Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Count
    (Yes, I know they lost to the Lions. That means they aren't winless, now doesn't it?)

Seriously, has any team in NFL history opened with weaker opponents (save the Giants)? The fact that they are only 2-3, and eked out the 2, says something.

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Campbell benched. Its safe to say his days as a Redskin are numbered. Wish they had gotten Cutler.

Post Count
    Campbell is only about #10 or 15 on the list of people who should be losing their jobs.

Post Count
    Wilbon and Jimmy Johnson nail it:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...101303177.html
    Just in case you didn't get to hear Jimmy Johnson on the Fox pregame show Sunday, I come armed with a transcript. The bet here is Johnson has had this exact conversation with Snyder.
    "Realize that a great 53-man roster is what wins championships, not five or six high-priced stars. Dan Snyder builds his team like its fantasy football and that's a big negative. The Redskins need a GM who can prevent Snyder from making decisions while letting Snyder think he's involved. Who can work that magic? I don't know."
    Going back to Jimmy Johnson, his analysis of the Redskins didn't just center on Snyder. Here's what else he said:
    "[Jim] Zorn . . . he's not good enough to do the work that lies ahead. That's a negative. The scouting department . . . they are trucking around the country doing their job but no one in the D.C. office is trusting their work. That's a negative. The salary cap situation . . . well, that's a negative. The team is bloated with high-priced veterans. On the other side, how about young, up-and-coming players. Hmm, can't think of any . . . Jason Campbell is not championship material . . . Since the roster isn't where it should be, the Redskins need extra draft picks to rebuild, however they don't have any right now; that's a negative. To get any marks in the positive column there has to be a drastic philosophy change . . . "

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    ouch

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    Post Count
    Oh no, is Jimmy politicking for the Redskins job now?

My Team
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Post Count
    Sorry Bigzax

DeSean Jackson, nuff said.

Post Count
    Oh no, is Jimmy politicking for the Redskins job now?
    I'm not sure that Jimmy still has what it takes, and either way I can't believe he would work for Synder after his problems with JJ.

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Cooley being hurt is just a kick in the nuts at this point. I ing love Cooley.

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    cooley hurt does suck, but i was impressed with Davis (pass blocking not withstanding...)

my heart was heavy for JC, down 17-0 when it seemed like he couldn't do anything right...

that first TD drive showed me something about the heart of the team...

but then Randel El fumbling the punt and having an undersized center that can't even snap the ball now...wtf...

i hope they keep deangelo hall on punt return duty.

Jason has alot of heart, but i couldn't help but shake my head in dissappointment and nod in agreement with the commentators that say he's not meant for a quick read, quick throw offense...

yeah, our oline is subpar and can't open any running holes with any consistency, and yes, philly gave JC a pounding, but it seems too many plays are being left on the field by our QB...

i can't believe they cut chase daniel and put colt brennan on IR for the year...

i would advocate bringing in jeff garcia is they want to win some games this year...

the offseason has to be about getting a GM that can build the oline and get a westcoast qb...

i'd personally like to keep zorn at least another year as i don't see him as the problem. if you can't run the ball and your qb can't make reads, thinks too much, is afraid to pull the trigger...etc...then you are behind the 8ball from the beginning...

All that said...our D is impressive.
    One shutdown corner away from superbowl caliber imo. Hail Skins.

cooley hurt does suck, but i was impressed with Davis (pass blocking not withstanding...)

my heart was heavy for JC, down 17-0 when it seemed like he couldn't do anything right...

that first TD drive showed me something about the heart of the team...

but then Randel El fumbling the punt and having an undersized center that can't even snap the ball now...wtf...

i hope they keep deangelo hall on punt return duty.

Jason has alot of heart, but i couldn't help but shake my head in dissappointment and nod in agreement with the commentators that say he's not meant for a quick read, quick throw offense...

yeah, our oline is subpar and can't open any running holes with any consistency, and yes, philly gave JC a pounding, but it seems too many plays are being left on the field by our QB...

i can't believe they cut chase daniel and put colt brennan on IR for the year...

i would advocate bringing in jeff garcia is they want to win some games this year...

the offseason has to be about getting a GM that can build the oline and get a westcoast qb...

i'd personally like to keep zorn at least another year as i don't see him as the problem. if you can't run the ball and your qb can't make reads, thinks too much, is afraid to pull the trigger...etc...then you are behind the 8ball from the beginning...

All that said...our D is impressive.
    One shutdown corner away from superbowl caliber imo. Hail Skins.
    i think zorn will be a good coach some day - but it won't be here. he needs to start from scratch like beliceck did after cleveland.

chase daniel sucks (relative to other professional QBs). i still have some hope for brennan. but daniel was a weak armed guy who was the product of a system where he NEVER had to read a pre-snap defense at mizzou. even after the snap, it was just toss an 8 yard curl to maclin and let him run to get you 90 yards in passing offense.

his clone reesing is still at Kansas. both would make Campbell look like Peyton Manning.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    i'm in love...

Post Count
    forgetting the real problem and looking at the field of play,

we should all realize that our oline, while decent in pass protection, really really sucks at run blocking.

don't know if buges is past his prime as a coach or not, but once again it's on vinnie as our pseudo GM to put some hogs on the field. i didn't expect an overhaul overnight, but samuels has been over rated for years, 'false start' dockery was a cheap fix and a C- updgrade from an F with what's his face last year...Rabach is undersized as a center and gets pushed around with ease...

the writing was on the wall with Thomas and his injury history....it was on the wall with BIG BOLD LETTERS...and snyderatto must have decided that it was best to just cross our fingers, hold our breath, and be content with rookies and late round picks that might be able to contribute should the need arise...

Jansen was finally let go...thank God...but about 2 years too late...and while i'm very glad we got Orakpo...I wanted Oher to be our RT, and he is now with the superbowl bound ravens... .

So we got another guy with 'potential' at RT, who couldn't even beat out an overmatched, overpowered and gimpy Jansen last year....Heyer got the job by default.

Add this to Zorn's lack of run scheme disguises...(does anyone NOT know when the skins are gonna run?)...i.e....no runs out of a spread formation or a double tight ends spread wide set...

and then throw in a just past his prime portis who obviously was a step slower LAST YEAR...

and what do you have?

you have runs that more often than not go for a net gain of ONE ING YARD.

you have a uva hard time scoring in the redzone...cuz no one is afraid of the run and they know exactly when it's coming...

you have a team that will crumble...

you have the Snderatto Skins.

Dude you COMPLETELY jinxed the out of us......

As much as I hate the 'Skins, Id rather see them compe ive. Nothing like a good Cowboys-Redskins matchup with something on the line....

Thats not to say I won't make fun of them while they are down.

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Dude you COMPLETELY jinxed the out of us......

yeah sorry about that...but How Bout dem Superbowl bound Cowboys!

I wouldn't mind the Cowboys signing Cambell in the offseason to be our QB3. Develop him for a few years, I think he could be more than serviceable. I think the Redskin franchise has ruined him for the time being.

Under Dan Snyder they will always need to bring in a Vet to QB his teams. They will just ruin young guys.

Thread Information