My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA 21 ppg
    Kawhi 18 ppg
    Tim 11 ppg
    Parker 13 ppg
    Danny 14 ppg

bench 40 ppg (West 10, Patty 10, Manu 10, Bobo 10)
    117 a game? That is some major butt kicking!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    117 a game? That is some major butt kicking!
    Going for 73-9 too IMHO

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going for 73-9 too IMHO
    I hope you're right. I think it's possible but not likely.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    LMA 21 ppg
    Kawhi 18 ppg
    Tim 11 ppg
    Parker 13 ppg
    Danny 14 ppg

bench 40 ppg (West 10, Patty 10, Manu 10, Bobo 10)
    I like the way this guy thinks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there someone posting in this thread who promised to never post on Spurstalk ever again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the way this guy thinks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA will rightfully be the #1 offensive option, which will allow Kawhi to focus on what he does best: defense.
    Only focus on defense? He has a chance to become a legit superstar on both ends if he can stay healthy and Pop gives him the opportunity to continue improving his offensive game. It can end just one way...paying huge dividends in the future, for the team.

LaMarcus 19-21
    Kawhi 18-20
    Parker 14-15
    Tim 12
    Danny 10

Bench 30-33 points

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there someone posting in this thread who promised to never post on Spurstalk ever again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only focus on defense? He has a chance to become a legit superstar on both ends if he can stay healthy and Pop gives him the opportunity to continue improving his offensive game. It can end just one way...paying huge dividends in the future, for the team.

LaMarcus 19-21
    Kawhi 18-20
    Parker 14-15
    Tim 12
    Danny 10

Bench 30-33 points

Our bench have been one of the best in the league for 3-4 seasons scoring more than 40 ppg. now we've got best bench in our history and we would score 33...
    50 ppg is a minimum for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our bench have been one of the best in the league for 3-4 seasons scoring more than 40 ppg. now we've got best bench in our history and we would score 33...
    50 ppg is a minimum for us.
    -The Spurs had a distributed offense between starters and reserves last seasons, now we have Aldridge as go-to scorer.
    -The bench have new young players at SG/SF, it's likely Danny, Kawhi will play more minutes than last season.
    -With Aldridge playing 35-37 minutes at PF, Boris/West offensive impact wouldn't be as large as we think.
    I know, 33-35 is a low scoring for the bench but the Spurs won't increase the pace.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are some well known nba analysts who always give the spurs crap for having a balanced point distribution and not one or two scorers who score at/more than 20ppg in a season. LMA is probably going to avg between 18-20, kawhi at 15-16. I'm not worried about scoring but assist rate. Because the spurs in 2014 average like 25apg. It was considerably less in 2015, as opposed to the Warriors who averaged between 27-29 apg. Obviously it's a good sign if the spurs can replicate that assist rate from 2014 or improve next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not worried about scoring but assist rate. Because the spurs in 2014 average like 25apg. It was considerably less in 2015, as opposed to the Warriors who averaged between 27-29 apg. Obviously it's a good sign if the spurs can replicate that assist rate from 2014 or improve next season.
    Our PGs weren't healthy all season, Kawhi missed games too and should be replaced with less effective players, really low team 3 point shooting field goal percentage in the first half of the season...many variables with high influence on the game and assists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -The Spurs had a distributed offense between starters and reserves last seasons, now we have Aldridge as go-to scorer.
    -The bench have new young players at SG/SF, it's likely Danny, Kawhi will play more minutes than last season.
    -With Aldridge playing 35-37 minutes at PF, Boris/West offensive impact wouldn't be as large as we think.
    I know, 33-35 is a low scoring for the bench but the Spurs won't increase the pace.
    -Aldridge would score +20 with those constant pickandpops but I can't imagine a go-to scorer in Pop's team especially with such a roster.
    -I think Pop's usual idea is developing new players, not sitting them out. Austin Daye was a nightmare even when he got reasonable minutes, Baynes and Ayers got their minutes too despite healthy Splitter. I am sure new youngsters will play a lot and Green's and Kawhi's playing time would be the same.
    -There is no way Aldridge would play 35 minutes at PF in regular season games with healthy West, Bonner, Diaw. All the new "old" guys can play and pass, so mixed with Diaw, Patty and Manu the bench and team will increase the pace even more than we could imagine.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Much of this thread is an exercise in futility. Here are the Spurs' per-game averages from last season:

That last column adds up to 129.9. Just think about that for a second.

Forecasting individual per-game averages is fine. Trying to make them add up to a "reasonable" number like 103 or 106 doesn't work unless you assume that every player will play every game. We all know that isn't going to happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker-14ppg 28 mpg
    Green-11 ppg-28 mpg
    Leonard-17.5 ppg-32 mpg
    Aldridge-20.5-33mpg
    Duncan-13 ppg-27 mpg
    -------------------------
    76 PPG from the starters

probably 107 ppg for the team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it October yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -Aldridge would score +20 with those constant pickandpops but I can't imagine a go-to scorer in Pop's team especially with such a roster.
    -I think Pop's usual idea is developing new players, not sitting them out. Austin Daye was a nightmare even when he got reasonable minutes, Baynes and Ayers got their minutes too despite healthy Splitter. I am sure new youngsters will play a lot and Green's and Kawhi's playing time would be the same.
    -There is no way Aldridge would play 35 minutes at PF in regular season games with healthy West, Bonner, Diaw. All the new "old" guys can play and pass, so mixed with Diaw, Patty and Manu the bench and team will increase the pace even more than we could imagine.
    It shouldn't be hard to increase the pace, the Spurs weren't a fast team last season (17th). Portland, ranked 12th in Pace last year and got off 86 FGA per game. If the Spurs push the pace to around that level, that's about 3.5 more shots per game.

Its going to be interesting to see the bigs minutes distribution between LMA, TD, BD, and DW

Aldridge will probably play center for stretches with Diaw or West at the 4.

I'm expecting about 33 mpg for Aldridge. 28 mpg at the 4 and 5 at the 5.

PF
    LMA-28
    West-20

C

Duncan-27
    LMA-5
    Diaw-16(With rest games Diaw would average more than 16 mpg.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    French got legion derailing yet another thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Much of this thread is an exercise in futility. Here are the Spurs' per-game averages from last season:

That last column adds up to 129.9. Just think about that for a second.

Forecasting individual per-game averages is fine. Trying to make them add up to a "reasonable" number like 103 or 106 doesn't work unless you assume that every player will play every game. We all know that isn't going to happen.
    stop bringing logic in here tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    these losers still using the ariza for Kawhi schtick?

Oh my these guys can't get enough of me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why dont you show us the PM to prove it was gameplanned

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno forwarded me the PM apo sent to him in the suicide watch thread

Oh my

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gamplanned

That thread was a dirext response to some idiot saying he'd rather take beal over Leonard..Funny how I made another Kawhi is superstar thread after that

reaching for my attention

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apo living rent free tbh.

Thread Information