View Poll Results: Federal regulation on fries and potato chips?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, ban them

2 33.33%
  • Yes, tax them

3 50.00%
  • No, do nothing, #KeepAmericaFat

1 16.67%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    i actually rarely eat fast food. ate like an animal in senior year of high school and thru college though
    You've always been partial to the tubular steak though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its a thread like this that makes me wish I had become a cardiologist,,,,,
    like you had any chance at that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's Wegovy and Ozempic now too, if you can afford it...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    like you had any chance at that
    who do you think didnt succeed and now salts the out of your fries?,,,,when youre cloggin' those vessels and wiping the excess salt off your fingers with a few napkins,,,,just think of ole Hemi,,,,I'm the one pouring double amounts on those es,,,,enjoy!!!!

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get McDonald's fries without salt. Pretty much guarantees they make them fresh for you.

Definitely wouldn't go there as much without the discounts you can get in their app. Also they were almost the only fast food restaurants that had 24hr locations after the Great Reset -- although some Wendy's spots have started doing that in time for chili season.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, y'all think McD's coffee is good? I'm not a coffee snob by any means but that tastes like liquid ashtray. Sucks because I do like the breakfast.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Wait, y'all think McD's coffee is good? I'm not a coffee snob by any means but that tastes like liquid ashtray. Sucks because I do like the breakfast.
    ...& your partial to the tubular steak as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'I could feel my tongue going a bit numb': McDonald's has served cleaning fluid to customers more than once | CBC News

Why You Should Never, Ever Order This Drink at McDonald’s | Trusted Since 1922

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do dig making potatoes similar in size and shape to Taco Bell's fiesta potatoes in the air fryer. A little olive oil and some good garlic salt...done and done.

Also...since being back in San Antonio...shout out to BurgerBoy for not only surviving, but thriving! I used to live near the Witte back in the day and there was just that one ratty location near downtown, but damn it was good.

Still friggin delicious, it's better than Whataburger but with a simple menu like In and Out but I love their crinkle cut fries, they're cooked perfect crispy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McD's actually changed their coffee provider about a decade ago AFAIK and it's better now.

That said, jesus christ if you're going to McDonald's for coffee you have 0 interest in how it tastes. A $40 moka pot or chemex at home will blow away most big chains and it's incredibly easy to make.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do dig making potatoes similar in size and shape to Taco Bell's fiesta potatoes in the air fryer. A little olive oil and some good garlic salt...done and done.

Also...since being back in San Antonio...shout out to BurgerBoy for not only surviving, but thriving! I used to live near the Witte back in the day and there was just that one ratty location near downtown, but damn it was good.

Still friggin delicious, it's better than Whataburger but with a simple menu like In and Out but I love their crinkle cut fries, they're cooked perfect crispy.
    I'm old enough to remember Whopper Burger, the original. Then after Burger King bought them out my grandmother used to take me to the Murf's Better Burger on West Ave and that was great too and I'd always try to get my dad to try it but he was never interested until he found out it was owned by the original owner of Whopper Burger. So yeah it's great to see Burger Boy thriving since it's just like Whopper Burger I remember from the early to mid 80s and the Murfs Better Burger I remember from the late 80s to mid 90s.

Are Burger Boy's shakes any good? I used to love grabbing shakes when I'd get a burger in LA since In N Out and Fatburger both make great ones, but quit getting them when I'd grab a burger after coming back to Texas since Whataburger shakes are such trash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get McDonald's fries without salt. Pretty much guarantees they make them fresh for you.

Definitely wouldn't go there as much without the discounts you can get in their app. Also they were almost the only fast food restaurants that had 24hr locations after the Great Reset -- although some Wendy's spots have started doing that in time for chili season.
    The pandemic that ended all day breakfast was pretty much the last straw that killed McDonalds for me. I hate eating in the morning as I gotta be up an hour and a half to have any appe e whatsoever and by then I'm at work. So pretty much only go to McDonalds now if say I'm driving to the coast before 10:30AM and want a chicken biscuit and a hash brown off the highway where I can't get breakfast tacos or Bill Miller pancakes (my gotos if I want fast food breakfast on weekends in town).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    alcohol and tobacco have and will sicken and kill many more than junk food , which causes NAFLD, obesity, diabetes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm old enough to remember Whopper Burger, the original. Then after Burger King bought them out my grandmother used to take me to the Murf's Better Burger on West Ave and that was great too and I'd always try to get my dad to try it but he was never interested until he found out it was owned by the original owner of Whopper Burger. So yeah it's great to see Burger Boy thriving since it's just like Whopper Burger I remember from the early to mid 80s and the Murfs Better Burger I remember from the late 80s to mid 90s.

Are Burger Boy's shakes any good? I used to love grabbing shakes when I'd get a burger in LA since In N Out and Fatburger both make great ones, but quit getting them when I'd grab a burger after coming back to Texas since Whataburger shakes are such trash.

The only one I've tried is the Fruity Pebbles shake and that was pretty good. Starts crunchy, the pebbles get soggy but make it taste like cereal milk. I've heard good things about their Big Red shake, too.

And I ing MISS Murf's burgers. Their chilicheese burger was sooo delicious. Almost as good as Chester's chili cheese burger.

But gospel...Chester's green chili cheese burger is a King. Do a no-toast bun and no lettuce the next time you order...and broken onion rings with a side of ranch...and their shakes are pretty ing good and thick, too. They're just kinda expensive for what they are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol big government liberals like MM policing nutritional choices

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only one I've tried is the Fruity Pebbles shake and that was pretty good. Starts crunchy, the pebbles get soggy but make it taste like cereal milk. I've heard good things about their Big Red shake, too.

And I ing MISS Murf's burgers. Their chilicheese burger was sooo delicious. Almost as good as Chester's chili cheese burger.

But gospel...Chester's green chili cheese burger is a King. Do a no-toast bun and no lettuce the next time you order...and broken onion rings with a side of ranch...and their shakes are pretty ing good and thick, too. They're just kinda expensive for what they are.
    I like Chester's but they're so expensive if I'm going to pay that much I might as well go to Chris Madrid's.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    There's Wegovy and Ozempic now too, if you can afford it...
    Or, for free, just slash your caloric intake and exercise. Voila, it falls off and for free.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    alcohol and tobacco have and will sicken and kill many more than junk food , which causes NAFLD, obesity, diabetes
    Fine on the tobacco side, bouts, but they ain't touchin' alcohol. No in' way. That's pure commerce up and down the line, otherwise why in the name of common sense, decency and love of life would they let people drive to a bar, three hours later come out of said bar and drive away? tee, hee.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Chester's but they're so expensive if I'm going to pay that much I might as well go to Chris Madrid's.

EWWWWWWW. Chris Madrid's is awful. A ty burger buried in cheap mild cheddar cheese melted in a toaster.

Chris Madrid's is the Olive Garden of SA burger joints, complete with leaving their breads near the fly killer.

Bruh, if you want, we can hook up at the Chesters on Pat Booker one night during a Spurs game and I got your food on me. I don't have to pay anything there except for shakes, soda, beer, chicken wings or salads.

Just be cocaine friendly and buy your own booze...they have 200 beers and 30 wines...but let's bring back Spurs viewing parties.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or, for free, just slash your caloric intake and exercise. Voila, it falls off and for free.
    You do realize you're becoming the new Avante, right Dale?

The catch is, mindless losers like Chris and Andy think you're their last vestige.

Chris has never had a unique thought and is pretty much the re ed Derp who was always signaling for a hero and Andy...well, to be honest, there are a BUNCH of ing idiots who think that cretin had a kid and walked out on it like a coon would, so he gets a few points for doing that.

Also, Homer and Effy are the same person. No one really likes them, that's why they are horny to get their heads patted and, since no one likes them, they sniff gs, a PROVEN PEDOPHILE, ass to get acceptance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EWWWWWWW. Chris Madrid's is awful. A ty burger buried in cheap mild cheddar cheese melted in a toaster.

Chris Madrid's is the Olive Garden of SA burger joints, complete with leaving their breads near the fly killer.

Bruh, if you want, we can hook up at the Chesters on Pat Booker one night during a Spurs game and I got your food on me. I don't have to pay anything there except for shakes, soda, beer, chicken wings or salads.

Just be cocaine friendly and buy your own booze...they have 200 beers and 30 wines...but let's bring back Spurs viewing parties.
    LOL gotta really disagree, have loved Chris Madrid's since the early 90s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who do you think didnt succeed and now salts the out of your fries?,,,,when youre cloggin' those vessels and wiping the excess salt off your fingers with a few napkins,,,,just think of ole Hemi,,,,I'm the one pouring double amounts on those es,,,,enjoy!!!!
    So you work at McDonald's? that explains a lot

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You do realize you're becoming the new Avante, right Dale?

The catch is, mindless losers like Chris and Andy think you're their last vestige.

Chris has never had a unique thought and is pretty much the re ed Derp who was always signaling for a hero and Andy...well, to be honest, there are a BUNCH of ing idiots who think that cretin had a kid and walked out on it like a coon would, so he gets a few points for doing that.

Also, Homer and Effy are the same person. No one really likes them, that's why they are horny to get their heads patted and, since no one likes them, they sniff gs, a PROVEN PEDOPHILE, ass to get acceptance.
    We're all human Chooch. Struggling to find our way daily...some days/most days end up a nighttime graveyard walk for me.

I would have done likewise what Andrew did, either that, or, most likely the kid would now be an orphan and I'd be on a row-of-death. Rest assured, she would not have gotten away with that if it cost me my life. I grief for Ange, almost daily. And I pray for his peace of mind, so, that he doesn't do what I would have done.

I'm no better, nor worse than any of us on ST. I'm no sage. I like all you guys, friends and enemies alike, Effy especially for his ed around/Found out thingy. I value you all. Nobody talks sports and politics like you fellows and the guys over on the Suns side of things. It's a wonderment that I found you all. It's a gift I received and shall always cherish.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So you work at McDonald's? that explains a lot
    That extra large metal salt shaker over by the Fries hot light being shook is a sight, Lee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im comparing to other fast food options, not coffee i can make at home or at an actual cafe

Thread Information