Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The system doesn't revolve around him though and he is playing with cancer players. Getting the most shots up isn't the same as if the offense ran through him. When are ing re s going to understand this?
    You posted under the wrong username got

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You posted under the wrong username got
    I only have one you ing re .

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    incognito cavs fan.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Here comes the KL apologist who must get paged every time his name is mentioned on the forum. There's a difference between "has led" and "will lead". Being the leading scorer during a game isn't the same as leading the team. It's just not. If KL was the leading scorer night in and night out, and pulled down double digit rebound and defended as well as he does now, that might change, but he would have to be more connected mentally than he is. He's a loner, won't be a leader on any NBA team.
    Most important thing for the future success of the franchise, post Duncan era, will be to surround the wall flower with good solid all-around talent because if he has to take on the responsibility of being THAT guy, the Spurs will be a lottery team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here comes the KL apologist who must get paged every time his name is mentioned on the forum.
    It seems like you have a problem with this... I should be worried about? I'm not entirely sure...

If KL was the leading scorer night in and night out, and pulled down double digit rebound and defended as well as he does now, that might change, but he would have to be more connected mentally than he is. He's a loner, won't be a leader on any NBA team.
    When the kid will get the touches that all top SF in the league have, when he will have the playing time all young SF in the league have, when he won't get 9 attempts-less a game or playing 20 minutes-less a game, he will probably be the leading scorer every night.

But agree with you, the leading scorer isn't the leader of a team. A player can carry the offense but it doesn't mean he's carrying the team.
    And maybe Leonard is too young to be the spiritual leader on a team with Tim and Manu still playing. They are the real leaders even if they aren't the scoring leaders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we going to keep calling this dude "the future" on his 5th year as well?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's the present and the future of this team in his 4th year pro-23 years old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs now are extremely reliant on Leonard's offensive production..

It's not a good thing though because you need other players to step up but it's pretty darn clear when he's having a bad offensive game the spurs lose.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Why is it that this thread gets to stay but the mods will delete any thread that offends the Enriquesuckers?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess we can only say nice things about enrique or something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    short bus can't tell the difference between 1 Kawhi thread & 500 Enrique threads

Here, this may help

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The system doesn't revolve around him though and he is playing with cancer players. Getting the most shots up isn't the same as if the offense ran through him. When are ing re s going to understand this?
    Wait, the lot here were saying it does revolve around him, that he's the straw that stirs the drink.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's the present and the future of this team in his 4th year pro-23 years old.
    And you're a present and future idiot to think that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems like you have a problem with this... I should be worried about? I'm not entirely sure...

When the kid will get the touches that all top SF in the league have, when he will have the playing time all young SF in the league have, when he won't get 9 attempts-less a game or playing 20 minutes-less a game, he will probably be the leading scorer every night.

But agree with you, the leading scorer isn't the leader of a team. A player can carry the offense but it doesn't mean he's carrying the team.
    And maybe Leonard is too young to be the spiritual leader on a team with Tim and Manu still playing. They are the real leaders even if they aren't the scoring leaders.
    He's not too young to be the leader, he's too introverted. We think Tim is an introvert, but that's Tim's hook. It's not Leonard's hook. Leonard is a true introvert. Talented kid, but the league has a few talented kids and they aren't leaders and neither is Leonard. It's not his fault, he's not that guy. He does well because the team has so many weapons and KL gets to float around and do his thing. When the team starts to go to him on set plays, he won't be as productive. We saw the same thing happen to Blair, and to an extent, Gary Neal. Leonard is heads and shoulders above both guys, but he's still not the leader of the Spurs nor the face of the franchise. He's not marketable enough.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, the lot here were saying it does revolve around him, that he's the straw that stirs the drink.
    He is the best offensive force on the spurs but is played as 3rd fiddle to tony and duncan. He forces it and it is always a high percentage shot.
    The thing is, if the offense set multiple picks, post ISO and re-post ups his efficiency and numbers would be through the roof.
    The team doesn't even know how to do any of these things and that's on the team not kawhi. Kawhi is the person that makes this team go though.
    The team went from retiring and first round busts to a consistent championship caliber team when kawhi joined the spurs.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not too young to be the leader, he's too introverted. We think Tim is an introvert, but that's Tim's hook. It's not Leonard's hook. Leonard is a true introvert. Talented kid, but the league has a few talented kids and they aren't leaders and neither is Leonard. It's not his fault, he's not that guy. He does well because the team has so many weapons and KL gets to float around and do his thing. When the team starts to go to him on set plays, he won't be as productive. We saw the same thing happen to Blair, and to an extent, Gary Neal. Leonard is heads and shoulders above both guys, but he's still not the leader of the Spurs nor the face of the franchise. He's not marketable enough.
    Why the is kawhi going to try to be the leader when we have Tim ing Duncan? I can already see you trying to take digs when there isn't any.
    Marketable? Do we even do that? WTF does that have to do with anything?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is the best offensive force on the spurs but is played as 3rd fiddle to tony and duncan. He forces it and it is always a high percentage shot.
    The thing is, if the offense set multiple picks, post ISO and re-post ups his efficiency and numbers would be through the roof.
    The team doesn't even know how to do any of these things and that's on the team not kawhi. Kawhi is the person that makes this team go though.
    The team went from retiring and first round busts to a consistent championship caliber team when kawhi joined the spurs.
    There are other factors that many people, including you it seems, like to ignore.

1. Spurs won 60 games prior to KL's arrival
    2. Spurs were beneficiaries of meeting injured teams in the playoffs over the past two years.
    3. Spurs themselves were injured when they lost in the 1st round to Memphis with the best record.

Let's not pretend KL turned the team around. I like him just fine, not blaming him for anything. He's just not what you guys are making him out to be.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    short bus can't tell the difference between 1 Kawhi thread & 500 Enrique threads

Here, this may help
    We know you aren't a spurs fans but atleast stick to your schtick. Can't be calling your "hero" enrique now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the is kawhi going to try to be the leader when we have Tim ing Duncan? I can already see you trying to take digs when there isn't any.
    Marketable? Do we even do that? WTF does that have to do with anything?
    Yeah all teams do that. Go to their website and find out who is the "face of the franchise". It has a lot to do with everything. KL doesn't have the mental acuity to be a leader of the Spurs, unless the Spurs are a middle of the pack team. , Cousins is the leader in Sacramento.

I have no idea what you're disagreeing with. Either he's the leader or he's not. If he's not, and you accept that, we agree. He won't be the leader in the future either. When he can torch guys in the regular season instead of being on par with Danny Green and Patty Mills, we can discuss it again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure why DMC is so obsessed with Kawhi being a leader..kawhi is not a leader nor a social media type of guy...I don't think that's ever going to change..but you don't need to be a leader to be the best player in the team..Heck, reality is that Tim was never "the" leader. It was DROB and then it transitioned to ginobili.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are other factors that many people, including you it seems, like to ignore.

1. Spurs won 60 games prior to KL's arrival
    2. Spurs were beneficiaries of meeting injured teams in the playoffs over the past two years.
    3. Spurs themselves were injured when they lost in the 1st round to Memphis with the best record.

Let's not pretend KL turned the team around. I like him just fine, not blaming him for anything. He's just not what you guys are making him out to be.
    I remember everyone calling the spurs paper tigers or regular season champs around 2009 and after that for a while. This team wasn't going to win any championships even when they were winning winning 60plus in the regular season.
    You think OKC beats us last year or the year b4 healthy? The refs single handily beat us in 2012. I even remember westbrook hitting the top of kawhis head and he loses the ball out of bounds and they call it out of bounds on us. We were ed b4 we even played them. The refs weren't going to make OKC win again. We are way better than OKC when the refs aren't biased and that includes 2012. If this team can't win on the road agaisnt the grizz with a still performing manu, we just weren't ing good tbh. Kawhi pretty much has been the most consistent playoff performer next to duncan. Kawhi is 23 and he just won the FMVP award. You are a ing joke when you keep putting kawhi down like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure why DMC is so obsessed with Kawhi being a leader..kawhi is not a leader nor a social media type of guy...I don't think that's ever going to change..but you don't need to be a leader to be the best player in the team..Heck, reality is that Tim was never "the" leader. It was DROB and then it transitioned to ginobili.
    Best player on a team that has balanced scoring doesn't make you the future of the franchise. Also, he's not the best player on the team. That would be one of the big 3, namely the biggest one.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please kawhi be the leader. Be marketable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember everyone calling the spurs paper tigers or regular season champs around 2009 and after that for a while. This team wasn't going to win any championships even when they were winning winning 60plus in the regular season.
    You think OKC beats us last year or the year b4 healthy?
    Yes. I think they have a much better chance if they are healthy. , we could have lost to Dallas.

We didn't play them the year before however, Memphis took them out because they were not healthy.

Even in the Finals this year, the Heat were leading in SA until James cramped up when mysteriously the AC system shut down. There are some extenuating cir stances that lead to the outcomes of most seasons. The Spurs have been on both sides, but seem to be on the rosey side more than the ty side. Just look at the teams they've faced in the playoffs over the past couple seasons and the injuries those teams were dealing with.
    The refs single handily beat us in 2012. I even remember westbrook hitting the top of kawhis head and he loses the ball out of bounds and they call it out of bounds on us. We were ed b4 we even played them. The refs weren't going to make OKC win again. We are way better than OKC when the refs aren't biased and that includes 2012. If this team can't win on the road agaisnt the grizz with a still performing manu, we just weren't ing good tbh. Kawhi pretty much has been the most consistent playoff performer next to duncan. Kawhi is 23 and he just won the FMVP award. You are a ing joke when you keep putting kawhi down like that.
    The refs didn't backdoor sweep us.

Thread Information