Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats

The course apparently had a bad rep. The old-ass course co-coordinator loved to take questions that were levels beyond what was taught in class and what was available in the textbook. I thought about doing a minor in math until that course.
    That's how the math department at a lot of colleges works, fortunately I have 1 of very few teachers at UA who had a test the same difficulty as the homework.

What those questions do is make it so what you learn in class and in the homework has to become 2nd nature to you that you're able to apply those concepts to harder problems on the tests. It makes sense at times but the professors get way carried away with it sometimes.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    I've never touched alcohol, but it seems re ed to do it before class. I have a hard enough time with classes without making harder on myself lol.

Then again, I wouldn't know.
    You don't know what you're missing. lol Fun .

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Utah Jazz
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    Lots of things are fun. As I remember you also defended cough syrup highs in the name of having a good time. Part of being an adult, a member of society, is putting aside things that are fun in order to accomplish things that are difficult. In other words, if you get off in history class, it better be because you're really into Rome, rather than the thrill of sitting there hammered at eleven in the morning.

Name
    Beastly McBeast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I smoke sometimes, it makes class interesting. I smoked before one of my math tests last year, it took me like an hour to do 20 problems on my test lol, I'd try to figure out some simple math in my head but I kept on forgetting what I was trying to solve lol.

On the last day of high school someone brought a bottle of crown royal and my friends all got drunk during lunch. My friend Isaac (he was pretty drunk) was arguing with like everyone in class for no reason lol, I thought he was gonna get caught for sure.

In my junior some guy I knew got drunk before school, he was walking on the bleachers and fell down hardcore, I laughed my ass off.

The only time I'll drink is when I'm at a party, cause girls are horny as when they're drunk lol. I gotta watch myself though, last time some ugly caught me slippin and almost took advantage of me lol. I almost banged her but I sobered up after a while, and realized how ugly she was.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    Lots of things are fun. As I remember you also defended cough syrup highs in the name of having a good time. Part of being an adult, a member of society, is putting aside things that are fun in order to accomplish things that are difficult. In other words, if you get off in history class, it better be because you're really into Rome, rather than the thrill of sitting there hammered at eleven in the morning.
    I defend it only if you know you can't do it that often. If it takes over your life, you will yourself up.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

The course apparently had a bad rep. The old-ass course co-coordinator loved to take questions that were levels beyond what was taught in class and what was available in the textbook. I thought about doing a minor in math until that course.
    LOL. The only time I had anything like that in the math department was my first midterm in my first probability class. The professor was fresh off his Ph.D from Cambridge, and gave us a Cambridge-level exam I guess. I was freaking out when I got my test back and had a 65 until he announced 60+ was an A and 15+ was passing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Damn, the pussification of America is getting stronger.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    LOL. The only time I had anything like that in the math department was my first midterm in my first probability class. The professor was fresh off his Ph.D from Cambridge, and gave us a Cambridge-level exam I guess. I was freaking out when I got my test back and had a 65 until he announced 60+ was an A and 15+ was passing.
    I had a 4th year engineering structures class like that. 3 hours 3 problems. sucker just blew us away. I wanted to puke when I walked out of there. I used an entire legal pad for calculations and was into a second. Made a 28 which turned out to be an A. Bas .

Name
    Beastly McBeast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

There's that talk again.

Name
    Christy
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I dunno ... when I was a senior in college each credit hour was $282, and the last time I checked it was over $750 per credit hour. Considering only 1/2 of my tuition was scholarships, I had to obtain loans for the rest .. so I didn't have the time or the money to be ing off on a regular basis and risk unacceptable grades. Because that could have also cost me my scholarships.

That being said ... I went to an evening class one time after partying at a pool with some friends all day with a big cup of beer in my hand. Fortunately, my friend intercepted right before I walked into class. I bowed out about 1/2 way through when my buzz started to wear off.

Aggieland Spurs Fan LoneStarState'sPride's Avatar
    Name
    D-J-A-N-G-O.....the "D" is silent
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies

Yeah, so I've heard..........don't care though. Lots of other fun to do, like graduating the out of college lol.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    A comm major can probably get away being drunk 24/7 anyway....

Name
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Tbh, what do comm majors do once they're done wtih college. I never understood what kind of career a communication major leads to.

Name
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Tbh, what do comm majors do once they're done wtih college. I never understood what kind of career a communication major leads to.
    I have no clue. Need to ask my comm major gf (but she's already got a slot with the USAF lined up, so she might not know either :P)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Oklahoma State Cowboys
    Never done it tbh. Most of my classes are in the mornings, so I never have the desire to.
    I drink once I get out.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    i don't know if you also have drama classes bro but if you do, these classes are just the ones you should get high before attending, especially when your to act some emotional roles like romeo etc.... you may kiss/caress your juliet as much as you want because being high will be a decent excuse for those behaviors.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    Never done it tbh. Most of my classes are in the mornings, so I never have the desire to.
    I drink once I get out.
    but obviously none of them is literature related TBH.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Oklahoma State Cowboys
    you mean are literature related, tbh

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Tbh sounds like a philosophy or literature/english majors, basically only useful if you continue on to law/medical school etc.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    News anchor, weathermen, anybody on TV usually majors in that.

tbh, i'm trying to get into broadcasting, not necessarily in sports or anything, just general studies.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Wasn't hating tbh. It was an honest question, the only other people I know who are comm majors are athletes.

Name
    Eliza S.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Comm can lead to print journalism (photography, writing, etc), media, productions, and if there is social communication theory or interpersonal communications, it can segue nicely into a social work field.

Liberal arts degrees aren't inherently useless, you know. The people who have them generally have a good grasp of writing, theory, analysis and general history. IMO, a college education should not be exclusively about a job after college.

(yeah, I have a BA in history. I loved studying it. If I do a masters I prefer to do it in history instead of an MBA. Though I now have to take a couple of accounting classes, so who knows. . . sigh)

Name
    Eliza S.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And no, I never did shots before class. I mostly limited my drinking to the weekends, save that semester where I was well on my way to becoming an alcoholic. I drank a lot that semester.

I tend to agree with SW - it was too expensive a venture to around with. Not that I was a model student or anything. I sort of cringe now to look back on myself then.

<(*_*)>
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Oklahoma Sooners
    Mass comm and journalism are very similar majors, with journalism obviously a little more behind the scenes.

To succeed in mass comm you have to be VERY good at public speaking cause you're the one who will always be on TV or presenting info, and if you're in journalism you have to be good at writing.

I remember dating a girl who majored in journalism in college and had her do all my english hw for me Those were the days

Yeah I sucked at English, lol at me now.

Thread Information