Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm actually grateful for nights like these when everyone is out and it's on Kawhi to showcase what he has and he comes up empty.
    Sure, you're a true Spurs fan, if he comes up empty we lost just like tonight.

This is the only game he played without Tim or Manu? You don't remember his best games against Bulls, Warriors, Memphis, etc he scored +20 as first option without the Big 3

Because right now he needs a heavy dose of reality when it comes to signing his next contract with the Spurs. He is NOT star player by any means, and has been propped up by other stars his whole career. The idea of a max contract for Kawhi is and always will be LAUGHABLE. He is a good role player who plays good D and that's it. This max contract talk needs to stop. So happy the Spurs scoffed at the notion of maxing him and decided to wait until restricted free agency. I can't wait to see who will sign Kawhi to a max contract when he averages 10 ppg, 6 rpg, and 2 ast this season.
    I remember a lot of guys in last two regular seasons talking about Kawhi "he's only a role player, he isn't a max guy" and then they had to eat their words in the playoffs.

Fortunately, Leonard has met all expectations that people had for him in playoffs, in two consecutives finals, and he will do it again in SA or wherever he will play next years.

This is exactly why Ginobili should have won Finals MVP. Propping up Kawhi in that way only served to hurt the franchise.
    You still mad

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Sure, you're a true Spurs fan, if he comes up empty we lost just like tonight.

This is the only game he played without Tim or Manu? You don't remember his best games against Bulls, Warriors, Memphis, etc he scored +20 as first option without the Big 3

I remember a lot of guys in last two regular seasons talking about Kawhi "he's only a role player, he isn't a max guy" and then they had to eat their words in the playoffs.

Fortunately, Leonard has met all expectations that people had for him in playoffs, in two consecutives finals, and he will do it again in SA or wherever he will play next years.

You still mad
    That's all well and good but, when Duncan and Ginobili retire and the FO stacks the roster full of useless foreigners to surround Mo Money, their may not be a playoffs. How is Leonard going to make a living then? I'm speaking metaphorically of course. He'll be rolling in Spurs dough but probably won't be worth half his salary. Overrated will take on a whole new meaning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL
    kawhi just has to thank the spurs..
    +1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kawhi keeps playing like this, the Spurs may have dodged a bullet. I just don't see teams throwing the max at Kawhi next summer. He's a great defensive player, but his offense has a lot of room for improvement and i don't think teams will pay max $ for that. And BTW Danny Green is getting exposed too. He'll be lucky if teams pay him $4-6/yr considering the upside Ariza has over Green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    If Kawhi keeps playing like this, the Spurs may have dodged a bullet. I just don't see teams throwing the max at Kawhi next summer. He's a great defensive player, but his offense has a lot of room for improvement and i don't think teams will pay max $ for that. And BTW Danny Green is getting exposed too. He'll be lucky if teams pay him $4-6/yr considering the upside Ariza has over Green.
    Just ask yourself, was Bruce a max player?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is Leonard going to make a living then?
    I'm not worry about Leonard as player, he is and will be a valuable two-way wing in the league.

People overreacting after only three games.
    R: When should the Spurs expect Leonard to be completely back to playing “like usual?”
    Kawhi: “Probably four or five games. Whatever the preseason would have been. That’s pretty much when you get your rhythm and your wind and get ready for the season.”
    But I could be more concerned if he's ignored for Pop all regular season, again.
    If he's parked in a corner, doesn't get touches, plays few minutes, no calling plays for him, no post up, no run the pick and roll...If his offense is limited in Spurs system to get a few opportunistic buckets and some 3's.

The Spurs would can sign a great FA next summer but they also need to develop Kawhi offensive game to keep compe ive.
    In my opinion, playing him less 30 minutes without touches isn't the way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This girl I know that banged him once told me that he's planning on retiring after this season. Keep it on the DL though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just ask yourself, was Bruce a max player?
    That's a stretch bring Bruce into this. Kawhi's probably a $8-12/yr tops tbh. Any thing over that is overpaying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let the er go. Will be another Gary Neal, crying anywhere...
    I was watching the Hornets play the Heat the other day and on one play Neal looked like he kind of got confused, so he just chucked the shot. LOL I really don't miss that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kahi is nothing without Parker and POp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah sure, believe this one!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not saying it's impossible, but why exactly should I believe you?

You admit that people think you're a troll, so most likely you're really known as one. How do I know you're not just trolling?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shut up apalisoc_9! Damn Filipino midget!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pretty funny trolling tbh. original thread was meh, but the 8th man on your high school team was pretty funny

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    When people on message boards refer to their 'sauces'

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    is this shtick still kewl?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some serious deja vu. Every season people talk about Kawhi and every season he shuts them up by season's end. Blaming the media and him getting Finals MVP for having an 'overinflated' value. Um I'm pretty sure Pop called him the future face of the franchise and has praised him numerous times. I wish Kawhi the best and hope he makes as much money as possible because he was able to bring the Spurs their 5th championship and he more than deserves it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kahi is nothing without Parker and POp.
    I can't remember how many ships won Pop and Tony without DUNCAN. Timmy's the franchise.

Ridding the world of Alien Scum...Relentlessly. Man In Black's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This OP is like Ducks cloned with a hint of Fil-Canadian Whiskey.

Whatever it is, it reeks.

Kawhiiii
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't remember how many ships won Pop and Tony without DUNCAN. Timmy's the franchise.
    well how many ships did duncan win without pop?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next year If the spurs decide to match any offer...

I know everyone thinks I'm trolling when I make kawhi threads, but truth be told, I'm a huge kawhi fan because I've talked to him a couple times as a fan through a friend of mine who is friends with Kawhi...

Kawhi is a really chill dude though, he's not angry with his current touches or whatever but seems like he wants to be able to expand his game next year....

Mixed feelings..Not sure if I'll stay as big of a kawhi fan if he leaves.
    Would you leave ST if Kawhi leaves?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shut up apalisoc_9! Damn Filipino midget!
    Taga-Bohol ka?

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would you really take an anonymous internet poster's word for it? From a "friend", really? Suuure

Thread Information