Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Late 2nd round pick cecil collins's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone has their stupid little internet jokes. I guess that passes as intelligent...I guess.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was in the....it's the hurricanes fault group...

Until the Democrats went on the attack...Is it really hard to see their motivations? I mean what do they have to lose? Control of the Presidency and both houses of congress?

About the only Democrat not placing blame is Blanco...I wonder why.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, you forgot a stupid little emoticon that alerts everyone to how funny you are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was in the....it's the hurricanes fault group...

Until the Democrats went on the attack...Is it really hard to see their motivations? I mean what do they have to lose? Control of the Presidency and both houses of congress?

About the only Democrat not placing blame is Blanco...I wonder why.
    It's funny that the Democrats get so much flack for their attack machine, when the republicans have been king of the attack game for so many years. Attacking has been proven to be successful, even more so if the media were liberal owned.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually...it's never worked...the attack game didn't work against Clinton...and it hasn't worked against Bush.

The approach that works is the...let them shoot themselves in the foot approach...Bush has done this several times...However the Democratic repsonse was to shoot themselves in both feet...EG...naming a commie traitor responsible for the deaths of millions, and whose greatins achievment was championing losing a war, as their Presidential Nominee, during a war....

They are trying too hard...try doing something productive other than attacking Bush for a change...it plays to their hardcore voters...but it alienates everyone else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The (successful) republican attack machine made you think Kerry was a commie, but he is far from it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No...Kerry did himself in just fine without any help from W. His history and track record speak for themselves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Question....where are they pumping all this polluted water?

Are they it pumping back into Lake Ponchetrain...pollution and all.....won't this invite even more problems environmentally?

That "water" has petroleum, human waste, and a variety of chemicals....why can't they filter it in some way to ease the the environmental reprocussions of putting that water into the eco-system?

Kinda reminds me of the Love Canal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are they it pumping back into Lake Ponchetrain...pollution and all.....won't this invite even more problems environmentally?
    Yes, and yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why dont they pump the water into Schlitterbahn, no one will know the difference anwyays

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why dont they pump the water into Schlitterbahn, no one will know the difference anwyays

Seriously, though....is Lake Pontchartrain big enough to absorb that much funk? That's scary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If so then fact check needs to hire me...FEMA couldn't tell Nagin ...FEMA has no control over local authorities...FACT. FEMA has no control over state authorities. FACT
    What are you smokin? Once W declared a State of Emergency over the weekend, FEMA could supersede the authority of both the Mayor and the Governor. Anything else you hear is just spin. Here is a long list of other questionable activities by FEMA

FEMA won't accept Amtrak's help in evacuations
    http://news.ft.com/cms/s/84aa35cc-1da8-11da-b40b-00000e...

FEMA turns away experienced firefighters
    http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2005/9/5/105538/7048

FEMA turns back Wal-Mart supply trucks
    http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/05/national/nationalspec... ;en=1d14ebfbd942a7d0&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&e mc=rss

FEMA prevents Coast Guard from delivering diesel fuel
    http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/05/national/nationalspec... ;en=1d14ebfbd942a7d0&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&e mc=rss

FEMA won't let Red Cross deliver food
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05246/565143.stm

FEMA bars morticians from entering New Orleans
    http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=15147862& ;BRD=1817&PAG=461&dept_id=68561&rfi=6

FEMA blocks 500-boat citizen flotilla from delivering aid
    http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2005/9/3/171718/0826

FEMA fails to utilize Navy ship with 600-bed hospital on board
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-0509... ;cset=true

FEMA to Chicago: Send just one truck
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-050902dale...

FEMA turns away generators
    http://www.wwltv.com/local/stories/WWLBLOG.ac3fcea.html

FEMA: "First Responders Urged Not To Respond"
    http://www.fema.gov/news/newsrelease.fema?id=18470

That last one is real ---not satire but straight from FEMA's website.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also they didn't use the fire department air raid sirens.. or drive around with loudspeakers.. "Yo yo.. get the out.. ya here.. no ing food or drink no weed for weeks get the out"..

That the would of understood.. (forgive my evil humor)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^^that and the fact that if celebs and media can hang out there during the storm and get there before helps arrives, no reason why it should have taken so long.

SW: Hot As Hell
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Corps of Engineers was monitoring pollutant levels as the are pumping the water. They said if they start to find an dangerous levels that may harm the environment, they would make some sort of changes to their strategies. I don't know if that means filtering, stoping the pumping or pumping the water elsewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, where else can the water be sent? I don't believe anyone wants to wait the decade it would take for the EPA to bureaucraticize the removal of the water from NO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know, if FEMA had requisitioned a ton of and spent hundreds of million$ in advance of Katrina, only to see it dissipate or not turn into a disaster then Nbadanbot would be googling articles criticizing that.

Same old song and the tunes still suck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're right on Bandit!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dan fails again, along with the rest of his "small group":

The following is quoted from "the Drudge Report".

CNNUSATODAYGALLUP POLL: ONLY 13% BLAME BUSH?
    Wed Sep 07 2005 10:42:26 ET

A CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll of 609 adults taken September 5-6 shows:

Blame Game -- 13% said George W. Bush is "most responsible for the problems in New Orleans after the hurricane"; 18% said "federal agencies"; 25% said "state and local officials"; 38% said "no one is to blame"; 6% had no opinion. -- 29% said that "top officials in the federal agencies responsible for handling emergencies should be fired"; 63% said they should not; 8% had no opinion.

MORE

Government Performance -- 10% said George W. Bush has done a "great" job in "responding to the hurricane and subsequent flooding"; 25% said "good"; 21% said "neither good nor bad"; 18% said "bad"; 24% said "terrible"; 2% had no opinion. -- 8% said federal government agencies responsible for handling emergencies have done a "great" job in "responding to the hurricane and subsequent flooding"; 27% said "good"; 20% said "neither good nor bad"; 20% said "bad"; 22% said "terrible"; 3% had no opinion. -- 7% said state and local officials in Louisiana have done a "great" job in "responding to the hurricane and subsequent flooding"; 30% said "good"; 23% said "neither good nor bad"; 20% said "bad"; 15% said "terrible"; 5% had no opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please someone list all the that happenned under Clintons 2 terms and the thats happenned under Bushs 1 & 1/4 terms.

Please! Please! Please ! Someone please explain what good has come from Bush?

SW: Hot As Hell
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please someone list all the that happenned under Clintons 2 terms and the thats happenned under Bushs 1 & 1/4 terms.

Please! Please! Please ! Someone please explain what good has come from Bush?
    I've come from a good bush and I've comed in a good bush.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've come from a good bush and I've comed in a good bush.
    a toast to that.

needs a margarita
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, whose fault is all of this? You've given me nothing to work with here.

needs a margarita
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, whose fault is all of this? You've given me nothing to work with here.
    Why, George Bush's fault, of course.

Thread Information