Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never heard of this hack but I cant disagree with his assessment. Everything was he said was true....a lot of our off-seasons success hinges upon how well Gay recovers from his Achilles injury

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Water is wet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it was a poor offseason but not disastrous. I also think the Spurs tried to do something in FA but sometimes you don't get what you want. It happens. They were faced with doing something for the sake of doing something or just keeping their chips and trying again in 2018. Jonathan Simmons showed potential but his impact was way overblown. I think people got caught up with the flashy dunks and blocks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the only thing i really did not like, in retrospective, is the givin Simmons to Orlando for nothing instead of trading him to Phoenix for Chandler...
    for the rest:
    a) Pau contract is horrible for the future cap space, but we have to assume that plan has already been abandoned....for the rest Pau played well in regular season and is still one of the best big man except in facing gs...but looks that Deadmon was not the solution either...so probably the fo sees that match up (I mean expecially with Draymond Green as their center) winnable only playng as center lma or some other mobile big (Louvergne? Gay? KA?)
    b) Lauvergne is younger than Lee, is skilled, has international experience...could be a good surprise; probably Lee wanted to be payed and in any case looks that he is still available;
    c)Gay is obviously a better player than Simmons and has the benefit over him of playing properly a big man role;
    d) White was one of the best player remained when we drafted...and considering the Parker situation we needed a point guard;
    e) Considering price and age, Paul could surprise as the good Paul to take...and frankly I have to tell that Chris Paul preferring the Rockets when they already had probably the other best point guard in the game instead of choosing us makes me wonder how smart he really is or, at the very least, how bad he really wants to win....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not wrong. Kawai is the only reason Spurs will be a good team and that's pretty sad...even MJ had a Pippen. This Fo is quickly reminding me of the office that wasted most of David's prime years in the 90's. They are going to run KL into the ground like they did David(no back left) at this rate. Hopefully Spurs plan on making some good moves before all star break but I'm not holding my breath.

How healthy Rudy and if he has anything left after that injury will decide if it was either a poor off-season or a disastrous one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most disappointing offseason we've had in a long time.

Mills and Pau signing for 'culture' was disappointing.

Brandon Paul (in exchange) for Simmons is a risky bet considering Paul in injury-prone.

Gay was a decent risk to take and good to have a player with his size.

Lauvergne was so so signing, should have as much impact as David Lee. Another bargain basement find.

Too bad we lost Dedmond, but for reasons I can't understand, PATFO never wanted to play him during the playoffs.

Perhaps, dRob had some good insight about Spurs offense. They stick exactly with the playbook without any deviation.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count

Yes, yes. Never doubt the personnel PATFO brings in.
    standard portion is 4oz which is a quarter pound of meat, what a fatass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    F-.

I would give them a G-, but that doesn't exist.

But I can't really blame the Spurs, they have nothing lucrative or special to offer. No young millionaire athlete would want to stare at fat grotesque southern hicks in front of a dirty river walk while everyone reminisce about the Alamo. I'll actually give the Spurs the honor of being the all time leader in over achieving in modern world history, given what they had to work with.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Projected 2017-18 records and standings for every NBA team
    Kevin Pelton
    3. San Antonio Spurs
    Projected wins: 52.6

Despite a head-scratching offseason, the Spurs still have the league's third-best RPM projection. San Antonio's defense -- projected to be second in the league -- should remain strong, and Patty Mills playing more minutes at point guard while Tony Parker rehabs his torn quadriceps should help offensively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When TD was the leader of the Spurs, I'm sure he had an input on incoming players and who Tim wanted. While I did think this off-season was a bit of a disappointment, I'm sure Kawhi had a say in the players he wanted to play with. Maybe it's a testament to how confident he is in himself and the development of the players especially since Dejounte Murray is working with Kawhi in the off-season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll be fine. Back-to-back trips to the WCF incoming, tbh.
    He's overrating Simmons as a positive impact player.
    The difference between C and F depends on Gay.
    How many years have "pundits" doubted the Spurs and called for their death and it didn't work out?
    Going on 10 years now, eh?

They keep doing it and then keep calling themselves out Mid-season-Late-season saying "You'd think we'd know better by now..."

Eff them and eff all of you. Effing punks.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill, it's okay to say Buford shat himself this offseason. No need to continue to defend him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So another year of Kawhi carrying a team same as last year. And gay is should be better than anyone we lost.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Projected 2017-18 records and standings for every NBA team
    Kevin Pelton
    "Patty Mills should help offensively"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill, it's okay to say Buford shat himself this offseason. No need to continue to defend him
    Embarrassing. Posters nowadays think "fine" means making it to the playoffs and winning a few games. Smh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have only been to back to back WCF two times in the past 30 years. It won't happen again this year, as Houston and OKC have made a leap over them.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have only been to back to back WCF two times in the past 30 years. It won't happen again this year, as Houston and OKC have made a leap over them.
    People underestimate OKC so bad on here, tbh. Don't know why. They retired Timmy and have had 2 coaches make Poop look like Vinny Del Negro.

You know who else has the Spurs number? Chris Paul. I just cringe imagining Pity Mills, the worst defensive PG in the league, try and guarding him when he couldn't even guard Austin Rivers. God... then Pop panic-inserting Murray or White...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It really was a difficult to understand off-season for us fans.
    While others overpaid for stars we overpaid for role players, and lost one of our most promising players.
    Idk what is specially the deal with Gasol, he's been here one year, underperformed, and we have him a price for it.
    And on top of that he is going to play a ty tournament again this summer.
    Definitely head scratching.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It really was a difficult to understand off-season for us fans.
    While others overpaid for stars we overpaid for role players, and lost one of our most promising players.
    Idk what is specially the deal with Gasol, he's been here one year, underperformed, and we have him a price for it.
    And on top of that he is going to play a ty tournament again this summer.
    Definitely head scratching.
    You need to look through RC Buffoon's beer goggles to have an appreciation of what's going on.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston maybe. A Spurs/Rockets round 2 rematch is likely. But while OC has gotten a lot better, there was a huge chasm between them and the Spurs last year. I don't think they've gotten enough better to make them favorites over the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lost one of our most promising players.
    I wanted Dedmon back too, but he got overpaid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of these posters act like RC is their wife and the Spurs their children. Say anything that isn't basically slurping their "family" and they lose their . For s sake, it's okay to have a contrary opinion...One that most in the NBA world share right now, by the way.

The Spurs had a bad off-season. It's okay to say so.
    Embarrassing. Posters nowadays think "fine" means making it to the playoffs and winning a few games. Smh.
    It's ironic that the hardcore PATFO slurpers have become apologists content with cute regular season records...The very thing that they used to make fun of Suns' and Mavericks' fanbases for. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of these posters act like RC is their wife and the Spurs their children. Say anything that isn't basically slurping their "family" and they lose their . For s sake, it's okay to have a contrary opinion...One that most in the NBA world share right now, by the way.

The Spurs had a bad off-season. It's okay to say so.

It's ironic that the hardcore PATFO slurpers have become apologists content with cute regular season records...The very thing that they used to make fun of Suns' and Mavericks' fanbases for. Oh how the mighty have fallen.
    Wtf? We had 4/5 of a team in the wcf. Tonys injury sealed the deal for the warriors. There was no major overhaul sa could have or should have made this season. Happens every year. Whiny es like you cry about the off season, then spurs are better than you thought. This is a reload. Wcf is happening this year as long as spurs are healthy. Book it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think any poster on here has said the off-season was not disappointing, certainly not good.

Nobody serious is patting Buford on the back for this summer. But it wasn't the worst off season you can think of either. Again outside of that old Spanishman signing I don't think you could hate any move. There was really nothing out there that would move the needle past GS.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs didn't make any great moves during the off-season but I still feel they will at least get back to the WCF. Rox and OKC don't scare me.

Thread Information