Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miggy isn't even fat. And the catcher is also a "fatball" player, who executed a nice double leg takedown. Fighting is yet another thing baseball players are better at than Doublehandjoball players.

vs.

Baseball. Always. Wins.
    Hockey beats 'em all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Snoozeball gonna snoozeball.

Orioles game, photo was taken yesterday. Feel free to bust out more attendance graphs though

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    ITALIAN CLUB TRIESTINA FILL STADIUM WITH FAKE VINYL FANS TO MAKE IT LOOK FULL ON TELEVISION

Tired of having his stadium look deserted on matchdays, the general manager of Serie B side Triestina has taken drastic steps to flesh out the attendance at the club’s 32,454-capacity Stadio Nereo Rocco by filling the empty seats with fake fans.

Ahead of last Saturday’s home game against Padova, Triestina GM Marco Cernaz had a series of huge vinyl posters stretched across 10,000 vacant seats, depicting a thronging mass of supporters in the stand opposite the television cameras.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/fail/...elevision.html

Holy , povertyball is pathetic.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All those examples from lesser divisions and/or preseason games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All those examples from lesser divisions and/or preseason games.
    This another one of your crew's stupid comparisons. Baseball is played almost everyday, with many games during the week and in the afternoon during working hours. You're not going to draw big every game.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Fakefanball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's a lower league

They play in a 32K capacity stadium for a reason. And lower leagues draw pretty well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The finish this off, the MLB is the most attended sports league in the world and also on a per week basis by 600K. Yeah, there's a load of games, but there wouldn't be that amount of games if people weren't willing to watch and attend to the point where it's profitable.

B.A.W.

Baseball. Always. Wins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their "sport" consistently finds ways to be pathetic.

From all the diving, thumbs up the ass on the field, double hand job videos, Mario Party minigames, FIFA corruption scandals, slaves dying in Qatar from building stadiums, and fake fans in the stadiums

Only popular because it's cheap to play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, there's a load of games, but there wouldn't be that amount of games if people weren't willing to watch and attend to the point where it's profitable.
    Yeah, let's just ignore the fact that the biggest reason why they can get away with that kind of schedule is bc the game is dull and stationary. Non-pitchers probably burn about 100 calories per game, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, let's just ignore the fact that the biggest reason why they can get away with that kind of schedule is bc the game is dull and stationary. Non-pitchers probably burn about 100 calories per game, tbh.
    Decathletes burn less than a baseball player aside from the mile. So...

Still using the stupid calorie logic.

End of the day, though, baseball athletes>>>>your soccer twinks in athleticism, as proven time and time again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Play 3 weeks in a row yet you rave about how demanding it is.

No endurance needed, very little movement, non-contact sport, literally sit for half the game. What exactly sets it apart from billiards, darts, or bowling?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Play 3 weeks in a row yet you rave about how demanding it is.

No endurance needed, very little movement, non-contact sport, literally sit for half the game. What exactly sets it apart from billiards, darts, or bowling?
    Decathlon is a non-contact sport which is played over two days, with 1 hour breaks between events, events that burn about 10-40 calories each aside from the mile, which burns about 150 calories. So over the 2 day, 10 hour session (spent mostly standing around watching others compete), a decathlete will burn about 400-600 calories.

You know why there's only one stamina event? Because it's the least impressive athletic trait. Soccer burns about as much calories as Richard Simmons Sweatin to the Oldies. Wow! So demanding.

Are you tasked with hitting 90-105 mph projectiles in darts or bowling? Are you tasked with throwing 90-100 mph in darts or bowling? Tasked with sprinting over 20 mph? Nope. Baseball is demanding because it's in' hard as to do any of those things, much harder than the routine actions in other sports. Why do you think NBA draft picks are ready from day one while only like 3 players chosen in the 2015 draft have played a game in the majors? More demanding sport. Simple as that.

Calories
    Running around
    Stamina
    Contact

None of those things make a sport hard. You were a cross country runner in high school, weren't you? Most of the unathletic kids who couldn't throw, catch, hit etc were (track overlaps with high school baseball season)
    Last edited by midnightpulp; 08-30-2017 at 06:01 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You only have 300ms window to react and swing to a 100mph fastball.

Since the typical reaction time is 200 ms, and it takes 100 ms to swing the bat, this leaves just 100 ms of observation time on which the hitter can base his swing.
    Here's the average Joe's (e.g. FKLA) bat speed compared to a pro:

It's literally impossible for the average Joe to move the bat fast enough to hit a 100mph fastball. And that just assumes a straight fastball from a machine, nothing like the moving, tailing you see from live pitching.

And this dumbass wants to compare that to darts and bowling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you be called a great bowler or dart player if you fail 7 times out of 10 like hitters are in baseball? Is the strike zone as small as a bull's eye in darts? There's difficulty in those games at the most elite level too. , even being a professional e-gamer is hard af.

The argument isn't that there isnt any difficulty involved in baseball. It's that it's a lazy, stationary, non-contact, dull, overly long (both season and individual games) game that takes very little out of its "athletes" relative to real sports.
    Last edited by FkLA; 08-30-2017 at 06:34 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And no I wasn't a cross country runner. I actually am pretty bad and hate pretty much all forms of high-impact cardio. The only type I've found enjoyable is cycling and I've only recently started doing that. Even in soccer, I was just a goalie. Not sure why you minimize stamina just bc your lazy ass sport doesn't require it. It's tough and takes a lot of mental toughness to keep going when your body is fatigued imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you be called a great bowler or dart player if you fail 7 times out of 10 like hitters are in baseball? Is the strike zone as small as a bull's eye in darts? There's difficulty in those games at the most elite level too. , even being a professional e-gamer is hard af.

The argument isn't that there isnt any difficulty involved in baseball. It's that it's a lazy, stationary, dull, overly long (both season and individual games) game that takes very little out of its "athletes" relative to real sports.
    You're so re ed. You're only throwing 8 feet away from darts. Not from 60 feet away and against another player trying to hit the projectile back at you.

You also don't understand my main point. Hitting is the ROUTINE action that baseball is built around, much like throwing the dart is the routine action darts is built around. You can get up from the couch right now and probably score a tonnage in 501 (a decent score). And even if you can't, you are still able to THROW the dart to at least play the game. You have no holy hope in of even hitting an 80mph pitch fair. You can go down to the rec center, and play basketball, even if you're , because as long as you can run, you can at least contribute some on defense and hustle plays. I've bowled multiple 200 games with house balls just throwing the ball straight. And I bowl maybe once a month. Without lessons nor practicing, I'm already at 75% of a "perfect game." My average is probably about 150 (a mid-tier pro is at about 210ish). I have no chance in of even hitting .050 off MLB pitching. I'd be lucky to make contact. The respective learning curves aren't comparable. So thus your comparison is re ed.

And what's with this "endurance/physical demanding" logic? How physically demanding a sport is doesn't make it harder. Golf is in another universe of difficulty compared to basketball, so I don't get the asinine point you're trying to make by valuing sports based on their "physical demands" (whatever that means). And on that, there's a lot of physical demanding work behind the development of a swing, throwing arm, and running speed in order to compete as a pro baseball player.

Your logic is trash.
    Last edited by midnightpulp; 08-30-2017 at 07:45 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And no I wasn't a cross country runner. I actually am pretty bad and hate pretty much all forms of high-impact cardio. The only type I've found enjoyable is cycling and I've only recently started doing that. Even in soccer, I was just a goalie. Not sure why you minimize stamina just bc your lazy ass sport doesn't require it. It's tough and takes a lot of mental toughness to keep going when your body is fatigued imo.
    Takes more mental toughness to keep your fine motor skills under control in a high pressure situation that you have time to think through (e.g. 0-2 count, bottom of the 9th, bases loaded, down 1). 102 year olds run marathons. Cardio isn't an impressive athletic trait, thus why there's only one event dedicated to it in the decathlon.

Calling baseball lazy when you love football

The only players who get tired in football are linemen, simply because they are obese, not because playing the line is actually cardio intensive. And the two most important positions in football (QB and kicker) require absolutely zero cardio. Yeah, football is a little more active than baseball, but not to the point where a cardio comparison would even matter. And the skill demands between baseball and football are a joke.

But football is a "real sport" because a few guys (only WR and Corners) sprint for about a mile over 4 in' hours with long breaks in between. Don't get me wrong, I love football when it's not ruined by the NFL, but all those arguments can be used against football. In fact, soccer fans often use them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the final question for you. What isn't "physically demanding" about swinging a bat 92-100mph to hit a ball travelling about the same speed? The average Joe's bat speed is about 40-50 mph (from all the data I've seen). Fastest bat speed on record is 106mph.

The average Joe is closer in top sprint speed (12ish mph) to an NFL wide receiver than he is in bat speed to an MLB player.

You falsely think hitting is just a "skill." Nope. None of us here likely have the "pure" athleticism to swing a bat that fast, just like we don't have the pure athleticism to run 23mph or jump 38".

Ultimately, I'm in the camp that measures how demanding a sport is by its skill demands rather than athletic demands, because developing skills are harder than just "keeping fit," which only requires doing mundane, easy to perform physical tasks (lifting, jogging, etc), while the development of skills actually requires a fine tuned kind of practice. Playing the piano>running around.
    Last edited by midnightpulp; 08-30-2017 at 07:42 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pitcher = Darts player.

both fat and looking for a target.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pitcher = Darts player.

both fat and looking for a target.
    Your 5'5", 120lb ass wouldn't even be able to throw the ball the complete 60 feet

Meanwhile, you can kick a ball around. Nothing hard about it.
    Last edited by midnightpulp; 08-30-2017 at 08:01 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lots of people arent into powerlifiting.

Baseball is as lame and simple as powerlifiting tbh. Nothing athletic about it. No skill.

Its a game devoid of creativity...Thats why you never hear anyone refer to baseball players as magicians.

Its simply a game for the uncreative and re s.

Thread Information