Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Official. Every Serbian player got $1.5 million per year for playing for NT.
    I highly doubt it. They may have got $1.5 million last summer after getting to the WC Final, but otherwise I would bet they get a lot less.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I already said it. If the situation is like his agent said, he should play.
    His agent has a brand to protect. He represents these clients and the national team etc, he HAS to seem opposed to bobo sitting out. No one wants to be the guy who didn't fight for his country. The agent does t have a medical degree either, I'm guessing, which makes it seem more likely than not this is all publicity stunt. The Spurs are known for having an impeccable record, If not the best with foreign players and coaches. He could ruin all his agents chances of making the NBA if he was screwing the spurs over.

I think it's more of a media stunt. What's your take?

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I highly doubt the Serbian federation s s out 18 mil to players just for participation. Maybe as a bonus for winning the tournament.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those giant people issues, they always carry some kind of bone/heart problems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs medical team, in conjunction with Dr. Ferkel’s recommendation, has determined the injury compromises Marjanović's ability to play basketball without compromising long-term health and future injury.
    That's the only fact that matters (and why his agent is pissed).

The downside to playing him is that he might not be as effective as otherwise -- it shouldn't hurt him further.

Therefore, according to his agent, why not let him play -- if he's ineffective, they can just sit him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You dont question the best sports organization in the world tbh. I have a problem with that.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I already said it. If the situation is like his agent said, he should play.
    You also said you believe a sports agent over a rather well-respected doctor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get that got and his agent the outta here.
    dude couldn't wait to go the Yao Ming way on us..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How are your cats? You still in that piece of apartment? Get your funds up broke .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How are your cats? You still in that piece of apartment? Get your funds up broke .
    Rob goin' in raw

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I highly doubt it. They may have got $1.5 million last summer after getting to the WC Final, but otherwise I would bet they get a lot less.
    I made that up. It was stupid (who can beleive in that?) answer on his stupid question. And afther i just continued with trolling.

You also said you believe a sports agent over a rather well-respected doctor.
    Look, i'm not that re ed to believe that agent is more expert than that doctors. Just saying that may have chance that they didn't come across this before. You know... he is 7-3 tall, with how many guys like him you have chance to work? And that they could think about it again. That's all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that agent....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serbian coach said after Spurs call Boban to come in LA that he is su ious about it. And now he say it again, that it is something behind all this.

Because Boban last game was some frendly match at June 28th, and after that he isn't play basketball for 5 weeks. Absolutely out of any physical activity. And now he can't play? Plus, on first test (by Spurs medical staff) in Milano it turned out that everything is fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good to hear that it's just a bone bruise and swelling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good to hear that it's just a bone bruise and swelling.
    Right. Okay, now what about his ears?

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, i'm not that re ed to believe that agent is more expert than that doctors. Just saying that may have chance that they didn't come across this before. You know... he is 7-3 tall, with how many guys like him you have chance to work? And that they could think about it again. That's all.
    If it were a brain scan, maybe. He does have two feet, and they aren't the same at this point. That makes a rather easy reference point for a doctor. Bone marrow edema is a precursor to stress fractures, and isn't hard to see on an MRI. I find it highly unlikely that he congenitally has more liquid in the bones of only one foot. Letting him play compe ive basketball seems like it would be insanity at this point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will atleast it's a real injury not fake hand injury or pink eye.
    Are you really this f****** stupid?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serbian coach said after Spurs call Boban to come in LA that he is su ious about it. And now he say it again, that it is something behind all this.

Because Boban last game was some frendly match at June 28th, and after that he isn't play basketball for 5 weeks. Absolutely out of any physical activity. And now he can't play? Plus, on first test (by Spurs medical staff) in Milano it turned out that everything is fine.
    It's a conspiracy!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    super pink eye
    Oh look another kawhi hater. Hates kawhi for...no reason whatsoever. Smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next stop Carlos Boozer or Carlos Boozer... his agent might have some leverage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it were a brain scan, maybe. He does have two feet, and they aren't the same at this point. That makes a rather easy reference point for a doctor. Bone marrow edema is a precursor to stress fractures, and isn't hard to see on an MRI. I find it highly unlikely that he congenitally has more liquid in the bones of only one foot. Letting him play compe ive basketball seems like it would be insanity at this point.
    I see your point. It cross my mind too but... i don't know. Will see dafuq is going on.

!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    aren't 7'4" players always at risk for foot and ankle problems?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like basically everything, it isn't a black or white situation. There is definitively something wrong with Marjanovic foot (hence the swelling) but he could have played through it. In fact without the David Pick article and quotes from Radovic, he would have played the Eurobasket.

Spurs have Serbian NT have quite opposite interest:
    - Spurs aren't concerned with how well Serbia will do this summer. Their goal is to have fully healthy players for the training camp. If there is a risk, even a slight one, that a player get an injury because of a previous issue, they won't allow it.
    - Serbian NT main goal is to win games and be as good as possible for the Eurobasket. They aren't that concerned with a player developing an injury that could sidelined him with his future NBA team.

The FIBA/NBA agreement gives the upper hand to the NBA team to determine is a player is fit to play with his NT. Spurs use it at their advantage and protect their investment. And yes, it sucks for Serbian NT and their coach. They have every right to be upset.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could have been worse, guys that tall are especially susceptible to long bone cancer (almost always in the legs) and blood clotting in the legs causing heart attacks/gangrene, etc, lots of life threatening possibilities
    What you are peddling are false. Are you a doctor?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not like this is a "Spurs only" thing. There are reasons this rule exists in NBA and FIBA contracts. Any other NBA team (or at least, the ones worth their weight in salt) would have done the exact same thing. Welcome to the NBA, Bobi.

If you want to play for your national team, great! But you are also now a contractually obligated asset, and if playing is going to pose a significant risk to that asset, well...sit down and shut up tbh.

His agent's whole "go to war" comment really rubs me the wrong way.

Thread Information