Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    after this fight, probably not. your point?
    So Pacquiao is not ready for floyd. yet this is Pac's era..

you fail at trollin' me TheMACHINE's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^^ whats your point again?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    so this article came out in less then 24 hours ago...based on the last 6 years not counting the last 3 days after the marquez fight, it is pacs era.

if you want to make it Mayweather era for the past 3 days, then go ahead.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They are both from the same era. Manny was just missing in action and getting his ass kicked. Floyd has been a champ since 21. Manny was fighting back then, but he was getting knocked out.
    and during the past 6 years, manny whooped on floyds opponents and the rest of the division.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    My point is you pac fans were super confident about you're boy before saturday now all of sudden yall are back pedaling left and right.

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder how Fairweather fans missed this one?

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=4875455
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...-of-the-decade
    In addition, Pacquiao was also voted fighter of the decade (2000-09), beating out a star-studded group of nominees that also included Bernard Hopkins, Joe Calzaghe, Floyd Mayweather Jr., Shane Mosley, Juan Manuel Marquez and Marco Antonio Barrera.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Floyd might take this fight now because IMO he has been playing this like Sugar -Head did with Hagler. He was making excuses for years to avoid him until he saw Hagler had regressed enough that he felt he could win. Manny looked like . Floyd may now want the fight..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    My point is you pac fans were super confident about you're boy before saturday now all of sudden yall are back pedaling left and right.
    wheres the backpeddling?

and yes we were very confident about pacquiao based on the past 4 years. Whats wrong with that? its called "being real".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Floyd might take this fight now because IMO he has been playing this like Sugar -Head did with Hagler. He was making excuses for years to avoid him until he saw Hagler had regressed enough that he felt he could win. Manny looked like . Floyd may now want the fight..
    I agree with you there

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I dont see why you guys dont understad what TheMachine is implying. Its pretty clear that he is saying based on the past 5 years compared to Floyd, that Pacman was the top dog....and that clearly because of this fight, views can be changed. I dont see whats wrong with that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I dont see why you guys dont understad what TheMachine is implying. Its pretty clear that he is saying based on the past 5 years compared to Floyd, that Pacman was the top dog....and that clearly because of this fight, views can be changed. I dont see whats wrong with that.
    Thanks TG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder how Fairweather fans missed this one?

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=4875455
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...-of-the-decade
    In addition, Pacquiao was also voted fighter of the decade (2000-09), beating out a star-studded group of nominees that also included Bernard Hopkins, Joe Calzaghe, Floyd Mayweather Jr., Shane Mosley, Juan Manuel Marquez and Marco Antonio Barrera.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    wheres the backpeddling?

and yes we were very confident about pacquiao based on the past 4 years. Whats wrong with that? its called "being real".
    Fair enough. Although when i was keeping it real months ago yall jumped all over my ass. 1 person vs an army of pac fans.

good article here:

Reality Bites: Vicarious Vegas Weekend Leaves a Mark

http://www.boxingscene.com/reality-b...es-mark--46034
    Last edited by IronMaxipad; 11-15-2011 at 05:16 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Are you posting that for me? I'm not a Floyd fan. Pretty sure everyone is well aware of who won fighter of the decade. What is your point? Are you diminishing everyone else's career that was in the running and didn't win? I see some ATG's on that list..

Eat Tacos.Lift Stones. Dinamita's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    in the link YOU posted on the other thread.
    This one?

http://fighthype.com/pages/content11...2cfd69eae35c41

Pacquiao should leave top rank bob arum as of right now he's just a puppet

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Mayweather became the top dog of the welterweight division after he beat Oscar. No one has beat him since, or before. Manny moved up and he and Arum chose to fight everyone except the best fighter in the world. Whether they fight today or six years ago, Money has always been ten times better than JM. Manny can barely beat JM, Floyd dominated him.
    this would make sense if Manny didnt fight DLH, and Mosley too IN ADDITION to Cotto, Clottey and Margarito.

So Floyd DOMINATED Marquez in a decision. Can we also say that Manny DOMINATED De La Hoya in which Floyd got a Split Decision? Can we say that Manny dominated Hatton in two rounds?

Im not saying Mayweather sucks...but to say he's still on top cuz he fought Ortiz, Marquez, Mosley, Hatton and DLH in the past 4 year does not make any sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this would make sense if Manny didnt fight DLH, and Mosley too IN ADDITION to Cotto, Clottey and Margarito.

So Floyd DOMINATED Marquez in a decision. Can we also say that Manny DOMINATED De La Hoya in which Floyd got a Split Decision? Can we say that Manny dominated Hatton in two rounds?

Im not saying Mayweather sucks...but to say he's still on top cuz he fought Ortiz, Marquez, Mosley, Hatton and DLH in the past 4 year does not make any sense.
    this

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lets be honest. Cotto, Clottey and Margarito are all bums. Average fighters. Manny came along and beat up guys that Floyd already beat. If he wants to be, them best, he needs to beat the best.
    see heres what i dont get. Mayweather fans acts like Mayweather does NOT need to fight anyone to prove he is great.

"they're all bums..Mayweather WOULD them up."

Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda... IF's and just fight them and PROVE it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mayweather became the top dog of the welterweight division after he beat Oscar. No one has beat him since, or before. Manny moved up and he and Arum chose to fight everyone except the best fighter in the world. Whether they fight today or six years ago, Money has always been ten times better than JM. Manny can barely beat JM, Floyd dominated him.
    First off, you better stick to the Naruto forums and your garden and stay away from boxing discussions as much as possible. Floyd defeated JMM because he was simply the better counterpuncher and boxer. JMM is a classic counterpuncher, but if he was up against Floyd who's an excellent counterpuncher and defensive fighter.

People also forget that JMM trained the wrong way when he fought Floyd. He focused too much on gaining weight without working on his strength. IMHO, the reason why JMM is so compe ive this time around against Manny is because he made himself bigger and stronger for this fight. In short, he learned from his mistakes against Floyd really well.

Also, noob boxing wannabes forget the fact that JMM has been with Manny for 24 ing rounds. Both Manny and JMM simply know what the other guy is going to do because of the number of times they faced each other.

the Mayweather>Marquez>Manny analogy has long been debunked by Frazier, Ali, and Foreman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    see heres what i dont get. Mayweather fans acts like Mayweather does NOT need to fight anyone to prove he is great.

"they're all bums..Mayweather WOULD them up."

Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda... IF's and just fight them and PROVE it.
    People also forget that Mayweather ducked the fighters that Manny destroyed like Cotto and Margarito. IMHO, Margarito would wreck PBF if both guys fought one another.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lets be honest. Cotto, Clottey and Margarito are all bums. Average fighters. Manny came along and beat up guys that Floyd already beat. If he wants to be, them best, he needs to beat the best.
    Again, stick to the Naruto and Pakistani forums. Last I checked, PBF got a split decision win over DLH while Manny made him quit.

Also, I'd like PBF to take a stab at Cotto and Margarito. Even before Manny's meteoric rise in boxing, PBF has always ducked both Margarito and Cotto.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Six years ago, Manny was fighting at the 130 lbs. while PBF is already a full-blown welterweight. What I don't understand is why PBF is ducking a fighter who spent the first 13 years of his career in the 106-130 lb division.

PBF should have all the physical advantages against Manny, but what I'm seeing here is that he's just waiting for Manny to decline just a little bit before taking a fight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep talking out your ass, asshole. You dont have to listen to me, an expert on the sport... Manny's wife and his trainer will repeat what ive already said.

http://multimedia.foxsports.com/devi....htm?m_n=true#
    Floyd doesn't dominate opponents, he picks them apart. However, as good as Floyd is, he has never faced a fighter as quick, as strong, and as talented as Manny.

Ok, given that Floyd will be able to figure out Manny after two rounds, what would he do when his untested chin gets tagged by one of Manny's punches in the first two rounds? If Floyd got wobbled by an aging and no-so-quick Mosley, what do you think Manny would do to him?

Is Floyd quick enough to defend himself when Manny starts unleashing his bombs? Floyd will probably escape with a split-decision victory if Manny doesn't hurt him first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PBF should have all the physical advantages against Manny, but what I'm seeing here is that he's just waiting for Manny to decline just a little bit before taking a fight.
    Mother in this!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't Mayweather older than Pacquiao? How could he be waiting for Pac to decline?

Thread Information