Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TPark and other season ticket holders lament

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering the situation with Tex, it might have been worth it.

It'd have been robbery if Schuerholz could have convinced Daniels to do it, but it would have been a little fair.
    If the guy can be a good catcher and a good hitter, and at least one of the prospects turns out to be good then it'll be a good trade. The situation definitely factors in here, and Tex was good as gone after next season anyway.

I don't think anyone wants Sosa, but I do think Gagne will be in pin stripes or Met blue if the Rangers can get a good prospect arm from either club by tomorrow. If Gagne did go to the Mets - that would be a of a matchup in a game with the playoff spot in the balance... Tex vs Gagne

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Omar Minaya might be able to be convinced to take on Sosa. He thinks very highly of him and is the one who originally signed him with Texas. If the Mets get Gagne, then there is a chance that Sosa can be a throw-in. Then we could call up Jason Botts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Code:
    MATT HARRISON, LHP  	   	Braves

Proper Name: Matthew Reid Harrison
    Born: Aug. 16, 1985 in Durham, N.C.
    School: South Granville HS, Creedmoor, N.C. 	Ht.: 6-4 Wt.: 221
    Bats: L Throws: L

Individual Pitching Stats
    Club (League) 	              W 	L 	ERA 	G 	GS 	CG 	SV 	IP 	H 	R 	ER 	HR 	BB 	SO 	WP 	BB/9 	SO/9 	AVG 	WHIP 	STR%
    Mississippi Braves (SL) 	5 	7 	3.39 	20 	20 	0 	0 	116.2 	118 	51 	44 	6 	34 	78 	2 	2.62 	6.02 	.264 	1.30 	---
    MINOR LEAGUE TOTALS 	  	5 	7 	3.39 	20 	20 	0 	0 	116.2 	118 	51 	44 	6 	34 	78 	2 	2.62 	6.02 	.264 	1.30 	---

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rumor is that the two prospects are Harrison and Nestali Feliz.

Thank God I'm a country boy! djohn14's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Nefatali Feliz is ranked as the fifth Braves prospect. He is 19 years old and word is that he has good "stuff". He had good numbers in the GCL. (Gulf Coast League)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't Harrison shut down for the season with an injury? Does anyone know how serious it is?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't Harrison shut down for the season with an injury? Does anyone know how serious it is?
    I read(espn) he had a MRI done on pitching arm and results were negative, thus the trade occuring shortly thereafter..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The sides reached a compromise agreement after Texas sought a subs ute for pitching prospect Matt Harrison due to injury concerns. According to the Fort Wort Star-Telegram, the Braves have agreed to send pitching prospect Neftali Feliz and a player to be named later instead of Harrison.
    (cnnsi.com)

I guess the rangers wanted no part of harrsion after the injury. That means he will be the next roger clemens

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is still a chance it could be Harrison, but I doubt theyd trade both him and Nefi. Man I loved Nefi and Elvis. I live the Braves so if yall have any questions about the prospects just ask me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is still a chance it could be Harrison, but I doubt theyd trade both him and Nefi. Man I loved Nefi and Elvis. I live the Braves so if yall have any questions about the prospects just ask me.
    djohn, I'm a Braves fan, too.

Question: Any word on why Matt Esquivel was suspended indefinitely? He's @ AA-Mississippi.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    when he becomes an All-Star, we can all look forward to Chris Berman announcing him as Jarrod Salta-Of-The-Earth-lamacchia! Tommy!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give us the lowdown on these guys (strengths and weaknesses)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    djohn, I'm a Braves fan, too.

Question: Any word on why Matt Esquivel was suspended indefinitely? He's @ AA-Mississippi.
    Shoot, there is one I didn't know. Last year or the year before last he got into a fight with a teamate, so he's not exactly a good person. Maybe he hurt Harrisons shoulder. (The Harrison thing was a joke). Esquivel has had his share of "stupidness". Wish I could help more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give us the lowdown on these guys (strengths and weaknesses)
    Salty is MLB ready, catcher or 1b. He is a good person too, so that always helps. Swith hitter. Only knock is he will chase them in the dirt. I have not seen Nefi play, but his ERA is like 2.05 or somthing. Dosen't walk guys and will pile up some K's. Only 19. Elvis Andrus...Great glove. He has lots of errors because he rushes his throughs. Slumping now, but only 18. Starting to hit better since he was in the Futures game. I beleive 25 steals. I'll give him 2 years to be an expanded roster addition, and 3 to be there to stay. Compared to Omar Visquel, Miggy T, and Edgar Renteria. Will strike out. If you get Harrison, you get a number 2 or 3 starter. Won't be an ace, but he'll develope nicely. Could be MLB ready in a year. Another possibility could be Kyle Davies if you don't get Harrison. He is MLB ready. Won't blow people away with FB, and has a nice curve. He has made Carlos Delgado and Carlos Beltran look like Bobby Anderson. I don't know him either, thats what I mean. He could be called up instantly. He could be a frontline starter, but the Braves sent him down because he loses confidence when he walks people. Still young.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Omar Minaya might be able to be convinced to take on Sosa. He thinks very highly of him and is the one who originally signed him with Texas. If the Mets get Gagne, then there is a chance that Sosa can be a throw-in. Then we could call up Jason Botts
    I dont see Gagne being dealt. Any chance we deal just Sosa?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont see Gagne being dealt. Any chance we deal just Sosa?
    I think the only way a transaction gets done involving only Sosa is if he gets waived.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's supposed to be a younger Tex who can also play catcher. But to trade a proven All-Star straight up for a prospective All-Star is just stupid. Good trade by Daniels as long as one of those pitchers is good.
    He's not a gold-glove first baseman....

He actually just started playing 1B this year because the Braves already had all-star McCann behind the plate and they wanted to get this kid some ABs.

What he IS...

A powerful, switch-hitting catcher. Some question whether he'll be able to stay behind the plate long-term because he's like 6'3, 230lb....but he should be able to stick there for the forseeable future.

Positives:

22yrs old
    Switch Hitter
    30-40 HR potential that's not far from being fulfilled
    Plays Catcher

Negatives:

Just Adequate Defensively
    Questionable Makeup to Stay @ Position
    Young, Inexperienced

IMO, the positives outweigh the negatives and the Rangers got a heck of a deal. Adding three young (especially Andrus) and promising talents is icing on the cake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to be rude to Tony as he is mostly right, but Salty is actually 6'4" 195. His arm as a catcher is great, but of course he isn't done growing and probably will get to 220. Also OK D isn't bad, it's just not a positive. He does not have a long way to go to be a starting catcher, however if you got him to play 1B, he still has a few (a lot) things to work on. With that being, you got some nice players, as did we.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wont be Davies, because it looks like he is going to KC for Octavio Dotel!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good trade, I wasn't impressed because I haven't heard the players we traded Tex for, but I am seeing some good reactions, and we did get quite a lot.

I don't want Gagne dealt, Sosa, maybe, but I like having him on our team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beleive me dg7md, you won't be dissapointed. This trade will help you a uva lot. In a couple of years, you'll be extremely happy, kinda like I am now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feliz, could probably be in Double A now if needed, he is just at R ball because he is 19 and needs to learn English. His stuff isn't OK, its great.

Thread Information