Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep in mind: As much as Wiggins is an albatross, they actually need him until they can find a viable replacement on the wing.

It'd be similar for the Spurs. If they lose Aldridge and DeRozan, they need someone to inherit their role. He can't credibly do it, but by default he'd serve as the go-to scorer for a team trying to avoid bottoming out. In that sense, he'd represent some value to them and the Warriors would know this.

Anyway, it's not happening, but hypothetically speaking that's the only variation that could make sense.

The funny thing about Wiggins, is that Pop managed to make Rudy Gay efficient. If he can do that, he can clean up Wiggins game to the point they may be able to flip him for an asset down the line.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not one to do the whole sources thing but just reading some tea leaves I think we're reading this all wrong. I think we wouldn't even get Wiggins. I think the person they want to move silently is Draymond. Let's just say he hasn't been easy to deal with an is contract is seen as a albatross. Once again I have no sources but It wouldn't surprise me that if a deal is to be done it's for Draymond and not Wiggins.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not one to do the whole sources thing but just reading some tea leaves I think we're reading this all wrong. I think we wouldn't even get Wiggins. I think the person they want to move silently is Draymond. Let's just say he hasn't been easy to deal with an is contract is seen as a albatross. Once again I have no sources but It wouldn't surprise me that if a deal is to be done it's for Draymond and not Wiggins.
    Basketball wise this is unlikely, they ran most of their sets off of Draymond.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basketball wise this is unlikely, they ran most of their sets off of Draymond.
    And a headcase talker like Draymond is as anti-Spur as you can get. No way that happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And a headcase talker like Draymond is as anti-Spur as you can get. No way that happens.
    Like DDR?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

-spurs move up without wiggins. that roster + the #6 and #11 = stacked

-warriors get la

-okc get the #2

-hawks make the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm fine if it's Wiggins + 2 for Aldridge, or Aldridge +41 and Milutinov's rights. I don't hate Wiggins the player.

Just don't want to give up 11 when I'm not sure that whoever goes #2 is better than whoever goes #7 or #8. And could therefore slide to 11.

But if GS also wants to absorb Gay into their Traded Player Exception I'd give him over for free, or for a top 55 protected 2nd or whatever to make the trade work. That's a free throw in for them.
    - Milutinov has no trade value and it's unlikely that he'd ever come over.

-41 is ok value but not enough to move the needle. Also, it's hard for GSW to justify giving up the #2 to pick just to save on Wiggins and picking up Aldridge and the 41st pick. I don't think they'd even consider that deal.

-If the Spurs are being agressive enough to even look at moving into the top 3, that at least suggests that they are very high on a player. They usually don't miss on picks and if they hit on #2 then that's likely a future star player.

I think there are players available at 11 that can be good starters but none that project as a star. If the Spurs think there's a star and there's a shot at getting him, they should absolutely include 11.

- Gay definitely seems to have value around the league, but the Spurs reportedly overvalued him-- likely meaning they wanted a first for him. He could be added to the deal, if necessary to try and close it out:

Aldridge, Gay and 11 for Wiggins, Looney and #2.

That would also have the benefit of offsetting Wiggins salary for this upcoming season as well as clear out minutes for Samanic.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Warriors should do it and Spurs do it for Wiseman (assuming Minny doesn't trade #1 pick because he said he won't play for Minny).

Aldridge is a perfect fit for Warriors offense. Warriors are in win now mode not rebuilding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How good do you guys think Wiseman would be to lose an allstar big now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge isn't an all-star anymore, he's still good though. Wiseman should be pretty good out of the gate but getting Wiseman is more about the next decade. He has a very high ceiling and a solid floor tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here’s a crazy idea:
    LMA & Forbes for #2 pick & Wiggins from GS
    DD, Beli & #11 for # 1 from Minnesota

Full rebuild and pick of the litter 2x

Just an idea, no idea if either is even possible.
    lol

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He played 22 min in college against a good team. He's a mystery man with freakish tools. I think that's his appeal among fans, we never really saw his flaws.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He played 22 min in college against a good team. He's a mystery man with freakish tools. I think that's his appeal among fans, we never really saw his flaws.
    He has bad hands. Doesn't catch passes as well as he should.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The worst contract right now is the one you have to attach an asset to move so that's Wiggins.
    Houston had to attach 2 first rounders and two pick swaps to CP3s contract to move it last year. OKCs stated intent was to move that contract, and they were unable to do so.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston had to attach 2 first rounders and two pick swaps to CP3s contract to move it last year. OKCs stated intent was to move that contract, and they were unable to do so.
    Not after he carried OKC to the playoffs. Paul most likely would be dealt this offseason, we would see if your valuation of him holds true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm fine if it's Wiggins + 2 for Aldridge, or Aldridge +41 and Milutinov's rights. I don't hate Wiggins the player.

Just don't want to give up 11 when I'm not sure that whoever goes #2 is better than whoever goes #7 or #8. And could therefore slide to 11.

But if GS also wants to absorb Gay into their Traded Player Exception I'd give him over for free, or for a top 55 protected 2nd or whatever to make the trade work. That's a free throw in for them.
    Golden State will let that TPE expire. They have zero interest in taking on new salary. They’re already at $148M plus #2 pick at $9M plus a huge tax bill for next year, and $158 plus the second year of #2 plus another huge tax bill for the following year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

-spurs move up without wiggins. that roster + the #6 and #11 = stacked

-warriors get la

-okc get the #2

-hawks make the playoffs
    Bad trade for the Spurs. We take on bad contracts and dont really improve. this may get us in the PO but after 2 years we would be at the bottom with older players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like the Heat are going for Aldridge

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like the Heat are going for Aldridge
    link?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are overlooking the cap implications of all these trade. It's nearly impossible for them to do a LMA for Wiggins and 2 trade and stay under the tax. It would add like $13 Million to their pay roll. They'd have to hope someone is willing to take DMDR and give back mostly cap space or that GS would want Gay or Murray. And maybe Murray and LMA for Wiggins and 2 is appealing to them. But unlike most years for the Spurs, draft picks aren't basically free. An underrated reason why GS might be willing to trade down is the untold amount of cash it'd save them.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't think it will happen but it is a trade where everybody wins...

Spurs get off of a player who is just not a fit for how they want to play basketball and get to draft Wiseman.

Warriors still get a lottery pick and get a player in Aldridge that does fit in to how they want to play basketball...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge on the warriors would be deadly with his 3 point shooting and rim protection

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge on the warriors would be deadly with his 3 point shooting and rim protection
    Aldridge still has a good 2-3 years left of playing at a high level. Warriors are in a win now mode so I feel he would be a great fit for them.

Thread Information