Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when is the last time you see a pro player not know where to throw an inbound pass.. jr high skill for a point guard..
    Rack it.

And don't have to be a point guard to know how to throw a damn inbound pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell, Collins, and Wemby can all shoot the three.

Tre Jones is also shooting a higher percentage than Keldon right now, albeit on lower volume.

I know the starting unit always needs shooting, but you can't just break everything else because one guy is a marginally better shooter and frankly I don't see any way Pop and Co bring Sochan off the bench.

It's between Keldon or Jones and Tre is better at running the team.
    Wemby can't shoot the three

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    The players surrounding your 1st overall phenom are scrubs. Saying their names repeatedly and building shrines to them here doesn't make them better players. They are the reason you were able to draft Wemby. Do you expect them to shine suddenly? Spurs will need to make some big moves to compete and I am not sure they are willing to do that right now, but you never know.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need upgrades to the roster. People think a 19 year old can turn around one of the worst teams in the league last year in year one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby can't shoot the three
    Neither can Keldon, if we are being brutally honest

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KJ can’t do much to impact the game positively if we are being brutally honest. He’s a bench player at best. Really I think we would have the best bench in the league if we ever get some real starters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope this experiment will not destroy his confidence. He made the all-rookie 2nd team and was deemed as having great potential moving forward. But now it seems he regressed in all aspect of his game.

I remember Beno Udrih was destroyed by Linsay Hunter in the 2005 Finals (his rookie year) where he can't even dribble the ball past half court...

Eventually, he lost Pop's trust and was benched. Brent Barry replaced him as the backup PG till Beno was traded.
    my gripe is that if we were going to have Sochan as a PG experiment, it should have been with him coming off the bench. Him, Cedi, Branham Graham, and Bassey could be a very formidable bench unit with good shooting, good passing, and passable defense.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for s sake....They guy cant make easy layups.....Pretty much useless on offense....Defence is sus as well
    I never saw this great defense he supposedly supposed to have... He constantly gets cooked

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im not worried about him generally. he's just being asked to do something he's not equipped to do. the main part that concerns me is his defensive impact. not sure where he's supposed to excel there. what archetype player is he supposed to be a good defensive matchup against?

he does enough of the little things on offense to be useful, like we saw last year. a post up here, a cut/dunk/lob there, a midrange jumper here, a nice pocket pass there. but doing enough to be viable on the floor offensively

a) is fine as long as you are also an impact defender
    b) doesnt mean that he should be thrust into the role of the primary offensive initiator
    The issue with this is that him not being a good PG dramatically slows the development of Wemby... And once that "bust", talk starts, who knows how it will affect Wemby's confidence... He may not be able to recover

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no hope for Sochan. Hopefully we can package him and Keldon for someone we need. Both those two can go. And no I'm not cliff jumping, I just don't rate those 2 and find Keldon is just flat out annoying with his non stop screaming and flexing

thanks for the input boomer

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not good.

lol so he should be happy so far?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The issue with this is that him not being a good PG dramatically slows the development of Wemby... And once that "bust", talk starts, who knows how it will affect Wemby's confidence... He may not be able to recover
    some of you really need to stop projecting your mental weakness onto these players JFC......

Sochan never going to recover from having his dribble picked, Wemby not going to recover from being called a bust, what's next? Keldon's never going to recover from clanking yet another 3??

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread is classic ST.

Last year the team was 5-2 after 7 games and there was talk here about making the play-in and shocking the world. We all know what happened after that.

It's been 3 games so far. Treat small sample sizes appropriately.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread is classic ST.

Last year the team was 5-2 after 7 games and there was talk here about making the play-in and shocking the world. We all know what happened after that.

It's been 3 games so far. Treat small sample sizes appropriately.
    Careful with that sort reasonable thinking. It's frowned upon here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ nothing to worry about. So Pop started Bryn Forbes for 3 games in a row.

Classic ST over reaction.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan at PG experiment might or might not work, I personally think it can't work, but the problem is that even if it works, it's not a good fit with neither Wemby nor the rest of the roster.

Devin is the only supposedly key piece except Wemby who fits the modern NBA.
    Keldon can be an energy guy off the bench for a playoff team, but that's it.
    Zach is a C that can't defend.
    Tre isn't a key piece, but he's an undersized point guard who can't shoot.
    That's why Cedi looked great in these few games. Because he's the only modern NBA wing.

We have too many of these...abstract players that need way too many things to go their way in order to look good.
    I personally think that Jeremy can be a perfect pair for Victor once he moves to C, but he'll never be a point guard.

But the biggest issue I have is that this season should be all about maximizing Victor's growth.
    And having Sochan at PG is just awful for Victor. And for everyone else, tbh.

It's obvious that the baseline for this team should be Victor and Devin as 1A/AB. Everyone else needs to adjust.
    Hopefully PATFO sees the light and we get an experienced point guard to run the show.

And hopefully Victor starts playing C whenever there's no actual elite post scorers on the other team. His limited minutes at C have shown us it's literally game breaking.
    That's when Jeremy comes in as a perfect PF.

If not, then we need shooters to help Jeremy be useful as a PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He shot .398 for a whole season, I wonder if the scouting report that year was to help off him and leave him open and not close out on him. I didn't watch many games that year so I don't know lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy cant ing shoot for

Doesnt have the hops of lateral mobility either

And hes mediocre at D at best

So at the 3 or 4 doesnt matter. Dude is a zero
    And he has no handles. And he seems to be missing Wemby on a lot of plays. He's a -1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A smart guy said in the preseason that Sochan isn't a PG and never will be.

That same smart guy also said Wemby needs to stop playing like a 7'5" Allen Iverson and get closer to the basket. I wonder how many more games will it take for SpursTalk to catch up with that take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this thread is relevant again.

Sochan is no longer the PG...but he still sucks...did Pop destroyed his confidence?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    POp broke him just as he did to Lonnie

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s the worst player in the league, bar none. It used to be Malakai Branham but he’s at least been somewhat efficient as of late. Trae Young should be charged with terrorism to my beautiful country for allowing this scrub to drop 30

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope that Sochan's trade value is at least a 2nd round pick. tbh.

Right now he can't def at high level.
    Can't pass.
    Can't dribble.
    Can't rebound at high level.
    3 point % improved but not moving any needle.
    No chemistry with Wemby. Probably having the worst chemistry (passing term) with Wemby
    Undersized PF.
    No mid-range.

Thread Information