Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering how LMA ticks I just do not think it will work out, so to maximise the sum of what we get out of both players I think my suggestion was not that bad. Also I really think Kawhi too a little backseat regarding defense last season because scoring 25 points a game and be the best defender of a team is tough on your body.
    Garbage. Kawhi should always have the green light. He is an ELITE scorer and an ELITE defender on par with the GREATS.
    LMA just needs to get his ass down the court, quick as a cat, establish position and let things fall where they may.

And then keep busting his ass on D.

I don't ever want Kawhi feeling like his play is being stunted by that diaper-wipe Aldridge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then why was he ing about touches in the offseason?
    because he wasn't being put in his spots.. it's not about how many times he touches the ball, but the positions in which he touches it and the times we call a play that puts him in the proper spot. I think we know him better now, and he knows his role better. I think it will be just fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because he wasn't being put in his spots.. it's not about how many times he touches the ball, but the positions in which he touches it and the times we call a play that puts him in the proper spot. I think we know him better now, and he knows his role better. I think it will be just fine.
    Knows his spots? He had a foul laden James harden in the low post and took a fade away in a playoff game... He is who he has always been

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically this. Waited too late in the shotclock to give him the ball. Gave him the ball while he was out by the 3 pt line expecting him to manufacture etc. It’s easy to understand

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do realize that if you want to increase the numbers of isos for Kawhi to fit your personal standards, then the numbers of all the other players would increase too and Kawhi would still be one of the superstars in the league that isos the less, right?

And seeing how the Spurs' offense last season was ranked 6th, I would say that yeah, that means that "the offense the Spurs had was fine".

Also, seeing how the Spurs rank this season as a below average offense I would say that they are desperately needing Kawhi and his "isos" back, tbh.

But nice attempt trying to save face after I caught you talking out of your ass again. Next time try checking the stats before saying something you think it's true, so I don't have to come and correct you, tbh.
    There was no face-saving here. I look at stats all the time. You seem to only be able to cite them, which is why we have to have so many discussions on what the stats actually mean.

It doesn't matter if Kawhi iso's as much as other super stars. My issue isn't with him as an individual player, but with how the Spurs are using him. Isos are what Kawhi does best, but Pop has yet to leverage that into an offense, and Kawhi himself hasn't become predictable passing off his plays, and until he does the other guys will struggle. There's a reason why other guys could shine with Aldridge and Parker but struggle with Kawhi, and it's not because those two are better scorers or because the rest of the team just happened to suck with him at the helm. Looking at one stat won't tell you the reality. However, these are the ORtgs of the team in games in which Parker has played this year:

11/29 -- 119
    12/1 -- 107
    12/4 -- 101
    12/6 -- 131
    12/8 -- 116

(Those are truncated, not rounded).

Small sample size and all that, but if you're going to be obsessed with numbers, you can make a very good argument that the offense is performing better with Parker (Mr Bad Offense in your world) than it did in Isopia last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That all being said, I loved that ESPN graphic showing LMA's "transformation" where the only numbers that changed were his FGA and PPG.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The big change is that when he has a shorter guy on him he is working on position deep and demanding ball and his team mates are giving him the ball. When you see switches and a Guard is on him U can tell that’s by design which didn’t see much last year.

I don’t see Kawhi having any problems he just wants to win

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gone like a thief in the night or will Kawhi's touches go down to keep LMA happy? How would this work exactly? Will LMA get most touches in the first 3 quarters and then Kawhi takes over in the 4th? Will the spacing change compared to the past couple seasons with them on the floor at the same time?
    LMA doesn't just need touches. He needs time with the ball for the play to develop. They'll basically be asking Kawhi to reverse course and play more off the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, fortunately Kawhi and LMA don't play in a big market. If they were in Los Angeles, the media would be trying to instigate tension between them over touches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was no face-saving here. I look at stats all the time. You seem to only be able to cite them, which is why we have to have so many discussions on what the stats actually mean.
    Yeah, because you come up with conclusions and analysis that don't relate at all with the stats and reality.

It doesn't matter if Kawhi iso's as much as other super stars. My issue isn't with him as an individual player, but with how the Spurs are using him. Isos are what Kawhi does best, but Pop has yet to leverage that into an offense, and Kawhi himself hasn't become predictable passing off his plays, and until he does the other guys will struggle.
    The Spurs' offense has been elite the past two years with Kawhi as the number one option.

See? This is your problem: you say you check stats but then come up with statements that don't relate to reality at all.

here's a reason why other guys could shine with Aldridge and Parker but struggle with Kawhi,
    Mmh, what? In what alternative reality of yours does this happen? Because it sure as isn't happening on this universe where the Spurs went from being an elite offense the past two seasons with Kawhi to a below average one without him this season, tbh.

and it's not because those two are better scorers or because the rest of the team just happened to suck with him at the helm.
    Again, this doesn't happen. This isn't a thing except on your own subjective misguided mind, tbh. That's why you should pay more attention to stats instead of your clearly flawed personal basketball view, tbh.

Looking at one stat won't tell you the reality. However, these are the ORtgs of the team in games in which Parker has played this year:

11/29 -- 119
    12/1 -- 107
    12/4 -- 101
    12/6 -- 131
    12/8 -- 116

(Those are truncated, not rounded).

Small sample size and all that, but if you're going to be obsessed with numbers, you can make a very good argument that the offense is performing better with Parker (Mr Bad Offense in your world) than it did in Isopia last year.
    Enough said. You would rather go with 5 games or the past 4 full seasons?

You had to take days to come up with a response and this weak stuff is all you got to show for?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, because you come up with conclusions and analysis that don't relate at all with the stats and reality.
    No, it's because you don't know what the stats mean and just cite them and hope they make you seem smart. I doubt you even bother to look at the math behind the numbers. You just appeal to their authority.

The Spurs' offense has been elite the past two years with Kawhi as the number one option.
    9/30 is not elite. And that's just ORtg. Obviously in ppg they're way down, and that matters when it comes to having to match scores or make up ground.

See? This is your problem: you say you check stats but then come up with statements that don't relate to reality at all.
    No, your problem is you don't know what the stats mean, so you can't make arguments beyond what the numbers tell you.

Again, this doesn't happen. This isn't a thing except on your own subjective misguided mind, tbh. That's why you should pay more attention to stats instead of your clearly flawed personal basketball view, tbh.
    Yes, Patty, Danny and LMA are playing better offense than they were before. You shouldn't need a number to tell you that.

Enough said. You would rather go with 5 games or the past 4 full seasons?
    You're the one who acts like the team missing their starting PG should be judged against years of a healthy roster. Of course, the team isn't going to score more reliably when Murray is running the point. But as soon as he got out of the rotation, the team looks good, and that's with them going up against good defenses.

You had to take days to come up with a response and this weak stuff is all you got to show for?
    Bruh, to be honest, I forgot you had said something until this thread popped back up. It's the same old round and round with you. You misuse stats, I call you on it, you double down. Rinse and repeat. Doesn't matter if it's LMA or Murray or Capela or Parker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frankly, I don't think LMA touches will be the only thing affected, Pau, Tony, etc. they have to adjust too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, it's because you don't know what the stats mean and just cite them and hope they make you seem smart. I doubt you even bother to look at the math behind the numbers. You just appeal to their authority.
    Of course I know what the stats mean. That's why I use them on my anlysis to come up with smart conclusions and provide sensible basketball takes. That's why I'm not known for having re ed takes regarding the game, unlike you.

9/30 is not elite. And that's just ORtg.
    Where did you get those numbers?

Spurs were 6th in 2017 https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/sta...ate=2017-06-13
    And 4th in 2016 https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/sta...ate=2016-06-20

Obviously in ppg they're way down, and that matters when it comes to having to match scores or make up ground.
    PPG is low for the Spurs becuase of pace. Are you saying that if the offense was centered around a 35 yeard old PG that can't shoot threes and a bigman that needs the ball in the post the pace would be higher than having the offense centered around a dynamic 25 year old wing that shoots 50/40/90?

No, your problem is you don't know what the stats mean, so you can't make arguments beyond what the numbers tell you.
    Again, I'm not the one here that gets mocked for having constant ty takes, tbh.

Yes, Patty, Danny and LMA are playing better offense than they were before. You shouldn't need a number to tell you that.
    So now Aldridge counts as "a guy that shines playing with Aldridge"?

Danny is having virtually the same numbers than last season abd Patty is on pace to having one of the worst shooting seasons of his career.

Dude I already told you, check the stats before saying re ed .

You're the one who acts like the team missing their starting PG should be judged against years of a healthy roster. Of course, the team isn't going to score more reliably when Murray is running the point. But as soon as he got out of the rotation, the team looks good, and that's with them going up against good defenses.
    Acting as if the Spurs' offense sucking had more to do with missing Parker than missing Kawhi, a ing top 3 guy on the league.

Bruh, to be honest, I forgot you had said something until this thread popped back up. It's the same old round and round with you. You misuse stats, I call you on it, you double down. Rinse and repeat. Doesn't matter if it's LMA or Murray or Capela or Parker.
    Yeah, I'm sure you forgot about a post that several posters quoted to make fun of you.
    Last edited by DAF86; 12-10-2017 at 08:39 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs were a top 5 offense last year with Kawhi as main scorer. Now, they're 18th on offense with LMA as go-to guy.

But one guy here are trying to say they're offensively better this season? Stop lying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny is having virtually the same numbers than last season abd Patty is on pace to having one of the worst shooting seasons of his career.
    When the truth hurts...

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs were a top 5 offense last year with Kawhi as main scorer. Now, they're 18th on offense with LMA as go-to guy.

But one guy here are trying to say they're offensively better this season? Stop lying.

Kawhisos.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A few guys here criticized Kawhi's usage last regular season...Well, LMA has 28 USG%, almost the same usage that Kawhi had but I don't hear those guys saying "is too much" now like they did last season.

I hate people double standards.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When the truth hurts...
    What does Patty have to do with anything?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty has nothing to do with this son. He will be back to being Batman once Superman returns. I just had to school Chinook.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty has nothing to do with this son. He will be back to being Batman once Superman returns. I just had to school Chinook.
    Ok my nigs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A collateral damage in DAF-Chinook debate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Batman and Superman don't necessarily get along.

I think Batman and Superman are Kahwi and Aldridge... with their rivalry going on.

Patty is more like a Robin or Batgirl tbh

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah we have to nip this whole myth that Kawhi'isos hurts the offense. Even though he rarely does it and usually is a bail out shot when the offense can't get anything, and is always on point.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Batman and Superman don't necessarily get along.

I think Batman and Superman are Kahwi and Aldridge... with their rivalry going on.

Patty is more like a Robin or Batgirl tbh
    So ing triggered.

Thread Information