Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is far worse than Parker right now.
    Yes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why survive? and you are crazy and blind if you think tony and Dejounte are the same level of defender.
    Not really worth going on with this conversation if you are this ignorant.
    If you think Murray is a better defender than Parker, you have lost it. It shows either your lack of basketball knowledge or your blind hate for Parker. I'm not a Parker fan, but I'm smart enough to know that while he is a terrible individual defender, he knows how to play Spurs team defense. Murray is a terrible defender and he doesn't know the Spurs team defense. It's not that complicated. Plus, I've seen Murray in the limited minutes, and he sucks. He may get better, but for now, he is unwatchable against NBA talent in a regular season game. Note that Bertrans, who is so-so in NBA games is locked into the roster and a rotation player, but Murray, despite playing a position where Pop refuses to start Patty Mills and regularly gives Parker games off has picked a rookie, undrafted Argentine point guard over Murray. That tells you all you need to know. Before you start looking to supplant Parker, you may want to campaign for Murray to get out of the D-League and overtake the undrafted rookie that made the roster over him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte Murray on 12/09/2016
    http://dleague.nba.com/games/20161209/ausscw/

Austin Toros lose to Santa Cruz.

Phil Pressey scored 31 points, Murray 10 on 2-19. He got 13 assists in the game and that is impressive but the opposing PG went off and Murray himself was very inefficient plus he couldn't stop taking shots in crunch time and bricking them all. He got 15 rebounds but 8 of them were offensive, that is not going to translate to the NBA. I hate to take digs at Murray bc he's 20 years old, and needs to work on his game. He's not ready yet. His line:

Dejounte:

MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A +/- OREB DREB REB AST PF STL TO BS BA PTS
    34 2-19 1-4 5-6 -1 8 7 15 13 4 1 4 0 4 10
    Another Dijon game. This one on 12-10-16
    Spurs get a beat down to the Los Angeles Defenders: http://dleague.nba.com/games/20161210/auslad/

Dijon's line:
    33 4-11 1-3 2-2 -10 1 4 5 7 3 2 5 0 0 11

It's a team sport and I am sure he's not the only guy to blame for losses there... but he's responsible for his own shot selection and efficiency as well as not TO the ball.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you think Murray is a better defender than Parker, you have lost it. It shows either your lack of basketball knowledge or your blind hate for Parker. I'm not a Parker fan, but I'm smart enough to know that while he is a terrible individual defender, he knows how to play Spurs team defense. Murray is a terrible defender and he doesn't know the Spurs team defense. It's not that complicated. Plus, I've seen Murray in the limited minutes, and he sucks. He may get better, but for now, he is unwatchable against NBA talent in a regular season game. Note that Bertrans, who is so-so in NBA games is locked into the roster and a rotation player, but Murray, despite playing a position where Pop refuses to start Patty Mills and regularly gives Parker games off has picked a rookie, undrafted Argentine point guard over Murray. That tells you all you need to know. Before you start looking to supplant Parker, you may want to campaign for Murray to get out of the D-League and overtake the undrafted rookie that made the roster over him.
    No I am just willing to look past the past. Unlike you. It's ok to play the rookie for 10 minutes and build him up. we aren't relying on him.
    Your basketball knowledge is afraid to move forward so stick back in the past. we all will move on past you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte Murray on 12/09/2016
    http://dleague.nba.com/games/20161209/ausscw/

Austin Toros lose to Santa Cruz.

Phil Pressey scored 31 points, Murray 10 on 2-19. He got 13 assists in the game and that is impressive but the opposing PG went off and Murray himself was very inefficient plus he couldn't stop taking shots in crunch time and bricking them all. He got 15 rebounds but 8 of them were offensive, that is not going to translate to the NBA. I hate to take digs at Murray bc he's 20 years old, and needs to work on his game. He's not ready yet. His line:

Dejounte:

34 2-19 1-4 5-6 -1 8 7 15 13 4 1 4 0 4 10
    Another Dijon game. This one on 12-10-16
    Spurs get a beat down to the Los Angeles Defenders: http://dleague.nba.com/games/20161210/auslad/

Dijon's line:
    33 4-11 1-3 2-2 -10 1 4 5 7 3 2 5 0 0 11

It's a team sport and I am sure he's not the only guy to blame for losses there... but he's responsible for his own shot selection and efficiency as well as not TO the ball.
    You can't judge him fully on this. You don't know what Pop has him working on personally. You said the same about anderson, yet now don't want to acknowledge this. funny though to see you try to down play 13 assists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't judge him fully on this. You don't know what Pop has him working on personally. You said the same about anderson, yet now don't want to acknowledge this. funny though to see you try to down play 13 assists.
    That is why I said I didn't like to point this out. For example, Anderson worked in post ups in the dleague, something they don't use in this Spurs and he did so in the summer league as well.

The only reason i pointed it out is that Dijon's inefficiency and bad shot selection shows he needs work on his game. He's not ready right now. I prefer he play in the dleague with freedom and gets to learn from mistakes and improve than the bench in the NBA at this point. He just has a lot to work on and probably until he becomes more efficient he won't be able to command the ball. Let's just leave it at that. He's just 20 and needs a lot of work on his game right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is why I said I didn't like to point this out. For example, Anderson worked in post ups in the dleague, something they don't use in this Spurs and he did so in the summer league as well.

The only reason i pointed it out is that Dijon's inefficiency and bad shot selection shows he needs work on his game. He's not ready right now. I prefer he play in the dleague with freedom and gets to learn from mistakes and improve than the bench in the NBA at this point. He just has a lot to work on and probably until he becomes more efficient he won't be able to command the ball. Let's just leave it at that. He's just 20 and needs a lot of work on his game right now.
    So if you don't like it don't do it. It pushes a narrative you don't fully believe in. It's like saying "I'm not racist, but...."

Think about it.

I doubt he is chucking in the NBA like he does sometimes in the NBDL. So much narrow mindedness here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if you don't like it don't do it. It pushes a narrative you don't fully believe in. It's like saying "I'm not racist, but...."

Think about it.

I doubt he is chucking in the NBA like he does sometimes in the NBDL. So much narrow mindedness here.
    It contributes to the conversation. It's not up for debate the dude isn't ready if he's not shooting well. At least to be a PG and have the ball. Could you play him off the ball? Maybe but he can't shoot. He's in a bind.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It contributes to the conversation. It's not up for debate the dude isn't ready.
    That is your opinion. And I am sure there are many with the same opinion. Obviously Pops as well. But Pop also had a different opinion on Bonner than most too. Doesn't mean he is always right.
    My opinion is that at this moment we don't really lose much playing Murray as the back up PG as to Parker as the starter. And we develop the future right now with the team.

Mills, Murray, Lapro > Parker, Mills, Lapro

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a struggle watching the Spurs, should've moved from parker years ago just bad

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    @ giving Murray more minutes, dude got assraped by seth in curry

Murray needs to stay in Austin. Lapro is not adjusted to the US game and he isn't that great to begin with. Mills is a small SG and not capable of being a starting PG most likely. spurs rely on Parker because they have to, we all know he sucks, but based on our current roster construction and assets, not much else we can do til his contract expires. Giving Murray minutes is not the answer

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ giving Murray more minutes, dude got assraped by seth in curry

Murray needs to stay in Austin. Lapro is not adjusted to the US game and he isn't that great to begin with. Mills is a small SG and not capable of being a starting PG most likely. spurs rely on Parker because they have to, we all know he sucks, but based on our current roster construction and assets, not much else we can do til his contract expires. Giving Murray minutes is not the answer
    a lot of false opinion here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever. You look bloaded. chode overloaded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a lot of false opinion here.
    I don't know who you are, but I know enough to say you're a GNSF got with horrible takes.

Kill yourself.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know who you are, but I know enough to say you're a GNSF got with horrible takes.

Kill yourself.
    the board has a response!! congrats

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    the board has a response!! congrats
    LMAO!

hahaha

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kill yourself.
    He's a Lapro fan. He's already dead

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I found splits boy toy!! board 's together!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bold this man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I found splits boy toy!! board 's together!!
    's?

Guess you didn't pass 3rd grade english and are most likely an Argie boi

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    's?

Guess you didn't pass 3rd grade english and are most likely an Argie boi
    suck his !!! suck his !!! Board s together again. I got two sword fighters attacking me!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No I am just willing to look past the past. Unlike you. It's ok to play the rookie for 10 minutes and build him up. we aren't relying on him.
    Your basketball knowledge is afraid to move forward so stick back in the past. we all will move on past you.
    Sorry but Murray wasn't good enough for that 3rd guard. It went to our undrafted rookie point guard that Murray wasn't good enough to beat out for a roster spot. I'm not looking at the past, I'm looking at the present, as in win now, and Murray is not good enough to play in the NBA, and Parker is.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    parker isn't going to get better.

he is what he is.

Thread Information