better position because they have a franchise cornerstone and assets.
    Except they own Brooklyn’s pick which is currently in the top 8. It behooves the Rockets to have the worse pick so they can swap with the Nets

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Can’t get back on defense and will chase an occasional block for a highlight

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet look demoralized going against him tonight. There should be no discussion. Wemby took his lunch money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was hoping for a big statement...got a small one. Stupid people, that can't pronounce his name will say, that OKC won so he deserves it.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby feasted on Chet tonight while Chet feasted on KJ/Sochan/Branham etc sorry asses

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Chet look demoralized going against him tonight. There should be no discussion. Wemby took his lunch money.
    Chet won the game

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Wemby feasted on Chet tonight while Chet feasted on KJ/Sochan/Branham etc sorry asses
    In garbage time.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby got double and triple teamed while Chet got the benefit of his teammate getting all the defensive attention, and Wemby still clearly outplayed Chet

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet won the game
    And? You're the loser Houston fan posting on a Spurs forum about the Thunder.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet won the game
    Houston lost to the Blazers

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rocket fan having to stoop to trolling a tanking team because his team is 20-23 while in win now mode You paid Fat Vleet and that tranny lover Brooks, how much again? djohn2oo8

Give me Victor over that tubby traffic cone Sengun as well. I'd say something about your 2021 #2 pick dry humping men, but I won't go that low so I'll just put his FG% for you to look at. 40.1%

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet himself knows he's the lesser player. Looks shook.
    Wemby sonned him all night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. If you look at the head 2 head, Wemby all over Chet.

Thread Information