rofl

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    thispego is going duck hunting and moose hunting
    he's not watching the game

Post Count
    hard times
    Last edited by mookie2001; 10-08-2008 at 10:15 PM.

GTL: Gym, Tan, Laundry Thunder Dan's Avatar
    My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    the same way you thought OSU would beat USC?
    I only thought OSU would beat USC b/c I'm a Buckeye fan

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    interactive male

I want UT to win but a couple of things need to happen for this to come true.

UT has got to put pressure on Bradford or he will pick apart the rather porous UT secondary. Too much yardage has been given up so far this season by the secondary for my liking. This isn't the secondary that Horn fans have grown accustomed to recently - last year being an abberation considering what had happened the previous 3 - 4 years. But so far the abberation seems to the norm and that isn't good news.
    The same thing can be said about McCoy -if he gets the time he will pick apart OU's secondary.

UT's running game is inconsistent. They will need for it to perform in order to control the ball and therefore the clock. They need to keep Bradford and Co. off the field.

I going to be looking at what the OU linebackers are going to do. I think they are the key to this game. If they get pressure on McCoy then it will be a long day in DAllas for the Horns.

I think that both offenses are pretty much equal but the OU D is better.

Looking for a really good game with it being decided in the 4th Q. But a blowout wouldn't surprise me either. Seen some weird stuff in this series and anything can and probably will happen.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I want UT to win but a couple of things need to happen for this to come true.

UT has got to put pressure on Bradford or he will pick apart the rather porous UT secondary. Too much yardage has been given up so far this season by the secondary for my liking. This isn't the secondary that Horn fans have grown accustomed to recently - last year being an abberation considering what had happened the previous 3 - 4 years. But so far the abberation seems to the norm and that isn't good news.
    The same thing can be said about McCoy -if he gets the time he will pick apart OU's secondary.

UT's running game is inconsistent. They will need for it to perform in order to control the ball and therefore the clock. They need to keep Bradford and Co. off the field.

I going to be looking at what the OU linebackers are going to do. I think they are the key to this game. If they get pressure on McCoy then it will be a long day in DAllas for the Horns.

I think that both offenses are pretty much equal but the OU D is better.

Looking for a really good game with it being decided in the 4th Q. But a blowout wouldn't surprise me either. Seen some weird stuff in this series and anything can and probably will happen.
    see, that's a good level headed breakdown.

I think UT might also need a few turnovers or big plays from special teams.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Thank God Curtis Lofton left early.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Oklahoma State Cowboys
    Post Count
    Anything can happen, I just don't see UT winning this game. I would like to be wrong.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    I absolutely hate and despise the Crimson and Cream. I want to puke everytime I hear that stupid fight song. With that being said, I have not seen a more impressive team weak in and weak out than the Sooners. I have not seen a team take MO and run away like the Sooners have. No one seems to take advantage of an opponent's mistake the way OU does.....these guys are like reef sharks.....first sign of blood and a feeding frenzy arises.....

Just look at that Baylor game....it was 7-0 before that bad call on the Baylor intereception.....and within the next few minutes, OU used that momentum swing to go up 28-0.

Even with all this, I do have a ton of faith in my Horns. In fact, I will be picking UT to win the game. Of course, my confidence would be much, much higher if Jamaal Charles had stayed for his senior year and if Irby hadn't gotten injured in the Rice game. Still, I think UT will squeek out a victory over the Sooners in a game that Bradford and McCoy will both shine in.

UT 27
    OU 24

HOOK EM HORNS

One for the Thumb
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Another aspect of this game that is huge is ou's ability to put up points very quickly in the 1st quarter. So far this season they've gotten up on all the teams they've played FAST in the 1st quarter.

The Horns need to withstand the early momentum from ou and maybe even play a bit conservatively in the 1st quarter, get a feel for the game and then start seeing what plays are going to work against the ou defense. We cannot afford to be down 17-3 after the 1st quarter, for us to have a chance in this game we'll have to keep it close going into the 4th quarter and see how this ou team responds to some adversity/compe ion imo.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    That thread is quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever read on the internets.

A VERY BAD man
    Post Count
    your secondary will be in for a shock when they visit Lubbock after the teams theyve played so far
    TT always looks good till they start playing teams with a defense. Same old story, year after year.

My Team
    Oklahoma State Cowboys
    Post Count
    That thread is quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever read on the internets.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    TT always looks good till they start playing teams with a defense. Same old story, year after year.
    who in the Big XII has a 'defense'?

UT? how many yards and points did Tech put on them last year?

OU? how many yards/points did Tech get in their win last year?

Tech's same old story is that they've never had a defense of their own. Hopefully, this year is different.

A VERY BAD man
    Post Count
    We're really saying the same thing. You can win all day with 50 or...70 points on the board, but when you're just putting up 30 against better defenses, things get a little tougher and that's where your point comes in.

Post Count
    Someone hacked into Sam Bradford's Interactive Male account!!!????!? its all over the orangebloods msg board. They scoffed the out of the guy who was on interactive male in the first place, but its still pretty funny.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    We're really saying the same thing. You can win all day with 50 or...70 points on the board, but when you're just putting up 30 against better defenses, things get a little tougher and that's where your point comes in.
    no, we're really not. Who the heck scores 50 every Saturday?

2007:
    Okie St: 49 Tech 45
    UT 59 Tech 43
    Mizz 41 Tech 10
    Buffs 31 Tech 26

Opp avg during these losses: 45

youre not winning many games if you give up 45

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Game time...final thoughts:

Orakpo and Melton...get pressure on Bradford. This will be key to winning this game. The secondary needs to step up and tackle well and the front and linebackers have to continue to contain the rush like they have in recent weeks.

McGee, Ogbonnaya and Johnson...run hard and down hill. We have to get some type of rushing attack to take some pressure off of Colt. He can't do it all.

Colt...do what you do young man. The only thing I would like to change is the way you attack the tacklers when you run the ball. I know you are tough, but please learn to slide or you are going to give me a heart attack.

Shipley and Cosby...take it to another level. Both of you have played well but its going to take championship ball out of you today to win this game. No mistakes.

Lets do this...HOOK 'EM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Kickoff...OU on offense first.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Grrr...Dammit. Facemask....

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Well designed play by OU. You watching Greg Davis?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    7-0 OU...that was a little too easy.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Cosby ftw...

Thread Information